• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do NFL contracts work? No way Romo plays through his entire contract right? He's gonna get cut in like 3-4 years right guys? guys?

He'll get the guaranteed money from the deal, (orignally 55 million, now being reported in the 40 million-ish area) which also can be called a signing bonus, and currently whatever he has slotted in his yearly salary, plus or minus any playtime incentive bonuses (touchdowns, snaps played, playoffs, probowl, etc)

Teams can structure the way it's paid in very creative ways though.

cdyhybrid

How do NFL contracts work? No way Romo plays through his entire contract right? He's gonna get cut in like 3-4 years right guys? guys?

Romo will be your starting twenty-percent-of-the-salary-cap-by-himself quarterback for the next six years.

Then Jerry will give him another extension.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Piss or bust

All of the memorials around it made me feel bad.....

That said, Chicago's downtown literally makes downtown Houston and Dallas feel like a 3rd world country. Not once did a person bum money or hassle me in any way. And everything is so clean and occupied as opposed to the vacant wastelands in Dallas and parts of Houston.

Bleacherreport has more ads and popups than Bonzai Buddy ever put on my computer.

Talon

That said, Chicago's downtown literally makes downtown Houston and Dallas feel like a 3rd world country. Not once did a person bum money or hassle me in any way. And everything is so clean and occupied as opposed to the vacant wastelands in Dallas and parts of Houston.

Bleacherreport has more ads and popups than Bonzai Buddy ever put on my computer.
Ay. And we don't shovel our trash into large piles on the streets, like a certain #1 city in the world.

squicken

I guess we know why Tampa won't give up their first for Revis. They want Patterson. Draft him, put him with Williams and VJAX, draft a QB in the 2nd. What a way for a young QB to develop. Great OL, RB, and weapons at WR.

Geno to Eagles and Patterson to Bucs. 2 locks so far if the player is there and the team keeps the pick

edit: sorta NSFW, but god damn

http://i.imgur.com/mnKCZae.jpg

I guess we know why Tampa won't give up their first for Revis. They want Patterson. Draft him, put him with Williams and VJAX, draft a QB in the 2nd. What a way for a young QB to develop. Great OL, RB, and weapons at WR.

Geno to Eagles and Patterson to Bucs. 2 locks so far if the player is there and the team keeps the pick

edit: sorta NSFW, but god damn

http://i.imgur.com/mnKCZae.jpg

I really have no idea where you are getting this.

squicken

It's just my sense of things. La Confora has Geno as a top 5 pick, and thinks Jags are likely

In fact, everything I have heard leads me to believe the real smoke screen is the idea that there has been a rallying behind Gabbert. To the contrary, his sense of entitlement, lack of production/development, attitude, and struggles in the face of the pass rush are just some of the reasons why he might never see the fourth year of his rookie contract in Jacksonville. So the Jags are very much in the hunt for their next quarterback, they won't do any better than Smith in this draft, they're likely to be the first quarterback-needy team with the chance to take him, and passing on him could prove to be a huge mistake.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...ut-geno-smith-a-lock-to-be-picked-in-top-five

edit: I have always waited for the dirt to come out on that Auburn team. Synthetic marijuana use lulz

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.../report-auburn-kept-positive-drug-tests-quiet

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well we all know that no Division 1 football program will ever get nuked if systematic covering up of child abuse didn't warrant it.

May as well cheat until you get caught!

effzee

It's just my sense of things. La Confora has Geno as a top 5 pick, and thinks Jags are likely

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...ut-geno-smith-a-lock-to-be-picked-in-top-five

edit: I have always waited for the dirt to come out on that Auburn team. Systemic marijuana use lulz

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.../report-auburn-kept-positive-drug-tests-quiet

Damn Gabbert is already going into his fourth season?

Why wouldn't the Jags just wait or trade back into the first round to select him? No one else seems to be seriously interested.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If the Jags take Geno, there's no way that isn't a move to tank their way to L.A.

Anything short of "let's make our defense or offensive line better" is questionable for that team.

jakncoke

Banned
Well we all know that no Division 1 football program will ever get nuked if systematic covering up of child abuse didn't warrant it.

May as well cheat until you get caught!

This may seem like crazyland conspiracy, but it wouldnt shock me if Penn St paid them off to keep from getting nuked

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This may seem like crazyland conspiracy, but it wouldnt shock me if Penn St paid them off to keep from getting nuked

Your crazy land is my logic town.

I think that's a pretty reasonable estimation of what happened and will happen in the future. It's going to be weird taking away scholarships when colleges are forced to pay players in a decade or two. Bowl bans will still hurt!

Draft format likely coming for next Pro-Bowl:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/j.../nfl-likely-to-draft-format-for-next-pro-bowl

League officials had lengthy talks this week at the league headquarters in New York putting together more details for the Pro Bowl with things continuing to point to a format where selected players are drafted on teams, very likely on a primetime, televised selection show.

The NFLPA proposal, in which team captains and/or other parties pick players for two Pro Bowl teams once fan voting/team selection is complete, was presented to the owners two weeks ago at the league meeting and continues to generate positive momentum, sources said. There are no dissenting voices and league officials met this week to add to the skeleton they have in place for the format change, though more work must be done.

The NFL hopes to have all logistics sorted out shortly after the upcoming draft, sources said, and it may not need to come before an ownership vote, with the league and NFLPA already in unison on this for the most part. Figuring out how to maximize the interest and fan appeal, and also incentivize the event for the players, is paramount.

I also had this from Bell's last night. Pretty good

7mMUY6J.jpg

Quote that shit, bro.:)

Oh and :jnc at Microsoft Game Studios creative director all but confirming always online for the Durango.

EDIT: Giants update:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 38m

WR Julian Edelman's two-day visit w/#NYG went well, I'm told, but no deal yet. There could be one, eventually, but he's pondering options.

If he signs he won't get much more than vet minimum but it'll be interesting. Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Reuben Randel, Louis Murphy, Jerrel Jernigan and possibly Julian Edelman for WR depth. Edelman would be a good fit into the offense. He should already be familiar the concepts as I know New England runs plenty of option routes, etc.

squicken

Gruden's QB camp with Geno sucked. It's like 25 minutes of Gruden babbling. Not sure if that's always how they are, but I have no new information on Geno, but I'm pretty sure Gruden has 900 VHS tapes of Peyton Manning that he jerks off to

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Gruden's QB camp with Geno sucked. It's like 25 minutes of Gruden babbling. Not sure if that's always how they are, but I have no new information on Geno, but I'm pretty sure Gruden has 900 VHS tapes of Brent Favre that he jerks off to

Fixed.

Chicago is a really nice city for sure. I haven't spent much time downtown Houston so i can't argue... but the galleria area where I live is really nice. Westheimer, Sage, San Felipe, Post Oak are all really nice areas.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Chicago is a really nice city for sure. I haven't spent much time downtown Houston so i can't argue... but the galleria area where I live is really nice. Westheimer, Sage, San Felipe, Post Oak are all really nice areas.

Yeah there are nice parts of Houston but downtown is full of some seriously shady people constantly sitting at the bus stops. I get approached by weirdos every single time I go downtown trying to scam me or bum change. The medical district is nice though!

Yeah there are nice parts of Houston but downtown is full of some seriously shady people constantly sitting at the bus stops. I get approached by weirdos every single time I go downtown trying to scam me or bum change. The medical district is nice though!

Yeah the nicest areas I have been to were the Medical district, Museum district/Rice campus, and Galleria.

I wish Rice offered the degree I'm going for. I would loooove to go there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah the nicest areas I have been to were the Medical district, Museum district/Rice campus, and Galleria.

I wish Rice offered the degree I'm going for. I would loooove to go there.

Supposedly if you go east from Rice, it starts getting bad really quick. I've heard horrible things about the University of Houston area.

Supposedly if you go east from Rice, it starts getting bad really quick. I've heard horrible things about the University of Houston area.

That's just Houston in general it seems. Lots of really good areas right next to bad ones. The UH campus is nice but yeah the area surrounding it is not good.

edit---

are you moving to chicago or something or just visiting/vacationing?

MechDX

Damn! JJ played with ligaments torn in his arm all season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9133145/jj-watt-houston-texans-full-strength-2012

J.J. Watt had a dominating season in 2012, leading the NFL with 20.5 sacks despite having to play with an elbow injury that he revealed this week was more significant than thought.

The Houston Texans defensive end dislocated his elbow in the first week of training camp, and the team's trainers popped it back into place. He wore a brace the entire season after sitting out most of the preseason but went on to win the Associated Press' Defensive Player of the Year award.

Besides his league-leading sack total, he also deflected 16 passes, made 81 tackles and forced four fumbles.

In an interview with Sports Radio 610 in Houston on Tuesday, Watt said he was never at full strength. He said his elbow is "feeling great" now.

"In the beginning, it definitely affected me," Watt said in the interview. "All the ligaments in there were torn, they were all gone, so they had to have time to recover and regroup. So obviously, I wasn't at full strength.

"The brace helped a lot, but it was more of a mental thing, getting over the thought process of knowing that it was injured and making sure that I could still have confidence in it. As the season went on, I got more and more confidence in it, and obviously, it didn't hinder me too much; I had some success out there. But [I'm] looking forward to a 100 percent full healthy season."

Dayum! I love the first response though:

As a Colts fan, this is terrible news

36 fans like this.

159414233.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom