• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

1XIeoFm.jpg

Dragon

Banned
damn that fucking sucks. i'm going to be selling my house i bought in 2010 soon and had just briefly looked into that last year and swore i thought i read it was on a prorated basis but i looked into a bit just now and it looks like you are right and you'd have to pay it back in full. lame

Well I will say (I had to pay 8000 back) that with the deductions in mortgage interest I ended up only having to pay 3000 to the feds. But I also am renting it out and they make you fill it out weirdly. Basically I'm sure I'm doing this completely wrong and the feds will come after me haha.

Narag

I have never seen a good discussion involving console or phone wars.

I can't stand people who care what electronics other people use.

It bothers me that folk sort of graduate from console wars to phone wars and act like the latter is any more of a worthwhile fight while condemning the former.

WedgeX

Banned
Just moved into my new place....we went from having internet at 0.5mbps to 3mbps with 1/upload. I can game once more!

Also. Cable included, with free HBO. Got dang.

bionic77

Just moved into my new place....we went from having internet at 0.5mbps to 3mbps with 1/upload. I can game once more!

Also. Cable included, with free HBO. Got dang.
Wow. Where do you live?

3mbps is shit even for a 3rd world country. My phones slow net speed is faster than that. And LTE shits all over that.

WedgeX

Banned
Wow. Where do you live?

3mbps is shit even for a 3rd world country. My phones slow net speed is faster than that. And LTE shits all over that.

DC. So we're pretty much fucked unless we try to get verison fios. But I can game on it so I don't care!

Slo

I might live in ohio but at least I have semi decent internet mr.michigan or whatever state you live in

You ever eat that one fish dish that stored in lye or whatever for like 6 months or is that what you're currently talking about

Yes, I've had Lutefisk. Nasty as fuck. In fact about the only Scandinavian food that's worth a shit are Rosettes

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm loving this 3DS XL and I haven't even played a game yet.

Apparently I can download either Super Mario 3D, Starfox 3D or Professor Layton: Miracle Mask for free. :eek:

squicken

Really good read, and a reason we may see more QBs go in the first than we thought. Under the new CBA, all first round picks get 5 year contracts, whereas 2nd and later get 4 year deals. So for high value positions like X-WR, LT, DE, CB, and especially QB, it's to a team's benefit to get a guy in the first round. Whoever SF grabs at 33, they control for 4 years, but BAL controls pick 32 for 5 years. Minimal difference in upfront money, but huge down the line.

So the teams at the top of round two may have it in their best interests, if they want to draft QBs, to jump back into the first round and get that extra year of control. It could also mean that teams like BUF, who know that teams in the second will be doing that, to just go ahead and draft QB at 8

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--n...qbs-get-drafted-in-first-round-150546269.html

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lol, so it's just an impressive Mantle Piece for you as well then? ;D

I got a bunch of DS titles, I just wanted this now!

And hey I essentially got Luigi's Mansion and Mario Land 3D for free by buying this system.

See this is what happens when you aren't a dirty poor. Things just are given to you.

Really good read, and a reason we may see more QBs go in the first than we thought. Under the new CBA, all first round picks get 5 year contracts, whereas 2nd and later get 4 year deals. So for high value positions like X-WR, LT, DE, CB, and especially QB, it's to a team's benefit to get a guy in the first round. Whoever SF grabs at 33, they control for 4 years, but BAL controls pick 32 for 5 years. Minimal difference in upfront money, but huge down the line.

So the teams at the top of round two may have it in their best interests, if they want to draft QBs, to jump back into the first round and get that extra year of control. It could also mean that teams like BUF, who know that teams in the second will be doing that, to just go ahead and draft QB at 8

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--n...qbs-get-drafted-in-first-round-150546269.html

Hopefully this comes true

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yes, I've had Lutefisk. Nasty as fuck. In fact about the only Scandinavian food that's worth a shit are Rosettes

I really hope that Minneapolis or St. Paul isn't festering with awful Nordic food if I get to move there this summer. I am dying for some decent German food though. That's a type of cuisine that's vastly underrated and hard to find.

I got a bunch of DS titles, I just wanted this now!

And hey I essentially got Luigi's Mansion and Mario Land 3D for free by buying this system.

See this is what happens when you aren't a dirty poor. Things just are given to you.

What are you playing on DS? Castlevania's are great, as is 999 ;D

Milchjon

I really hope that Minneapolis or St. Paul isn't festering with awful Nordic food if I get to move there this summer. I am dying for some decent German food though. That's a type of cuisine that's vastly underrated and hard to find.

So true.
I'm trying to eat more German right now, because I've neglected our cuisine for a while.
Meat, fat and potatoes. The holy trinity of food.

squicken

Hopefully this comes true

I think it will, at a minimum, further keep teams from drafting safeties, guards, and running backs in the first round. They want that low cost fifth year, and so to maximize value, you want that low cost fifth year on positions that are expensive on the FA market. So pass rushers, left tackles, and QBs will go high. "Low cost" is relative. It's basically a franchsie tag in year 5. But it's pegged after year 3, not year 4. Also, the team can use the tag in year 6 at the non-120% rate. No extensions are allowed until the end of year 3, and a team has tons of leverage over the player, b/c they can control him through his 28th year

The CBA requires all drafted players to receive a four year contract but teams hold a fifth year option with first round picks. The teams can exercise this option after the end of the players third season adding an additional year to the original contract. The salary is figured like this: A player picked 1-10 receive the average salary of the top ten players at his position while picks 11-32 get the average salary of the top three through twenty five players at his position. The salary is determined at that time the option is exercised after the players third season entering their fourth. The fifth year salary is guaranteed for injury only until the start of the players “Fifth League” year where it becomes fully guaranteed.

This really has the effect of benefiting good teams. They get the fifth year cheaper than the teams picking in the top 10

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So true.
I'm trying to eat more German right now, because I've neglected our cuisine for a while.
Meat, fat and potatoes. The holy trinity of food.

Who doesn't like fried and breaded pork chops with a side of red potatoes and a beer?

Man food.

Slo

Yelp says that there are a couple of places, but it's not like there's a big call for authentic German food. You can get meat, potatoes and beer anywhere.

Besides, most purebred Germans were killed back in the war.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yelp says that there are a couple of places, but it's not like there's a big call for authentic German food. You can get meat, potatoes and beer anywhere.

Besides, most purebred Germans were killed back in the war.

Sounds like I'll be driving into Wisconsin then....

I'm sure the food is fantastic there since Guy Fireri or whatever is going to Minnesota every other episode of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.

I dont like pork chops.

That's why you're short. Didn't you ever wonder why all of us Germans are so tall?

Sounds like I'll be driving into Wisconsin then....

I'm sure the food is fantastic there since Guy Fireri or whatever is going to Minnesota every other episode of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.

That's why you're short. Didn't you ever wonder why all of us Germans are so tall?

Germans were bred to be tall and muscular.

Colasante

I hope this comes to be and the Patriots are able to trade back from 29 to stockpile more picks, but I don't think the premise that this will encourage teams to take QBs in the 1st necessarily is true. Last year the Vikings traded up for Harrison Smith and the Bucs traded up for Doug Martin.

I think we'll see a lot of jostling up to grab whatever guy a team thinks is 'their guy' in the late 1st in order to secure another year, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team like the Cardinals or Jaguars rates Barkley, Glennon, Bray or whoever on a near-equal footing and simply waits and takes whoever happens to drop to them. But we'll see, I really do hope some desperate teams trade up and give up picks for a 5th year on a QB that'll probably end up being a bust anyway.

Slo

Holy crap, watching the Nebraska Cornhuskers Red/White spring game and they just brought a 7 year old kid with cancer onto the field on 4th and 1 and let him take it 70 yards to the house in front of a full stadium. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom