• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Saturday night was a whopper. Wife's like, we should borrow our neighbor's 'rug doctor' or whatever it's called. So yeah. Cleaned all the carpets in the house. Fuck I'm getting old.
Wow. And it's already 7 o'clock. Too late for the blue plate special. Better just get to bed.

brentech

Wow. And it's already 7 o'clock. Too late for the blue plate special. Better just get to bed.
Lol, seriously it's ridiculous. At least we're catching up on mad men now.

I can't say our weekends matter like they do to most though. Neither of us work jobs with normal weekday hours.

bluemax

Banned
Clayton Kershaw was a "blocking back" for Matthew Stafford in High School according to Dodgers announcer Vin Scully.

That's kind of bizarre to imagine, given how lanky Kershaw is.

I hope you like Teo, you're getting him and his imaginary gfs and bfs

Don't forget his speed and strength. They're getting that too.

john-harbaugh-on-teo2-2-25-13.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Clayton Kershaw was a "blocking back" for Matthew Stafford in High School according to Dodgers announcer Vin Scully.

The last football game Vin Scully ever saw featured the 49'ers wide receivers lining up in 3 point stances. It's also "the catch" game. The actual play starts around the 6:00 mark. It's a great call. Just let's the crowd roar for 30 seconds.

squicken

Not sure why people are all giddy over Bioshock Infintie. It's the same game as the other two. The presentation is great, but moment to moment combat is sooooo boring. I don't know what the secret sauce to making shooters seem not repetitive is, but this game doesn't have it

Not sure why people are all giddy over Bioshock Infintie. It's the same game as the other two. The presentation is great, but moment to moment combat is sooooo boring. I don't know what the secret sauce to making shooters seem not repetitive is, but this game doesn't have it

i didn't find anything special about the gameplay itself. not horrible but just whatever. i will give it props for the "feel" of the guns and hits on the opponents. felt really good but from a pure gameplay stance it was whatever. the reason i loved the game is the story and the world of columbia. bioshock 1 was nothing special with gameplay either but i loved that game too

Rorschach

Vin used to call football. He knows what he said and he means it! Speaking of which, I wish we could get a new blocking back on the right side of the line. Barnes is killing us!

I read an interview where he said he was a fat kid and Matthew was the more athletic guy. How things change! Kershaw played OL and DL.

squicken

i didn't find anything special about the gameplay itself. not horrible but just whatever. i will give it props for the "feel" of the guns and hits on the opponents. felt really good but from a pure gameplay stance it was whatever. the reason i loved the game is the story and the world of columbia. bioshock 1 was nothing special with gameplay either but i loved that game too

I thought the gameplay matched the environment in the first game a lot better. Everyone was crazy and attacked on sight. But this place, at least in the beginning, is supposed to be a functioning city. Seems odd the townsfolk are just gone and it's a shooting gallery again

bluemax

Banned
I wasn't trying to besmirch the good name of Vin Scully. The interesting part of the story was Kershaw blocking for Fat Stafford.

Bioshock 1 is a 10, Infinite is an 8.5.

It's Ken Levine's Chinese Democracy.

Comboing vigors works much better then the plasmids ever did. The enemies are much more fun to fight this time. Patriots >>> Big Daddies.

squicken

NFLN showing Giants-Pats where NE wins and goes 16-0. Belichick and Kraft look so happy like they've conquered the world . . .

Bioshock gets a at least a point deducted for falling flat post
Would you Kindly?
. Despite loving some of the content afterwards from a level design standpoint, it just never recovered story wise.

Infinite gets it right. It builds and builds and builds until it finally breaks through right when it should. For that, it's a better overall narrative experience, IMO.

I love them both though so we'd be arguing over which to love more.;)

NFLN showing Giants-Pats where NE wins and goes 16-0. Belichick and Kraft look so happy like they've conquered the world . . .
That's a great game. Even though we lost, it's just enjoyable to watch.

Flacco to play Johnny U in a movie:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/flacco-will-play-unitas-in-portion-of-new-movie/

The son of Hall of Fame quarterback John Unitas plans to produce a film of his father’s life. Playing the former Baltimore Colt in scenes regarding the team’s 1958 NFL title-game win will be the current Baltimore Raven who recently led the team to a Super Bowl title.

Joe Unitas tells the Baltimore Sun that Joe Flacco has agreed to don the Colts uniform and play the role of John Unitas.

Larry's reaction:

JKGnqyG.gif

Milchjon

Don't you dare. Who the fuck even cares about Chinese Democracy.

Infinite is awesome and everyone who says otherwise is just a GAFfer.

And that's the worst Insult I can come up with.

Also, real life on alcohol is QWOP.

Barkley seems to have the Gruden seal of approval. It's funny beacause at one point I was fine with having either Barkley or RG3 in that draft, before he decided to go back to school.

squicken

Barkley seems to have the Gruden seal of approval. It's funny beacause at one point I was fine with having either Barkley or RG3 in that draft, before he decided to go back to school.

I just think these shows aren't nearly enough actual football discussion. It's just Gruden's psychology camp. He showed another Manning highlight. I think that's what's on all those tapes. I also thought it was a bit unfair to compare the play Barkley got hurt on vs Manning hitting the deck. Barkely was looking right (for too long, but that's where his eyes were). Manning was looking in the middle of the field. Much easier to see the unblocked guy for Peyton

Don't you dare. Who the fuck even cares about Chinese Democracy.
People that love killer guitar solos and pretentious megalomania.

Infinite gets it right.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

It's like one big M Night Shamayalaylan movie. You can have your twists but if that's all your piece of art is, then it's a piece of shit.
Luckily for Infinite the emotional core is interesting and somewhat redeems the rest.

But it's distracted and overwrought. Levine bit off more than he could chew and it shows. A sense of self-paraysis probably ensued preventing him from making one choice so he made all of them but in pieces.

Anyway I've had too many Strawberry Daiquiri's to clearly express my point.

I love the game but it's far inferior to the original Bioshock. Of course, agree to disagree. Kisses.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Considering how strong and husky Staff is, you dont need much in front of Staff because he would just run them over.

But yeah, the best arm in football, and possibly the best arm in baseball are BFFs and high school teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom