• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, watching the Nebraska Cornhuskers Red/White spring game and they just brought a 7 year old kid with cancer onto the field on 4th and 1 and let him take it 70 yards to the house in front of a full stadium. Awesome.

Marshawn Lynch did the same thing at his alma mater earlier this year.

I think it will, at a minimum, further keep teams from drafting safeties, guards, and running backs in the first round. They want that low cost fifth year, and so to maximize value, you want that low cost fifth year on positions that are expensive on the FA market. So pass rushers, left tackles, and QBs will go high. "Low cost" is relative. It's basically a franchsie tag in year 5. But it's pegged after year 3, not year 4. Also, the team can use the tag in year 6 at the non-120% rate. No extensions are allowed until the end of year 3, and a team has tons of leverage over the player, b/c they can control him through his 28th year

This really has the effect of benefiting good teams. They get the fifth year cheaper than the teams picking in the top 10

Only helps the Rams. Bigger market for trading down too

Holy crap, watching the Nebraska Cornhuskers Red/White spring game and they just brought a 7 year old kid with cancer onto the field on 4th and 1 and let him take it 70 yards to the house in front of a full stadium. Awesome.

Lets not pretend the Nebraska D would have been able to do anything about it anyway

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
there is 0.0% chance that you can call someone disgusting just b/c they are gay and not get banned

I'm almost 100% positive he was talking about what the guy was wearing. I was doubtful at first until I saw the picture. The kid looks like a hot mess.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What's up, guys? New to NFLGAF.

Played football for over a decade (youth, high school, college).

Da Bears.

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

Welcome

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Welcome. Most of the Bears fans stopped following football, so it's good to see a fan here.

We'll never see one again if CFL picks Manti Teo!

Well they may pop in to say how awesome Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are for a few weeks until he gets injured and Brandon Marshall leaves the podium crying.

The Green Bay Rodgers' are one of the most one dimensional teams in the league offensively. It's not hard to pick apart a cover two defense that basically never changes when you play them twice a year, every year.

We ran the same defense for a time in high school. Fortunately, few teams in our conference threw the ball often, so we didn't have to worry about the countless holes in our secondary inherent to that coverage scheme.

Jay Cutler is your QB - figure it out!

Hard to believe Jaysauce has a thing for little kids when he's slamming Kristin Cavallari. ::drool::

Welcome.

I like you already because you haven't made fun of the Browns thus far.

I won't. I grew up with the 90's Chicago Bears. I'm sympathetic to your eternal search for true offensive productivity.

All that said, happy to be here, haha.

Milchjon

The Green Bay Rodgers' are one of the most one dimensional teams in the league offensively. It's not hard to pick apart a cover two defense that basically never changes when you play them twice a year, every year.

We ran the same defense for a time in high school. Fortunately, few teams in our conference threw the ball often, so we didn't have to worry about the countless holes in our secondary inherent to that coverage scheme.

Hard to believe Jaysauce has a thing for little kids when he's slamming Kristin Cavallari. ::drool::

Perfect.

Welcome again.

Wes

venison crêpe
Bashing the Packers, likes blondes, is understanding of the Browns' plight?

Have we found the American Dutch?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Game of Thrones season started last week, Mad Men season starts tomorrow.

WWDDD? WWDDD? Exactly.

Don Draper would do something horrible because everyone on that show is a horrible person except for maybe the kids and Pete's wife (from what I've seen).

Slo

Don Draper would do something horrible because everyone on that show is a horrible person except for maybe the kids and Pete's wife (from what I've seen).

I'm hoping that Don fucks Pete's wife in the season premiere. In front of Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom