• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Striker

I just wanted to see him not drop a ball.

3VbGTUV.gif

Super Bowls 42 and 43 were two of the most exciting ones ever and recent enough to be part of the HD era. I would definitely recommend watching both of those.

Super Bowl 42 was fucking stupid and should be avoided like the plague.

Do not listen to fatty BigAT.

It was such a needed change, come on bloodborne loading patch.
It didn't bother me most of the time but in some of the chapters that took me a ton of turns it got kind of irritating. I still have a few chapters to go but I love the game overall.

Bloodborne really does need a patch. I have played a lot of games with bad load times and I didn't think they would bother me but they are pretty terrible.

bionic77

How many of you saw Furious 7?

I reaffirmed my hate of Letty in that movie. She is annoying in pretty much everything she does and somehow every show and movie seems to get better once they kill her off. The 3rd act was really bloated but the scene with the Rock was the highlight of the movie. The ending was perfect and I loved the way they did it. I know they will continue the series but for me it was the perfect way to end the series as well.

If they were smart they would start a new franchise using the old characters to introduce the new ones, but they are probably too greedy to do that.

I reaffirmed my hate of Letty in that movie. She is annoying in pretty much everything she does and somehow every show and movie seems to get better once they kill her off. The 3rd act was really bloated but the scene with the Rock was the highlight of the movie. The ending was perfect and I loved the way they did it. I know they will continue the series but for me it was the perfect way to end the series as well.

If they were smart they would start a new franchise using the old characters to introduce the new ones, but they are probably too greedy to do that.

Already announced they are going to do 3 more, end it with FF10.

Arc

Is Joe Sakic handing the Stanley Cup to Ray Bourque before hoisting it first himself the classiest moment in the history of sports?

Spinluck

I saw it last night. It was about as ridiculous and over the top as I expected.

Kingsman is still the best action movie so far this year though. Fast 7 was fun regardless.

lol at the Rock Rock Bottoming Statham.

MOCK DRAFT 2015 - Start time 2:00PM EST!

List of participants:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx, Hammer24
2. Tennessee Titans -
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -
4. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
5. Washington Redskins -
6. New York Jets - Shadyspace
7. Chicago Bears - minx88
8. Atlanta Falcons -
9. New York Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT
10. St. Louis Rams -
11. Minnesota Vikings -
12. Cleveland Browns - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
13. New Orleans Saints -
14. Miami Dolphins - Darkest Red, HiMyNameIsChris, Bread
15. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer
16. Houston Texans - MechDX
17. San Diego Chargers -
18. Kansas City Chiefs -
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) - BlackGhost, TheBatman, Confrontation
20. Philadelphia Eagles - Gutshot, JABEE, Yankeehater
21. Cincinnati Bengals -
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
23. Detroit Lions - NihonTiger90, Kas
24. Arizona Cardinals - Squall ASF
25. Carolina Panthers - Grover Cleveland
26. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
27. Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
28. Denver Broncos - Godslay, MetalFearSolid
29. Indianapolis Colts - Spinluck
30. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu
31. New Orleans Saints (from Seattle) -
32. New England Patriots - Dutch, Gata, Case

Rules:

1. You and your group should come to a consensus on who you genuinely think your team would take. Not who you want.
2. No trades.
3. Each person/group has a 4 hour limit to make their pick. If the pick is not in within that 4 hour time limit, then the remaining NFL-GAF members will make a consensus pick. If no consensus is made, I will make the pick as the person running the draft.
4. Each pick should be accompanied with a short synopsis of why the pick was made. Don't write a book. Just tell me why.
5. Your pick can be PM'd to me directly and I will add it. That can be done before your on the clock. If you don't think you'll be here. You can send me your top three choices as your time draws near. You don't have to post it in the thread if you're going to be away.

If you still want in, let me know.

WedgeX

Banned
After Suh left, I'd thought that the Lions contract drama would be pretty limited. But one of their safeties has decided to be a drama llama.

Detroit Free Press said:
James Ihedigbo had the best season of his career last year, one he thought should have ended in the Pro Bowl, and he wants to be rewarded for it.

Ihedigbo will not report for off-season workouts when the Detroit Lions return for voluntary conditioning April 20, his agent Marc Lillibridge said tonight.

"He's looking for a new contract," Lillibridge said. "The NFL's notorious for if a player doesn't play up to his contract they'll cut him, yet they want a guy who outplays his contract, very rarely gets rewarded.

"We're just looking for compensation due for the play level James performed at last year, and I'm confident that he played at a Pro Bowl type level. He was an alternate for the Pro Bowl and we'd like his salary to be equal to or better than some of the other safeties out there that aren't as good as James."

Dig played well after the Lions took a chance on him, an underachiever previously, but he got benched the last week of the season and played poorly in the playoffs.

If anyone chooses the Redskins, PM me. I have some ideas/suggestions but not enough time to helm this effort.
I'm not actively PM'ing anyone on this. If you have suggestions, please send them to me and I'll take them into account when we do the consensus pick or if I have to end up picking. Or I'll just take your suggestions as gospel to keep this thing moving.:D

I'm not actively PM'ing anyone on this. If you have suggestions, please send them to me and I'll take them into account when we do the consensus pick or if I have to end up picking. Or I'll just take your suggestions as gospel to keep this thing moving.:D
Let's be real, you will end up making at least half the picks by necessity just like always. :p

SonnyBoy

I wasn't asking/tasking you to reach out to me, it was for whomever decided to take the task on. It was just an FYI.

But I'll be more than happy to send my thoughts to you, since there's a chance nobody will choose them.

I wasn't asking/tasking you to reach out to me, it was for whomever decided to take the task on. It was just an FYI.

But I'll be more than happy to send my thoughts to you, since there's a chance nobody will choose them.
Definitely. Please do. I'd like to have the input because if someone from Redskins-GAF already has say a top three in mind, I can make a pick based on that and keep the draft moving if that makes sense.

Let's be real, you will end up making at least half the picks by necessity just like always. :p
I know. :(

Hopefully we'll get more consensus picks by the group this year.

That's generally why a second round never works. I end up making all of the picks and I just don't care to do that.

Greg

so good

over the top and cheesy - everything I wanted from it

Rock flexing out of the cast was amazing

He sent it to me and I can assure you he is a lot more than shirtless...

l2smartphone, Dutch. Damn.

You never even invited me to snapchat! Liar!

As long as you were shirtless though I don't think they'd mind

I was shirtless when I took the picture if that counts.

get a flip and you have nothing to worry about!

Sounds like a plan.

I heard Dutch loves it when you snapchat him delicious things to eat that he doesn't have access to.

You eat way too much good food, it's stupid.

bionic77

so good

The highlight of the movie (besides the ending) was Rock flexing out of the cast, chasing down a predator drone in an ambulance and than shooting up downtown LA with a mini gun. Spectacular. I hate everything with Letty (just don't like that actress) and I thought the regular cast running away from the drone was not done well. It did not really involve any crazy driving or stunts, they were just handing off the hacker from one car to another. Could have done more with that. But still overall a fun movie.

They showed the Avengers trailer where I saw it, but that movie looks so boring. MI whatever with Tom Cruise looked amazing. That series has been amazing since MI:2 (total dog shit).

Pro

so good

From street racers to bona fide Super Heroes. Most action packed movie I've ever seen. It out-Expendabled The Expendables. Too much for most people to take but I loved every minute. That cast is too cool.

High Speed Challenger vs. Maserati chicken with full impact head on collision, followed by a full hand-to-hand fight by the drivers...wut? Also "The Street Always Wins" parking garage stomp. Lol. Too over the top.

I don't blame you, you're already married to a pats fan, adding a pats son was just asking for trouble. And speaking of trouble any thoughts on who we might draft for the mock?
It's true. I can put up with a lot but everyone has their limits. I'm sure gata will be a good father figure anyway.

Based on who the Dolphins are most likely to pick I'd say WR or CB. It really depends on what the board looks like when #14 rolls around. I could see Parker if he's still there but Waynes or Peters seem like safe bets as well. What do you think? Heard any rumblings lately?

The highlight of the movie (besides the ending) was Rock flexing out of the cast, chasing down a predator drone in an ambulance and than shooting up downtown LA with a mini gun. Spectacular. I hate everything with Letty (just don't like that actress) and I thought the regular cast running away from the drone was not done well. It did not really involve any crazy driving or stunts, they were just handing off the hacker from one car to another. Could have done more with that. But still overall a fun movie.

They showed the Avengers trailer where I saw it, but that movie looks so boring. MI whatever with Tom Cruise looked amazing. That series has been amazing since MI:2 (total dog shit).

Man I think Age of Ultron looks like it is going to be fantastic. I am so excited to see it.

bionic77

Man I think Age of Ultron looks like it is going to be fantastic. I am so excited to see it.
The first movie was eh. And the trailer for the 2nd looks identical to the first movie (granted trailers are generally the worst way to judge a movie). I am going to wait for reviews on that one.

Cap 2 was really good (though the first was gutter trash) but honestly the only Marvel movie that I really loved was Guardians of the Galaxy. And I wonder if they can maintain the magic for the sequel.

By the way, did you really love the first Avengers or do you love it the same way you love the Xbone*?

* /wink-wink-nudge-nudge

It's true. I can put up with a lot but everyone has their limits. I'm sure gata will be a good father figure anyway.

Based on who the Dolphins are most likely to pick I'd say WR or CB. It really depends on what the board looks like when #14 rolls around. I could see Parker if he's still there but Waynes or Peters seem like safe bets as well. What do you think? Heard any rumblings lately?

Everyone thinks Miami will go WR, although there was this LB that Armando said they were really high on, forgot his name though. I agree though I think we go WR, there isn't a linemen worth taking in the top 15th.

TDR just pulled a Kaepernick smh

Absentee fathers are ruining America man
I never signed the adoption papers! It was a trial period, dammit!

Everyone thinks Miami will go WR, although there was this LB that Armando said they were really high on, forgot his name though. I agree though I think we go WR, there isn't a linemen worth taking in the top 15th.
I really hope they don't reach on a WR if the top three are gone.

Top Bottom