• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

zychi

Banned
CCBuyXCWAAA7VG0.jpg:large

2015 Texans Cheerleader Squad.

Getting paid less than a college squad, but more than a college athlete

#NFLSupportsWomen
#WearPinkInOctobersopeoplethinkwearecharitablebutwekeep90%ofthedonations

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
uhhh so admitting to drinking and driving is a good way to make enemies. Careful who you share that with.

Alright, LionsGAF. PM me with any thoughts you have regarding our pick. We have a while to wait. Kas and I, of course, already have our opinions in the mix.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1.) DJ Humphries (OT, Florida) The more I read of him the more I like. Has great physical measurables as an offensive lineman and played against top tier SEC talent, including shutting down Shane Ray, and can at the very least start at guard day one. Our offensive line certaintly needs added depth but I don't see DJ making it to #23. If he does I think we'll draft him.

2.) Melvin Gordon (RB, Wisconsin) With Reggie Bush now gone RB will certaintly be a focus in the draft. Melvin Gordon has rare size and speed that makes him the top running back in this draft, IMO. He's performed big time in big time games and looks like the home run hitting running back the Lions have looked for to help take pressure off of Matthew Staffords broad, strong shoulders, and the offense as a whole. The Jahvid Best experience gave us brief glimpses of a running game Detroit hasn't seen since Barry Sanders. Despite Joique Bell being a solid RB and Theo Riddick showing glimpses of promise I think if Gordon is available at #23, Martin Mayhew and the front office will take him.

3.) Eddie Goldman (DT, Florida State) Probably my favorite DT in the draft. Plays with strong leverage, sheds blockers and has overall great technique. Has been a consistent starter for the last two years without injury issues and was a leader on the 2013 FSU Championship team. Saw an interview with him the other day and seems motivated and ready to put in work. Would be a solid addition to add depth and youth to our defensive line, learn under Haloti Ngata and defensive mastermind, Teryl Austin.

One of these guys will be available at #23 depending on how the draft shakes out. I personally want Melvin Gordon but would be more than happy with any of these 3.

With the 23rd pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select Melvin Gordon from the University of Wisconsin

B4mBz2JCcAA93BD.jpg

The Greatest Show on Turf 2.0: We are all witnesses.

Restore the Roar.

Milchjon

I'm drinking an oatmeal stout with vanilla.

#NationalBeerDay

Fucking purity law nazis over here have mostly kept us away from such treats. All the stouts with vanilla I've had have been amazing.

I only had a Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA, mostly to get the Untappd badge for the occasion.

forms

So, at the age of 40, having spent my life without any need of sports, I was just fucking HOOKED after having been introduced to football preseason last year. I am now sitting here, watching NFL Total Access and qondering how I will last until the season starts.

What the hell do you guys do, football wise, outside of season? College football starts later as well, right? Madden has sluggish loading times. I need more football. I LOVE this game, the mixture of tactics, violence and presentation is not found anywhere else.

Help me out, GAF, for Sweden is a cold and barren country for a football lover.

Milchjon

We make fun of Gata.

Otherwise, there's lots of old fun stuff to catch up with. NFL Films material, Road To The Super Bowl, A Football Life, Hard Knocks (the Jets one in particular), some 30 for 30 episodes... A lot of it can be found on YouTube.

Or just rewatch the Malcolm Butler gif a hundred million times til August.

PS: What's your team?

forms

Looking mostly at the Bears and I don't even know why. They suck, and still I just can't stop watching everything regarding them.

Gamepass has loads of old stuff, so I will have to trawl for good stuff. Any specific advice on what not to miss is appreciated.

Milchjon

Games I enjoyed a lot:

The 2009 Cardinals-Packers playoff game

The 2011 (I think) Niners-Saints playoff game

I'm also partial to the 2013 regular season Pats Broncos game.

Oh, and watch Tebow fuck up the Steelers, although that one probably is only fun if you had the context of the season.

Plus most of the Super Bowls in recent years have been enjoyable.

Milchjon

"Good" also depends on personal preferences.

For instance I absolutely love Seattle destroying Peyton or some of those Pats pile-ons, but I wouldn't call those good games in general.

Gobias

Banned
Looking mostly at the Bears and I don't even know why. They suck, and still I just can't stop watching everything regarding them.

Gamepass has loads of old stuff, so I will have to trawl for good stuff. Any specific advice on what not to miss is appreciated.

Be a Browns fan. You won't regret it. Plus, the offseason is like the real season for us so it goes by much faster.

forms

Thanks for the advice on stuff to watch, really appreciated.

Regarding browns vs bears, I don't know why. It just hurts but I just fell in love. Feels like I am in an abusive relationship.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Games I enjoyed a lot:

The 2009 Cardinals-Packers playoff game

The 2011 (I think) Niners-Saints playoff game

I'm also partial to the 2013 regular season Pats Broncos game.

Oh, and watch Tebow fuck up the Steelers, although that one probably is only fun if you had the context of the season.

Plus most of the Super Bowls in recent years have been enjoyable.

Eww that tebow game is garbage outside of the final play. That 09 packers/cards is absolutely hilarious all the way to the final play.

cdyhybrid

Fucking purity law nazis over here have mostly kept us away from such treats. All the stouts with vanilla I've had have been amazing.

I only had a Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA, mostly to get the Untappd badge for the occasion.

Not my image

It's from quite possibly the worst town on the face of the planet, but I guess even the worst shitholes can have some redeeming qualities.

Arc

Speaking of playoff winning quarterbacks, let's list QBs who Tim Tebow has won more playoff games than.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thanks for the advice on stuff to watch, really appreciated.

Regarding browns vs bears, I don't know why. It just hurts but I just fell in love. Feels like I am in an abusive relationship.

Well the most abusive poster here is a Packers fan so there's that!

MechDX

Former #Patriots and #Broncos (and #Dolphins) WR Wes Welker is visiting the Dolphins today. His first known visit--Twitter

BigAT

Super Bowls 42 and 43 were two of the most exciting ones ever and recent enough to be part of the HD era. I would definitely recommend watching both of those.

Top Bottom