• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Buckethead spotted alive and well!

VaTvuvC.jpg

MechDX

Let's play a guessing game:

How many prime time Games will your team have this season?

Texans I am guessing two:
1) Indy @ Houston. Obvious reasons
2) Pats @ Texans. Teacher vs student, Wilfork vs Pats, my guess is also SNF since they want Watt

Narag

2) Pats @ Texans. Teacher vs student, Wilfork vs Pats, my guess is also SNF since they want Watt

• @Broncos
  • @Packers
  • @NE

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Lions should have 3. We're a young, fun team to watch coming off of a playoff season.

At least two minimum. We'll have our usual Thanksgiving game and at least one Monday Night Game. If the NFL is smart this year they'll give the nation another Lions Sunday Night Game or Monday Night Game.

That being said one of those games will probably be against the Packers. Hopefully the NFL schedules our game in Green Bay earlier in the season so we can smight our 20+ year losing streak in Green Bay.

MRSA

Banned
Well they're different types of players and do different things, so it's more about the fit and what he can do for the team. Beasley is a better pass rusher, a 3-down player and instantly impacts the team year 1 and also gives Mack some help, so they both could potentially have big years.

I'm not even sure where Williams would play on the line and how many snaps he'd get per game. He's more of a run-stuffer, but we already have 2 fat asses in the middle to do that. If they put him at 5 tech, I don't think he'd have much of an impact for us year 1. If they put him at 3 tech, I think he'd have a somewhat better year, but I don't see him being that disruptive or explosive in the passing game and again he'd most likely be a rotational player.

Me personally, I think we could get someone like Grady Jarrett in the 3rd round to play 3 tech, he's more in the mold of Aaron Donald and will be extremely disruptive in the passing game.

As for him being better, "period" no one knows that right now and opinions are divided on Williams even being a top 5 player in this draft class.

Beasley is a tweener of an OLB/DE. He did put up stats unlike Fowler. I'm not convinced in any of the pass rushers in this class.

As for Williams, yes he is flat out a better prospect. He can play any DE or a 3 or 5 DT. He's pretty damn good at rushing up the middle which is always the best way to beat a QB, in his face and not outside. Antonio Smith was able to get pressure but he was only good for passing downs. Fucker couldn't shed a run block worth shit.

cdyhybrid

-@Green Bay, pretty obvious
-One of the games against Arizona, could make an argument for either home or away
-Either vs. DET or @DAL, matchup of 2014 playoff teams

squicken

I think they'll get more than two; they had a winning record and Watt is star they can promote around. Agree with you about those two games, and I'd guess @CAR as well

Well they're different types of players and do different things, so it's more about the fit and what he can do for the team. Beasley is a better pass rusher, a 3-down player and instantly impacts the team year 1 and also gives Mack some help, so they both could potentially have big years.

I'm not even sure where Williams would play on the line and how many snaps he'd get per game. He's more of a run-stuffer, but we already have 2 fat asses in the middle to do that. If they put him at 5 tech, I don't think he'd have much of an impact for us year 1. If they put him at 3 tech, I think he'd have a somewhat better year, but I don't see him being that disruptive or explosive in the passing game and again he'd most likely be a rotational player.

Me personally, I think we could get someone like Grady Jarrett in the 3rd round to play 3 tech, he's more in the mold of Aaron Donald and will be extremely disruptive in the passing game.

As for him being better, "period" no one knows that right now and opinions are divided on Williams even being a top 5 player in this draft class.

Exactly who's opinions are these?

RBH

NFL doctors when you lose weight where does it go?

Is it just burned off via our body? Or do we just swear it and the the excess comes out the back end?

Stop with the lame jokes RBH and drop some knowledge.

Hey!

My jokes aren't lame!

I won't tolerate this level of disrespect!

Our calculations show that the lungs are the primary excretory organ for fat. Losing weight requires unlocking the carbon stored in fat cells, thus reinforcing that often heard refrain of “eat less, move more.” We recommend these concepts be included in secondary school science curriculums and university biochemistry courses to correct widespread misconceptions about weight loss.
http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7257

cdyhybrid

Never played the SW battlefront series, but it sounds awesome.

Same here, but a friend I used to play COD and Battlefield with is trying to get the crew back together for Battlefront. I love Star Wars, so if the game looks good I might finally cave and get another current-gen console to sit next to my Wii U.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL schedule to be released next week

League spokesman Brian McCarthy tweeted Friday that the 2015 NFL schedule will be released next week. No day was given, but last year's schedule was unveiled on a Wednesday. A breakdown of home and away opponents for each team was released by the NFL in December.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486008/article/nfl-schedule-to-be-released-next-week

Can't wait to get my 11-5, 10-6 W-Ls predictions.

Some analyst (well known guy forget his name) on NFL Network had us taking Jay Ajayi (RB, Boise State). He'd be a "great checkdown option for Matthew Stafford".

They also had Melvin Gordon falling to the Ravens at #26. I really want to know what Martin Mayhew and the Lions brass thinks about Gordon. We've hosted Todd Gurley but not Melvin Gordon and I think that could be a smoke screen. If Gordon is at #23 we have to take him IMO and get some DL and OL depth in rounds 2,3 and 5.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Same here, but a friend I used to play COD and Battlefield with is trying to get the crew back together for Battlefront. I love Star Wars, so if the game looks good I might finally cave and get another current-gen console to sit next to my Wii U.

It's coming out on pc, right?

Ladies and gentlemen,

It is on this day, the 17th day of April, 2015, that I have tasted a flavor that is incomparable to all other experiences in my adult life. I am now drinking a Victory Dark Rye Saison that is the best beverage that has ever graced my lips. It has invoked every fond memory that has ever dwelled inside my mind and refined them into a single flavor. I have spent thousands of dollars chasing this particular flavor and have finally discovered it. I honestly can't believe I am drinking this at this moment.

Cordially,

AWF

Thursday night against Bucs or Saints
Sunday night at Seattle (to get flexed on)
Monday night against Indy maybe? First match-up of the 2011 and 2012 number one picks

Speaking of Bucket. Who is making the draft thread to go in the OT forum?

Everyone don't jump at once

We need to find a permanent stand-in for Bucket. Do the weeklies, pre-season, playoffs, Super Bowl, all that jazz. (DM can permanently have the Off-Season thread)

Syrinx

1. Road against Packers
2. Home against Steelers
3. Road against Dallas
4. Someone in our division

Also Mel Kiper is drunk as fuck if he thinks we're taking a 5-11 CB with our first pick.

Top Bottom