• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
We should do something like this but with Freeman or Stafford instead of Cookie Monster.

AsusFFd.jpg

a96RQkJ.jpg

msVhTps.jpg

n2MHvI8.jpg

8H9Gck5.jpg

31mQ7lt.jpg

pa2jXdH.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
To me the most relevant question is whether or not the Eagles are winning a Super Bowl with Sam fucking Bradford? If they're not, why not just keep Foles or use Sanchez or Barkley?

Do they honestly and truly believe he is their guy?

Commie scum

Sanjuro

To me the most relevant question is whether or not the Eagles are winning a Super Bowl with Sam fucking Bradford? If they're not, why not just keep Foles or use Sanchez or Barkley?

Because Chip has not long to live.

Or didn't want to turn the ball over because of his putrid defense.

My favorite part of this discussion is that people glowingly refer to Bradford's 2013 season....in which he was worse than Nick Foles.
If that was the case he could have run it and got 5 yards and OOB easy. I wish I could find the play...

Chip does, yes.

Enjoy this wild ride for the next year or two, it won't last much longer than that.

Konka

Banned

Commie scum

I'm sure Chip would rather have Mariota but that isn't going to happen. You could ask pretty much any team if they think their QB is "their guy" to win the SB but most teams don't get the luxury of going from a Favre to a Rodgers or a Manning to a Luck. Most teams in the current NFL have to try to make due with the slim pickings available at the position, it isn't a position to be envied.

eznark

Banned
Switching QB's gives him at least two more seasons. 2015 can be a "hey, new QB new system give it time!" year now. Chip is a genius career preservationist. If 2015 goes poorly I am willing to guarantee he takes a college job after the season.

Commie scum

I think the Eagles chances of winning a superbowl with Bradford are about the same as they were with Foles or Sanchez. Not very good. But I also am curious what Bradford could do with a somewhat capable team around him.

gutshot

Maybe? We don't know yet. Chip did know that Foles wasn't going to get them there, so why not make a change?

Of course, this could still all be a precursor to moving up for Mariota who we know Chip is convinced will win multiple SBs.

Switching QB's gives him at least two more seasons. 2015 can be a "hey, new QB new system give it time!" year now. Chip is a genius career preservationist. If 2015 goes poorly I am willing to guarantee he takes a college job after the season.

Bookmarked.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm sure Chip would rather have Mariota but that isn't going to happen. You could ask pretty much any team if they think their QB is "their guy" to win the SB but most teams don't get the luxury of going from a Favre to a Rodgers or a Manning to a Luck. Most teams in the current NFL have to try to make due with the slim pickings available at the position, it isn't a position to be envied.

I think the Eagles chances of winning a superbowl with Bradford are about the same as they were with Foles or Sanchez. Not very good. But I also am curious what Bradford could do with a somewhat capable team around him.

Maybe? We don't know yet. Chip did know that Foles wasn't going to get them there, so why not make a change?

Of course, this could still all be a precursor to moving up for Mariota who we know Chip is convinced will win multiple SBs.

Bookmarked.

Oh come on, no one is going to take the bait and go full :kas for Bradford?

As long as Tebow doesn't actually play any snaps, he's totally worth the money.

People actually have a reason to talk about the eagles now.

effzee

Isn't Sam Bradford getting paid $13 million? That is absurd...And than you have Sanchez making north of $3 million, and a 4th string QB in Tebow making way more than a 4th string unwanted QB should be making.

Bradford's salary is only that high cause of where he was picked and due to the last cba. Even then he only has a year left. If he really is the guy they will get him to sign an extension which will reduce his contact considerably on an annual basis.

I assume the Eagles are going to wait until after the draft to do so on the off chance they do somehow land Mariota.

Sanchez is making decent back up money but then again he is a really good back up to have. He stepped in and played just as well as Foles.

Tebow's reported #s are all incentive based and dependent on him even being on the final 53. He might just have been picked up to see what he can do while Bradford still recovers.

Yet Nick Foles is getting paid $1.5 million and is better than all of these guys....

No. I don't dislike Foles as much as Yankee but he had one great stretch against some terrible teams. His 2 INTS number is also misleading as a lot of INTS were dropped by defenses and Foles had fumbles which for some reason dont get brought up as turnovers.

He regressed a lot last season. Even accounting for injuries on the o line he was erratic, threw picks, has very questionable arm strength, and took terrible sacks just holding on to the ball forever. At this point he seems like a product of Chip's offense.

So we will see how he plays with the Rams when he doesn't have the same weapons, oline, and coach. Similarly if Bradford is healthy we will finally see how he looks with a real offensive coach/system/players.

Chip is banking on bringing out of Bradford what made him the #1 overall pick. We know the Oline, running game, coaching, and overall weapons will be far superior to anything he ever had in St. Louis.

You had LeSean McCoy already. They swapped 1 good RB for another, where is the benefit in this exactly?

And didn't they give Byron Maxwell $63 million? They got rid of Maclin due to money, or so that's what is suspected, yet he got paid less than Maxwell, and produced +1,300 yards. Nothing he has done has made this team better.

I love McCoy and would take him over Murray but McCoy did lead the league in negative or no gain plays. Whether he didn't trust the blocking or not he dances way too much at times and instead of following the blocking he tries to cut back. Instead of 2nd and 7 or 2nd 5, Eagles were constantly in 2nd and 15.

The hope here is combo of Sproles, Mathews, and Murray will be just as effective for the running game especially since none of these guys cut back all the time or dance too much in the backfield.

I agree I didn't want to pay money for Murray and would rather have drafted a RB in the 3rd round but at the very least running game hasn't gotten worse and potentially could be even better.

Maxwell was needed even if they clearly overpaid. Secondary was and has been horrendous. They probably are going to use their 1st and or 2nd round pick to draft corners. Also signed Walter Thurmond. To me that is money well spent.

Eagles wanted to retain Maclin and made him a great offer. KC just made an even better offer that was 1-2M more plus allowed him to play back at home.

Cap space hasn't been an issue with the Eagles. Been salary cap champs for over a decade. Moves might not work but some were really needed.

MechDX

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL · 24m24 minutes ago
NFL schedule release will be tomorrow: Tuesday, April 21. Live on @nflnetwork 7-10 pm ET.

Some team to release their schedule today on "accident" confirmed.

effzee

What's the minimum the Eagles have to accomplish for Chip to keep his job? I say the NFC Championship.

Why? Took over a 4-12 team and has had back to back 10-6 seasons with a terrible D and mediocre QBs.

Would have been in the playoffs last season too if not for the division winner guarantee spot rule.

effzee

Now we can stop talking about "HE'S GETTING PAID A LOT, HE'S STICKING AROUND"

Yup and just as irrelevant as bringing up what these QBS did in the past with other teams.

Sanchez looked much better with Chip. Foles went from a unheard of midround pick to Rams franchise QB.

I have faith if Bradford stays healthy he too can have a career turnaround.

bionic77

$6M but there's some signing bonus tied up in there. He might get a restructure and some cash up front, but the Steelers won't be giving him a new deal.
I wonder if this is just some typical PFT fantasy fiction.

You have to be a fucking moron to operate this way with the Steelers. They all know exactly how they do contracts. It is the same with everyone.

I hope it is not true.

MechDX

John Harris ‏@jharrisfootball · 5m5 minutes ago
Wilfork on Louis Nix III "I don't know what he needs...but get a chance to know him, that's what this time is about"

He needs Wilfork and Watt to give him a hard kick in the ass.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 11m11 minutes ago
Wilfork says Bill O’Brien’s best attribute is his knowledge. Says you can tell why people want to play for him. #Texans

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant · 9m9 minutes ago
Vince Wilfork says O'Brien is "very smart" yet fun coach to play for. Saw the same OB in today's team meeting as he recalled in NE. #Texans

Everybody loves BOB.

Top Bottom