• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

The "NFL-style" is the qualifier that jumps out in that tweet.

Is he saying it won't have the licenses or simply clarifying it from soccer?

Was wondering that myself. I'm not sure if I'd prefer them to have a licence or not. If they have a licence then it will sell more copies, if they don't have to pay for the licence then they don't need to sell as many copies in order to turn a profit.

I'll only buy it if it has an online franchise mode and I don't need an NFL licence to make Bread break his controller.

Chip was able to spin it to ownership that it was all Roseman's fault.

And Roseman was spinning it the other way. I don't really think it had anything to do with Marcus Smith. I think Chip went in and said "look, I won a lot of games with the guys you had here who were not my guys, now let me go and get my guys and see if we can win more games." Simple as that.

Fox318

And Roseman was spinning it the other way. I don't really think it had anything to do with Marcus Smith. I think Chip went in and said "look, I won a lot of games with the guys you had here who were not my guys, now let me go and get my guys and see if we can win more games." Simple as that.

Thats fine as long as your coach doesn't sign Tebow.

They already have 3 QBs?

Nobody needs 5 QBs?

They're seriously in danger of having more QBs than eligible receivers at a time which brings lots of deserved criticism?

Chip used 4QBs in camp last year, and kept 4QBs on the roster (3 + 1 PS) all year. If Bradford misses a few weeks of camp they would have 3QBs in camp (and I doubt he'll be ready for camp). Bringing on another QB means he can have 4QBs throwing at the beginning of camp, then you are free to cut one or do whatever the hell you like. Rumor has already been he's trying to trade Matt Barkley.

XZSfzei.jpg

Bengals already look defeated and it's not even the first week of January

gutshot

Chip likes to have 5 QBs on the roster heading into training camp so they can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwBWw8n_e4M

In his first year he signed Dennis Dixon to join Vick, Foles, Barkley, and GJ Kinne. Last year, they only had 4 QBs on the roster in training camp (Foles, Sanchez, Barkley, Kinne). Pat Shurmur's son filled in as the 5th QB during some of the drills. This year, they've signed Tebow to be that 5th QB.

This would literally not be a story at all if they had signed any one other than Tebow.

I mean, I don't disagree, but are there a ton of those around who will work for league minimum and know a spread offense? There could be for all I know. But acting like Chip is making Tebow the #1 QB before camp even starts is ridiculous.

I agree, but we are in the worst part of the off-season, we have to talk about something!

eznark

Banned
Bradford is useless (he's never been healthy and isn't that good even when he does play) and Manziel at least plays Chip's style.

Would you consider three months in rehab "healthy"

When healthy, Bradford has been slightly better than average. When healthy, Manziel has been slightly worse than every other quarterback in football.

ampere

Manziel and Bradford are both really unreliable for different reasons. The Bradford trade was a terrible idea to begin with

Foles is not that bad.

Gigglepoo

Would you consider three months in rehab "healthy"

I don't think Manziel has any chance to succeed in Cleveland. The organization is a mess from top to bottom, so I doubt he'll get the emotional or professional support he needs to mature.

Chip Kelly, if nothing else, is a human being with a brain. That's better than anything you'll find in Cleveland. I don't think Johnny is good enough to play QB in the NFL, but if anyone can put him in a position to succeed, it's Kelly. He's worth the risk.

Bradford is, at best, a middling quarterback with an extensive injury history. No amount of coaching and smoothies can heal brittle bones. Johnny is a headcase who could prosper elsewhere. Maybe. He could be your reverse Chris Carter!

Foles is not that bad.

Foles would be a great backup, but you're not winning anything with him at the helm unless the rest of the team is godlike. He was an upgrade for the Rams because he doesn't make any money, but it was smart for the Eagles to jettison him.

I just do not get wanting Bradford unless you think you can flip him.

eznark

Banned
I don't think Manziel has any chance to succeed in Cleveland. The organization is a mess from top to bottom, so I doubt he'll get the emotional or professional support he needs to mature.

Chip Kelly, if nothing else, is a human being with a brain. That's better than anything you'll find in Cleveland. I don't think Johnny is good enough to play QB in the NFL, but if anyone can put him in a position to succeed, it's Kelly. He's worth the risk.

Bradford is, at best, a middling quarterback with an extensive injury history. No amount of coaching and smoothies can heal brittle bones. Johnny is a headcase who could prosper elsewhere. Maybe. He could be your reverse Chris Carter!

What makes you think he is worth the risk though? That's what is confusing to me.

Gigglepoo

What makes you think he is worth the risk though? That's what is confusing to me.

Manziel? He was great in college. That's it. We know he can thrive on the biggest stage. I don't think he has the physical tools to be as good in the NFL, but I do think he has more upside than Bradford if, for no other reason, we don't know that he's a failure yet. And he's cheaper! What would you lose? The team was fine with Sanchez starting last year; spending $16 million on a QB doesn't make sense, and Johnny's stock is at an all-time low right now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jets Eagles Super bowl

Green vs Green

Hateful fanbase vs an even more hateful fanbase

Okay but we're trying to discuss realistic events here like Tebow being an NFL quarterback and not something crazy like the Jets going to the Super Bowl.

eznark

Banned
Manziel? He was great in college. That's it. We know he can thrive on the biggest stage. I don't think he has the physical tools to be as good in the NFL, but I do think he has more upside than Bradford if, for no other reason, we don't know that he's a failure yet. And he's cheaper! What would you lose? The team was fine with Sanchez starting last year; spending $16 million on a QB doesn't make sense, and Johnny's stock is at an all-time low right now.

Manziel's stock is at an all time low because people have seen him play professional football.

He's a terrible fit for Kelly's offense. He relies on his athleticism to extend plays, break down a defense and lob a shitty ball to a wide open receiver. It's yard ball. Kelly's offense is umtempo and precise. Quick reads, deliver the football, get on the ball and get the next play off. Manziel taking sacks, forcing receivers and linemen to participate in extended plays over and over for no gain and inability to pass with any hint of accuracy would be admittedly fun to watch crash and burn but awful for the Eagles. Bradford, at the very least, gets the ball out quickly. Generally because he is checking it down but still, get it to your playmakers!

Manziel got knocked out for the season on a pretty routine hit. Forget the mental issues, dude hasn't proven he can take the rigours of the NFL physical game.

gutshot

The Eagles did their homework on Manziel prior to the draft last year and had a chance to draft him but chose to trade out. And I'm guessing that some lackluster play and a stint in rehab hasn't improved their opinion of him. He's not coming to Philly.

Fox318

Yeah I'm not understanding people saying they'd like to have Manziel.

Dude is a coked up rich kid from Texas who was more concerned with building his brand and hanging out with Lebron James than being an NFL quarterback.

I'd take him over Geno Smith.

At least I can blame drugs for Manziel missing meetings with Geno I can't.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah I'm not understanding people saying they'd like to have Manziel.

Dude is a coked up rich kid from Texas who was more concerned with building his brand and hanging out with Lebron James than being an NFL quarterback.

They see he did good in the SEC so therefore he probably will be good in the nfl and or people just looking at college stats and getting a boner. I never really seen Manziel as someone that would be more a average qb eventually

Gigglepoo

Manziel's stock is at an all time low because people have seen him play professional football.

I can't argue with anything that you said. Manziel looked horrendous last year and, as Deacon pointed out, got hurt on a routine hit. Oh, and he just got out of rehab.

I'm just really down on Bradford. I'd rather roll with Sanchez and take a flier on Johnny than spend $16 million on that man. Like you said, at best, he'll successfully check down for short gains. Anyone can do that.

knicks

Bradford is lightyears better then Foles. It is silly to even compare them as QBs. Bradford's problem is injuries, but Foles has also been hurt a bunch so that is a wash. Also McCoy makes way more money then Murray, Murray is a much better fit for this offense as well. McCoy has so many negative plays, and that just kills this offense. Why would you compare Maclins salary to Maxwell's? That is insane. Eagles desperately need a CB, and Maxwell was the best available. They also offered Maclin 1 million less then the Chiefs, he wanted to go back home and play for Andy. Maclin also has a terrible injury history. It is funny that people say the Eagles shouldnt have signed Murry due to his injury history, but then they say they should have signed Maclin. People just want Chip, and the Eagles, to fail. So far the moves this offseason are looking good, and now we have god's favorite son on the team, there is no stopping the Eagles!

You're delusional. Sam Bradford isn't 'lightyears' ahread of Nick Foles. What the fuck are you even saying? Aren't Murray and McCoy both signed to 5 year/$40 million contracts?

The impact of a WR in todays game is far more significant than a CB, especially when comparing a WR who has over 1,300 yards to a CB whose name isn't Darelle Revis or Richard Sherman.

Chip is getting rightfully so critiqued. The Tebow news is just the nail in the coffin.

Top Bottom