• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Jarnet87

Were a week away from the Bucs drafting Jameis, my body is ready. We could see a possible week 2 matchup of Winston vs Mariota if the Titans take a QB 2nd. Week 12 Jameis travels to Indy to upstage Andrew Luck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Was playing around with the fanspeak mock draft http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

CDTfuBxVAAEnrgY.jpg:large

Would be one hell of a draft, but chances of it happening, I'd say are zero lol.

22: R1P22
CB MARCUS PETERS
WASHINGTON
56: R2P24
WR DEVIN SMITH
OHIO STATE
87: R3P23
RB AMEER ABDULLAH
NEBRASKA
121: R4P22
CB DORAN GRANT
OHIO STATE
160: R5P24
OLB MAX VALLES
VIRGINIA
199: R6P23
S JORDAN RICHARDS
STANFORD
212: R6P36
OT BOBBY HART
FLORIDA STATE
239: R7P22
DT LEON ORR
FLORIDA

Smith and Abdullah were just too good to pass up.

JABEE

Why couldn't they have taken you instead...

I bring loving charity to you all with Him by my side. Tebow will guide us to Mariota.

We will draft Mariota, and our captain, Tim Tebow will steer us spiritually to our goals of winning the Super Bowl and treating the game with respect.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
McShay: "Gurley is one ofmthe top 5 players in this draft."

Where was this 2 weeks ago?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Usual predraft smoke screens/hype that causes some players to jump in mock drafts and others to fall for various reasons.

Watching film even before his injury Gurley doesn't have the breakout speed that Melvin Gordon has. I'm wary or SEC first round RBs after Trent Richardson and Darren McFadden.

Most mock drafts have Melvin Gordon falling to the Ravens or Cowboys below #23. I don't think Mayhew and the front office pass up on Gordon if he's at #23.

Some musings from The Book of Matthew Stafford:

Matthew Stafford says he had a "great" wedding, "fun honeymoon." ... "Survived it, which was good."

Stafford said the skydiving was "a blast" and it was his wife, Kelly's, idea. Said Levy's wing-walking gave him cover to do whatever.

Stafford said he got a ton of wedding gifts from Lions fans, once his registry hit the media

Stafford on Eric Ebron: I think he's going to have a great year. ... During the offseason, he'll get to build some of that chemistry.

Stafford said he hasn't thrown with Ebron in Atlanta, as Joe Lombardi said last month. Said he'll get with CJ, Tate, Ebron & others in July

Stafford on whether he's concerned about depth at guard: "It's April. We're not playing a game tomorrow."

Stafford said he thought Travis Swanson was "great" in one game at center. Seems comfortable moving forward into post-Raiola era

Stafford said he's very comfortable in offense in year two and is expecting Lombardi to put more things in offense this year.

Stafford's draft wish list: Talented players, no matter what position they play.

On Social Media:

Stafford, on getting back on social media: "Yeah, that's not going to happen."

On Tim Tebow:

Stafford on Tim Tebow getting another shot: "He's an old rival, but I'm happy for him"

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/4/22/8463197/matthew-stafford-eric-ebron-honeymoon-more

I think it was PD or NihonTiger who mentioned that Joe Lombardi said Stafford was working out with Eric Ebron when that wasn't the case. That bothers the hell out of me.

jakncoke

Banned
Fuck it. Dont even know whats up !

round 1: Jalen Collins CB
round 2: Marcus Peters CB
round 3: Anthony Chickchilla DE
round 4: Donovan Smith OT
round 5: Jake Ryan OLB
round 6: Matt Jones RB
round 6: Blake Bell TE
round 7: Kyshoen Jarret S

Lets face the truth every single person in this thread is going to hell. None of you guys including myself is a good person.

#TruthfulThursday

Actually I lied only Seahawks fan are good people the rest of you are fucking fuckheads!

#DisrespectThursday

cajunator

Banned
Lets face the truth every single person in this thread is going to hell. None of you guys including myself is a good person.

#TruthfulThursday

Actually I lied only Seahawks fan are good people the rest of you are fucking fuckheads!

#DisrespectThursday

thats a pretty terrible thing to say about people.

#TruthfulThursday

#DisrespectThursday

I'm an atheist though, I'm just going to die and that's it! Suckers!

Pepiope

#TruthfulThursday

#DisrespectThursday
Tebow has brought the light to Eagle fans. We're good.

#TruthfulThursday

#DisrespectThursday

I agree. And I'm probably the biggest, most pathetic piece of shit around here.

Greg

#TruthfulThursday

#DisrespectThursday
speak for yourself, biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Happiest I've been with our schedule in years despite being considered the fifth most difficult. Four games that would have looked very tough last year suddenly easy wins after their respective losses or in some cases, implosions this off season (SF, PHI and NO) then we get the usual two games against the Rams and play the Browns this year :D Granted, I HATE playing the Rams because they injure our players so often. We have our bye right in the middle which is as perfect as can be most especially because it's right before playing SEA in their house though they unfortunately have the same bye. I believe we both start and end the season with 3 of four games being at home and the only game played in a cold region when it will actually be cold is Philly who will likely be starting the almighty Tebow after Bustford has been broken for 8 weeks at that point.

Honestly, the only games that look all that tough outside the usual SEA games (and I suppose Rams games though confident we'll win both times) are the Packers game and the Pitts game could be interesting. I suppose the Ravens too but I'm not too worried about them, especially playing here. We should get between 11 and 13 wins this season depending on health but really should be at least 12.

If we don't address the pass rush adequately in the draft, might have some regression on D and a rude awakening as we don't have the CB2 to compensate like last year with Cro's departure. Still, we've upgraded some spots on the front line for D and will have a healthy honey badger and Peterson right off the bat this time around (Peterson dealt with blood sugar issues last year but now has it under control) and we have massively upgraded run blocking, a top 3 weakness last year so we should have a VASTLY improved run game after our putrid rushing attack last year. We'll see how the draft goes but over all, things look promising for us in the now and future. If we manage to snag AP (doubtful) top contenders!

Go Cards!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Still see him going in the early/late teens. He wasn't going in the top ten.

Shane Ray has turf toe that doesn't require surgery...yet. Turf toe hurts to the point of not being able to walk and is a nagging injury. It's ended and/or sidelined many NFL stars. Huge red flag IMO.

Top Bottom