• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/242

Our predict the pick league for this year friends, the password is Gronkislife (with a capital G).

zAbhQEv.jpg

Credit to beloved NFL-GAF member and Giants Whore BigAT

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This thread is so slow now :(

I wouldn't be surprised if the banned make up half of the posts in here by either posting or people responding to those posts.

Hopefully the draft will cause things to pick up!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This thread is so slow now :(

I wouldn't be surprised if the banned make up half of the posts in here by either posting or people responding to those posts.

Hopefully the draft will cause things to pick up!

You know the draft will livening this place up.

We'll have fucking football talk for at least half a day before we go back to stupidity.

Let's be honest here, we've been spoiled. We've been in the middle of nowhere season/calendar-wise, yet this thread barely touches the 2nd page from time to time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I guess I don't always come here for hard hitting football analysis and I enjoy the chat room like atmosphere.

Besides, as a thread we're pretty good about discussing every little morsel of news that comes out. Been a while since I've seen 20 straight posts of Giants fans analyzing every little thing about their team though! Used to be that I knew too much about that team just through osmosis.

Sanjuro

You know the draft will livening this place up.

We'll have fucking football talk for at least half a day before we go back to stupidity.

The draft always feels creepier the longer it goes. Like those southern high school football teams, where gropey old uncles talk about the grit on this young boy.

The first day is fun though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The draft always feels creepier the longer it goes. Like those southern high school football teams, where gropey old uncles talk about the grit on this young boy.

The first day is fun though.

Let's face it, day three of the draft is a bunch of dudes no one has ever heard of or expects anything from. Yet people will still act like they're getting all great players.

JABEE

Eagles, Browns, Titans, Mariota

Eagles get Marcus Mariota

Browns get Sam Bradford and the 20th Pick

Titans get the 12th pick, 19th pick, and a 2016 First Round Pick from the Eagles

The Eagles keep their 2016 2nd Round Pick, because Bradford won't get a chance to start for the Eagles.

Bradford has yet to be approached about an extension by the Eagles.

Mariota Trade Summary

Philadelphia Eagles Perspective:

The Eagles Give Up Nick Foles, the 20th overall pick, a 2015 4th Round Pick, and a 2016 1st round pick

The Eagles Get Marcus Mariota and a 2015 5th Round Pick

gutshot

Eagles, Browns, Titans, Mariota

Eagles get Marcus Mariota

Browns get Sam Bradford and the 20th Pick

Titans get the 12th pick, 19th pick, and a 2016 First Round Pick from the Eagles

The Eagles keep their 2016 2nd Round Pick, because Bradford won't get a chance to start for the Eagles.

Bradford has yet to be approached about an extension by the Eagles.

Mariota Trade Summary

Philadelphia Eagles Perspective:

The Eagles Give Up Nick Foles, the 20th overall pick, a 2015 4th Round Pick, and a 2016 1st round pick

The Eagles Get Marcus Mariota and a 2015 5th Round Pick

I'd be all over that but I don't see the Titans going for it. Trade the no. 2 overall pick for one mid-round first and two late-round firsts? Seems like they could get a lot more value from some other team.

JABEE

I'd be all over that but I don't see the Titans going for it. Trade the no. 2 overall pick for one mid-round first and two late-round firsts? Seems like they could get a lot more value from some other team.

Two first round picks this season is pretty valuable. The Eagles may need to add someone like Kendricks or another pick this year. I would hate to do it.

If the Browns would actually trade the 12th and 19th pick for Bradford and our 1st, I may even think about ignoring Mariota and just doing that trade.

Striker

Two first round picks this season is pretty valuable. The Eagles may need to add someone like Kendricks or another pick this year. I would hate to do it.

If the Browns would actually trade the 12th and 19th pick for Bradford and our 1st, I may even think about ignoring Mariota and just doing that trade.
The draft class isn't all that great so it isn't an entirely great deal for Tennessee. They would still be without a QB (unless Mettenberger explodes). They're better off acquiring Rivers and gaining more picks in the process - SD has a hill to climb in order to trade up for Mariota and a potential deal there is more intriguing than anything else I've read so far.

Giants had Chris Snee help evaluate some OL in the draft. He apparently didn't study La'el Collins at all. There's been talk the Giants top three OL are Scherff, Flowers, and then Peat. I'm not thrilled on any of the OL in this class, especially at #9. The GAF mock had the Giants picking Danny Shelton and while I don't think they'll do it, he has more value than any OL at that spot.

For Eagles gaf, making all these trades involving Browns and Bradford. I'm hearing the Browns would want more then just bradford.

Not saying some kind of a crazy deal like this will happen, but just saying Browns would want more.

In these trade scenarios every team is getting lots of help, except the Browns get Injury prone Bradford on a 1 year deal ....

JABEE

For Eagles gaf, making all these trades involving Browns and Bradford. I'm hearing the Browns would want more then just bradford.

Not saying some kind of a crazy deal like this will happen, but just saying Browns would want more.
We'll take Money Manziel off your hands. Tebow will turn him into an upstanding citizen.

I'm just ready for the draft so we can stop all these random trade scenarios.

And so Eagles gaf realizes Sam Bradford is your boy this year..

squicken

I gave up on Mariota long ago. I am interested if Chip can work the same magic he did on Sanchez with Bradford. Except with Bradford there is a ton more potential.

I think Chip lost a lot of faith in Sanchez with the year end losing to the better teams. He knows he needs to be better there, and knows he has to take risks to do it. Whatever he does, I like that he isn't bound by convention. NFL teams are too risk adverse imo, relative to the wheeling and dealing done in baseball and basketball

Since United shit the bed, I guess I now have to root for Arsenal and City to drop as many points as possible on the run-in.

Go...Chelsea. Fuck (throws up in mouth)

EDIT: NFL translation for yall: Because the Panthers suck and lose, I have to root for the Saints to lose as many games as possible for us to get to the playoffs.

Go...Patriots. Fuck (throws up in mouth)

MechDX

If anyone here is on Twitter and wants some serious draft discussion Jayson Braddock is doing position by position breakdown today on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock

He makes some "out there predictions" but he also makes some good ones and doesn't back down or flip flop from his positions.

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin · 36s37 seconds ago
Source: Multiple teams have reached out to the #Bucs recently, inquiring into what it would take to get the #1 pick (cc: @JMcIntyreShow).

Damn I love this time of year!

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin · 2m2 minutes ago
Though the #Bucs have clearly been listening, no proposal has been strong enough for the team to seriously consider.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 28s28 seconds ago
I realize that the world is saying differently but Brett Hundley will be a better pro than Marcus Mariota. Neither close to Winston.

lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock · 33s 33 seconds ago
Brett Hundley is a better Alex Smith with more upside. The narrative is he takes to long thru progressions. Actually, managed passes.

BG is the QB whisperer, what say you?

So excited for Mario Maker when it comes out but at the same time I hope it doesn't kill all the amazing Mario Hacks made out there cause those are awesome as well

Top Bottom