• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

That's a great gif for BG to express his feelings of disrespect

Now it's perfect.
QfVZukX.gif

effzee

Two first round picks this season is pretty valuable. The Eagles may need to add someone like Kendricks or another pick this year. I would hate to do it.

If the Browns would actually trade the 12th and 19th pick for Bradford and our 1st, I may even think about ignoring Mariota and just doing that trade.

Who would be our starting QB? Sanchez?

He didn't ruin Sanchez, he did that to himself. As a back-up QB, he shouldn't bad mouth his teammate.

He didn't ruin Sanchez, but the Jets and the circle that was that the Rex Ryan show never developed him. Just one year with Chip and Sanchez improved his completion % by 10 points.

And he didn't bad mouth his teammate. Here is the full quote :

"He's obviously a great guy, he works hard. And we needed another guy to throw while Sam's [Bradford] still recovering," Sanchez said after taking batting practice at Citizens Bank Park with several of his teammates Friday. "So that's the reason [for the signing], at least as explained to me. We're excited about the upcoming year and I think we have a great group."

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/mark-sanchez-tim-tebow-just-another-camp-arm

Basically what everyone already assumed and understood. Compliments him too. BTW team needs and will need Sanchez far more than Tebow.

"This offense is not the same offense Chip ran at Oregon, and he is not going against college players in the NFL. MM may not have any success as our QB, it's not a given. We both saw what happened with Huff when he assumed the offense was similar, it's not. [/quote]

This comparison makes no sense. Huff even at Oregon wasn't their #1 guy nor a superstar WR prospect. In fact Eagles too him earlier then most people had him pegged. That he struggled is no shock to anyone.

The offense isn't the same with the Eagles true but only because Chip hasn't had a QB with the skill set he had with Oregon. We only saw glimpse of the full playbook when we had VIck. But he couldn't stay healthy plus his age/salary made him expendable. Foles and Sanchez have zero mobility so of course half the playbook had to be scrapped. It wouldn't be with MM.

MM is not a franchise QB. If this guy was Luck then it makes sense to offer him the entire defense, but he's not.

You are delusional. MM is not a franchise QB cause why? And Bradford is? Luck is once every 10-15 years QB. You want the Eagles to wait for that player to emerge again and then be in position to acquire him?

MM might not be the sure think Luck is, but for Chip and the offense he runs, he is as close to a sure thing as you can get.

More than anything Chip wants a QB who makes quick accurate decisions, uptempo offense, and a power running game. MM ran just that with perfection plus he offers the ability to take off on his own. It isn't like we are talking about a QB with mobility skills who might fit into this system. MM already has and mastered it. Of course there would be an adjustment but no more so than any other rookie QB.

MM for Tenn might be too much of a risk. Same for all other teams except for the Eagles. I don't get how you fail to see this. Chip has compared him to Manning and if he truly believes in him like that than moving Cox makes absolute sense to get him. You can acquire a good-great DT/DE every year every draft. That's not true for a QB. A franchise QB can set your team up for 10-15 years. A star DT/DE anchors a Dline but isn't as valuable as a QB.

He's an unknown, and yes, our best defensive player is not worth giving up for some QB who may not even be better than the injured incumbent we have.

We have proven, stud young defensive players already on the team, trading them for a crapshoot in the draft doesn't offset what we're going to lose.

Love how you are downplaying MM as he might not be better than Bradford. Well no shit we never know for sure 100% about any rookie. You still have to take the risk for a franchise QB. Bradford can't stay healthy and lacks one skill set which MM has and used in Chip's system to make it even better.

And even with all that said...I still don't see Chip moving up. No not because I think MM is some crapshoot or not worth it, but because I don't even the proposed trades are enough to move up enough. 20 to 2 will require all those players plus even more picks if Tenn is smart and that will be way too much for Chip to give up. I am more than 95% sure Bradford is our QB and week 1 starter. Only hope is that he remains healthy and if he does, he won't be any worse than Foles/Sanchez who we won with already.

Basically our upcoming season is going to depend on Bradford remaining healthy and playing slightly better than Foles/Sanchez plus the makeover on the defense (with the draft still to come) playing off enough to improve 2-3 games.

effzee

Yeah dude. Trade Bradford for pick 19, use it to nab Hundley, use pick 20 for Byron Jones and then their 2nd round pick for the best available OL or WR

LOL WHAT?

If somehow they got the #19 and #20 pick and for some odd reason weren't interested in MM, they could still wait to get Hundley at pick #52.

Then in that scenario you use #19 and #20 to get the best available CB, WR, or OL.

JABEE

LOL WHAT?

If somehow they got the #19 and #20 pick and for some odd reason weren't interested in MM, they could still wait to get Hundley at pick #52.

Then in that scenario you use #19 and #20 to get the best available CB, WR, or OL.

Yeah. I don't want Hundley unless you get him in the third round or beyond.

Also, I would trade Bradford and a 1st for the 12th and 19th pick. I'm not completely sold on Bradford, but I know with those two picks the Eagles could have a chance at a really good pass rusher and receiver. If our QB is going to be crappy/injured, we might as well build up the players around that crappy player. That would be great value for one year of Bradford. It would also mean holding onto next year's second round pick.

JABEE

Even Sam Bradford seems to think the Eagles have a chance at Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.

With trade rumors flying as the 2015 NFL Draft inches closer, a report from Jason Cole of Bleacher Report states that Bradford believes there is a chance he could be moved during the draft.

Bradford doesn't know where he's going to be. Yes, he believes the Eagles are going to keep him at this point in time, trust them, but only so far because the [2015 NFL Draft] has not played out. So he believes there is still a possibility that he could be traded somewhere else. And if that's the case, he wants to wait to see whether that's a team he ultimately wants to stay with long-term.

Bradford's lack of certainty about his future is apparently why he has yet to sign an extension with the team — that and the Eagles aren't knocking down his door to do so.

Per Cole:
In talking to sources around the league and close to Bradford, basically what's happened is Bradford is not willing to accept a substandard deal based on the injuries that he's suffered the past two years and have kept him off the field.
So what does this all mean?

Bradford thinking he might get traded, and the fact that he hasn't signed an extension with the team, only adds more fuel to the fire that the Eagles do infact intend on trading him.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/2015_nfl_draft_rumors_sam_bradford_thinks_the_eagl.html

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/710531-jason-cole-bradford-thinks-he-will-be-traded/

NFL Update ‏@MySportsUpdate 10m10 minutes ago

Raiders & Browns have discussed a trade which sends the 4th pick to CLE in exchange for the 12th & 19th pick. More pieces would be involved.

No idea who NFLUpdate is, but make it happen Browns.

MechDX

She must remind him of his daughter.
Among those popular, powerful people in attendance were Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and New England Patriots, and the hilarious part — not pictured here — is that they were sitting at the same table apparently

Bill got to Russell! the fix is in! Also Frank Kaminsky is creeping in the pic as well. Only one conclusion:

Russell threw the Superbowl
Wont sign a new contract with Seattle
Signs as a free agent with the Pats
Draft Frank the Tank as a TE

Diabolical!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Saw the "disrespect alert" but I just now caught the Johnny Rehab poster on the wall. jnc

Needs Kave head somewhere in there though

Kave should be driving the ambulance

Speaking from experience here?

Good sir, I am not, nor have I ever been, a Steelers fan. That is an avatar of the great Reggie White of the Green Bay Packers.

I'm speaking from jakncoke's experience.

From Today to Saturday this gonna be a crazy week for sports, NBA and NHL playoffs on going, NFL draft, THE FIGHT, Kentucky Derby, plus Avengers, this week gonna seems like it's crawling to the finishing line..

Top Bottom