• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Malalaw

I hate it. I have 26 drivers to keep busy and nobody is buying fuel because of the weather.
today was much nicer so maybe they did.

I went visit my parents and now I'm relaxing before I go to my work meeting where I listen to our führer speak all sorts of bullshit.

American is the best language though

NpFmFM0.jpg

I thought about doing one for marvel films but there is a lot of crap to wade through

I literally have never touched a comic book before in my life nor did I know anything about all those universes they portray on the big screen. Just thought they were lame in general.

Did the same thing, caught up with almost all the MCU movies and had a fun experience.

LOL WHAT?

If somehow they got the #19 and #20 pick and for some odd reason weren't interested in MM, they could still wait to get Hundley at pick #52.

Then in that scenario you use #19 and #20 to get the best available CB, WR, or OL.

I think Hundley may go in the early second round, 40-45ish. There are a lot of QB needy teams that might take a shot on him, and a lot of people have been talking him up. I'd rather trade pick 19 back and use it to get Hundley early in the second if they are not going to get Mariota.

I literally have never touched a comic book before in my life nor did I know anything about all those universes they portray on the big screen. Just thought they were lame in general.

Did the same thing, caught up with almost all the MCU movies and had a fun experience.

I not big on comics, read mostly X-Men, I'm not super picky when it comes the movies either but most of the mcu movies are kinda boring (cap1, thor 1 and 2) and after the first watch I don't really feel like watching them again

I not big on comics, read mostly X-Men, I'm not super picky when it comes the movies either but most of the mcu movies are kinda boring (cap1, thor 1 and 2) and after the first watch I don't really feel like watching them again

I really enjoyed the X-Men movies except for the 3rd one obviously. I'm still not gonna touch a comic book in my life, but I do now understand why people enjoy reading them and that's basically because of all the movies Marvel has brought out lately.

Offer her some Chicken Fries, if that doesn't get her attention start rubbing her belly without her consent.

Hmmm I'll try this

give her a hug

That might get awkward

Creeper pics.

That might be mission impossible

ask if she would like to come over for wine coolers and clam chowder. a more classic and d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s combination there isn't!

I'll leave this as last resort

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mike Mayock on the Detroit Lions Draft:

With the Lions at 23, how do you see them in this draft shaking out?

MAYOCK: When you're sitting there with 23, and I think what they really need is either "D" line or "O" line, and you could throw corner in there also, with (Rashean) Mathis being 34 years old, but I think when you're at 23, you've got to let the board come to you a little bit and see what's available.

Where do you have the highest rated defensive tackle at that point? Is it Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman, who is still on the board at 23 when it's your turn versus who are the offensive tackles on that board? LaAdrian Waddle, he's coming off the ACL in January.

I don't even know who really is going to play left guard or (if) they trust in Travis Swanson, their third round pick. So they need some bodies up front on offense. And I think you've got to play the board, who is available at that particular point and how do you value that guy.

I already mentioned a couple of defensive tackles that may or may not be -- Malcom Brown, Eddie Goldman, you could throw Jordan Phillips in there. All three of them are all in that range.

And at offensive tackle, if you're looking at a right tackle that could also potentially play guard, which I would think would make a lot of sense in Detroit, I think you're looking at La'el Collins who will probably be gone and a guy like Ereck Flowers.

If Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley are still there, would you go that route, or would you still stick with the offensive/defensive line thinking?

MAYOCK: I've got running back as a significant need (for Detroit). And (Gordon and Gurley) are game changers. But you've got to kind of balance what kind of team you want to be. You look at (Detroit) and they were I think 28th or 29th in the league last year in run game. And they throw the ball a lot and they throw it well. Are they going to change their balance to accommodate that guy or not? I love those two tailbacks. But it really comes down to that same evaluation.

If one of those guys are there, you've got to decide up front. If one of those guys are there, you're taking them. If not, you're going the other direction. To be honest with you, they're difference makers. One of those guys would be really hard for me to pass up.

Then the other question was Todd Gurley, and that's an interesting question.

I mean Melvin Gordon's my No. 1 back, not just because of the ACL. But I believe in Melvin Gordon.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...e-Mayock/7f66cad6-fe1e-4636-bd32-4ff442152890

One thing a Lions fan brought up on another forum is how great of a run stuffer Haloti Ngata is but he generally doesn't play on 3rd downs which will hurt our pass rush. Despite that I think Coach Austin will use some creative blitzes with our great Linebacking core.

I don't think we can pass up Gordon at #23. Get him and then add depth on the DL and OL in the later rounds.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When it comes to sports I'm not allowed to be happy.

It is known.

You must act as a warning symbol for anyone wanting to root for your teams. Just because you've thrown your life away doesn't mean you can't help others life a long and happy life!

Top Bottom