• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

ampere

How big will the meltdown be when Eagles-GAF finally comes to terms with not getting Mariota and having to enter the season with Sam Bradford as their starting QB?

And then the meltdown when Sam tears his ACL in the pre-season and Mark Sanchez is their starting QB again?

cdyhybrid

Draft thread will be up in around an hour.

FcwriGb.gif

And then the meltdown when Sam tears his ACL in the pre-season and Mark Sanchez is their starting QB again?

Poor Eagles-Age.

Who do you think will be the top 10 pick that throws the whole draft off?

Probably whatever the Jets do.

gutshot

How big will the meltdown be when Eagles-GAF finally comes to terms with not getting Mariota and having to enter the season with Sam Bradford as their starting QB?

I think I'm the only Mariota-stan here. The rest of Eagles-GAF seems pretty content to go into the season with Bradford as QB if need be. They are all crazy IMO.

#MariotaOrBust

I think I'm the only Mariota-stan here. The rest of Eagles-GAF seems pretty content to go into the season with Bradford as QB if need be. They are all crazy IMO.

#MariotaOrBust

I want Bradford to be the QB this year. I am very excited to see what he can do in Chip's system.

effzee

First you have to tell me who you are referring to when you say this. Most of Eagles-Gaf is pretty against the trade up especially due to the players/assets mentioned.

Personally while I want MM and would be ok with giving up a ton, I just don’t think the Eagles will. Bradford to me was always plan b when they realized they would have to give up way too much. I am certain he will be the opening game starter.

I’m less worried about Bradford or Sanchez starting than I am about the D improving and in particular the secondary. The biggest reason the past two years, and even further back with Reid, the team has been garbage has been the play of the secondary. If adding Maxwell, Thurmond, and hopefully a top CB/S prospect improves the secondary enough, the team might be 2-3 games better overall no matter who is at QB.

That’s why adding a Byron Jones, Eric Rowe, or some of the top CB/S hybrids intrigues me a ton. It’s also where I see them focusing most in rounds 1-3.

Foles/Sanchez played about the same last year. They were serviceable, at times great, but overall just average to good. But the system allowed them to still move the ball and score a lot. If Bradford is healthy he should be an improvement over both of them. At worst he will play at their level which we know the team can win with. If he gets hurt then Sanchez is probably the best back up QB a team can have.

Tom Penny

Baseball hasnt been the same since they tried to ban juice. I dont think there will be a year as exciting when Sosa and Mcguire were battling everyday for hr title which also makes Pedros run of dominating all those cheaters more impressive.

cdyhybrid

First you have to tell me who you are referring to when you say this. Most of Eagles-Gaf is pretty against the trade up especially due to the players/assets mentioned.

Personally while I want MM and would be ok with giving up a ton, I just don’t think the Eagles will. Bradford to me was always plan b when they realized they would have to give up way too much. I am certain he will be the opening game starter.

I’m less worried about Bradford or Sanchez starting than I am about the D improving and in particular the secondary. The biggest reason the past two years, and even further back with Reid, the team has been garbage has been the play of the secondary. If adding Maxwell, Thurmond, and hopefully a top CB/S prospect improves the secondary enough, the team might be 2-3 games better overall no matter who is at QB.

That’s why adding a Byron Jones, Eric Rowe, or some of the top CB/S hybrids intrigues me a ton. It’s also where I see them focusing most in rounds 1-3.

Foles/Sanchez played about the same last year. They were serviceable, at times great, but overall just average to good. But the system allowed them to still move the ball and score a lot. If Bradford is healthy he should be an improvement over both of them. At worst he will play at their level which we know the team can win with. If he gets hurt then Sanchez is probably the best back up QB a team can have.

I feel like Eagles-GAF is severely underestimating how bad Sam Bradford is.

smh at all of you forgetting who else the Eagles have at QB

Chip is racist and won't start Him.

I really don't think the trade for Mariota is going to happen. Media and fans keep spouting the WILDCARD Chip nonsense for clicks and to keep false hope alive. If anything the whole wildcard big balls Chip talk only further convinces me that we WON'T get Mariota -- Chip always does the opposite of what's expected. Plus he has repeatedly said they wouldn't mortgage the future of the team for one player, and I believe him.

On top of that, even if it was Chip's plan to move up in the draft I don't think you trade away guys like Foles and Shady, who were clearly expendable from Chip's POV, without acquiring ammo to move up. The team did its due diligence on Bradford and gave up resources to acquire him. He's the guy moving forward. The media just can't bear the thought of giving up on those ridiculous "All Hope Is Not Lost for Mariota to Eagles" headlines. I just hope all this nonsense ends with the draft.

Cam Newton reaffirmed his commitment to the Panthers for the long term today.

Meaning he's definitely jumping at that $250 million contract from Jerruh at first opportunity :(

effzee

Plus I can see them drafting Petty, especially if he is available in the 3rd-4th round.

Play Bradford for a season see how it goes. If he is terrible let him walk and start Petty in year 2.

jakncoke

Banned
I really don't think the trade for Mariota is going to happen. Media and fans keep spouting the WILDCARD Chip nonsense for clicks and to keep false hope alive. If anything the whole wildcard big balls Chip talk only further convinces me that we WON'T get Mariota -- Chip always does the opposite of what's expected. Plus he has repeatedly said they wouldn't mortgage the future of the team for one player, and I believe him.

On top of that, even if it was Chip's plan to move up in the draft I don't think you trade away guys like Foles and Shady, who were clearly expendable from Chip's POV, without acquiring ammo to move up. The team did its due diligence on Bradford and gave up resources to acquire him. He's the guy moving forward. The media just can't bear the thought of giving up on those ridiculous "All Hope Is Not Lost for Mariota to Eagles" headlines. I just hope all this nonsense ends with the draft.

woah new eagles that has actually been here like 6 years. dat .16 posts per day average

Malalaw

F1EdyYPSqDlu0.gif

For when Rog is about to announce the Titans have traded down.

The draft thread is going to be such a great time. Glad I'm off for it.

squicken

It's hard to recall a better day of weather this late into spring than what we are having today in Houston. I'm skipping work tomorrow for golf and disrespect the Browns Thursday

I've literally said we would be interested in Mariota since the very first offseason thread. The Browns don't want to give up picks, but if the price is right they'll make a trade. I won't pretend like it'll be the worst thing to happen.

The Titans report early just seemed like them trying to up interest in the #2 pick. Personally don't think it would cost as much as others think. Not saying it's definitely gonna happen though

If he hits that 4-6 range I think talks will get serious

I gotta go now, and continue making shit maps in my GIS class.

Furyous

Farmer has to do the right thing and trade to get the second pick in the draft. Bring us the Mariota. I'll drive Johnny to the airport my damn self if it means getting Marcus. The Jets will draft Mariota if he falls to them anyway so Farmer needs to put in work. Please pass on Jameis Tampa Bay.

I can't fucking wait until the draft starts.

Farmer has to do the right thing and trade to get the second pick in the draft. Bring us the Mariota. I'll drive Johnny to the airport my damn self if it means getting Marcus. The Jets will draft Mariota if he falls to them anyway so Farmer needs to put in work. Please pass on Jameis Tampa Bay.

Yo, what the fuck. Fuck MM

Jarnet87

Lovie Smith and Jason Licht shouldn't bother returning to Tampa if they don't return with Winston or Mariota. If they take Leonard Williams or trade down I'm done. If we trade down and then try to make it up by drafting one of these late round QBs I'll drive to Tampa and knee cap Lovie myself.

Not that Stevie Brown was anything special - he wasn't. However coming off of an ACL tear, I would have liked for the Giants to resign him. To at least have a veteran presence there.

The safety position has to be the biggest question mark on the team right now. It's going to be interesting to see what direction Reese goes with it. Frankly, as much of a question mark as it is, its not like we were getting amazing production out of the position last season either. (how much of that was Fewell? How much of it was the players?)

Top Bottom