• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

I think the assumption is that there are two types of boards for each team - one that ranks "best players in the draft" and one that ranks "players we actually want". On the former board (which is presumably similar among most teams), they see #17-32 as roughly the same caliber of player as #33-64.

Or something like that :p

Or maybe they just think the first 16 guys to go will be those 16 first-round graded guys.

That's what I thought, Clayton's statement is off. It would all depend on how their board compares to the actual selections in first half of the 1st round to really say if at 19 or 20 they would necessarily be taking a player they have graded as a second rounder.

gutshot

That's what I thought, Clayton's statement is off. It would all depend on how their board compares to the actual selections in first half of the 1st round to really say if at 19 or 20 they would necessarily be taking a player they have graded as a second rounder.

I think it is a safe assumption given the widespread feeling around the league that there are only about 15 blue-chip prospects in this draft.

cdyhybrid

Yeah. NFL teams are notoriously risk-averse though, so even the possibility of those players all being gone might scare them off.

MechDX

Doing some research on Nelson Algohor and I keep seeing him mocked to the Texans at 16.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/nelson-agholor?id=2552600

Strengths Runs a good route and competes hard on every snap. Able to drive defender into a poor leverage position. Bouncy, quick feet for burst out of breaks. Adequate separation quickness and twitch. Understands his position. Will improvise to get open for scrambling quarterback. Highly instinctive in space with consistent feel for working his way to open spaces as a presentable, ready target. Almost always works his way back to the throw when needed. Natural hands. Has snatch-and-run readiness after the catch with initial quickness to make things happen. Tracks the ball over his shoulder and careful not to crowd himself against the boundary. Dominated the competition over second half of the year. Dangerous punt returner.

Weaknesses Quicker than fast. Has some straight-line to him with just average fluidity through hips. Unable to blow by cornerbacks and create separation over the top. Play strength is below average. Had issues shaking Oregon State CB Steven Nelson. Will get stuck in low gear from time to time by long, press corners with strength. Lean frame. Worked well from bunch formations and might rely on pre-snap movement to free himself, depending on matchup. Will have to prove he can work inside and take punishing shots from NFL defenders. Willing blocker but lacks the core strength to be consistently effective at it.

The bolded is what will endear him to O'Brien. I am now on the Algohor train! CHOO CHOO!!

gutshot

You think all 32 teams are in agreement about the top 15 players in the draft? Come on...

Total agreement? No. Are the lists similar enough that a team might not want to take a chance that picking a few picks outside of the top 16 would mean not getting a first round graded prospect? Yeah, certainly.

eznark

Banned
Baseball is dead

CDxyvXbW0AABTtp.jpg:large

MechDX

Bears entertaining trade offers for Pro Bowl TE Martellus Bennett, per league sources. Bennett wants a new contract in Chicago or anywhere.--Schefter

gutshot

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13
Teams with picks 2-5 all trying to trade back. Could make things very interesting.

This draft is gonna be crazy.

MechDX

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13
Teams with picks 2-5 all trying to trade back. Could make things very interesting.

This draft is gonna be crazy.

Makes teams that want to trade up buyer friendly. But again everything said today and tomorrow needs to be taken with an entire salt mine

jakncoke

Banned
I bet the draft ends up being pretty straight forward. I cant wait for it to be over with though. Im tired of these endless nonsensical rumors and smoke screens

MechDX

Lee K. Howard ‏@HowardWKYT · 7m7 minutes ago
Bud Dupree says he met with the Falcons, Texans, Colts, Cowboys, Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers and others. Many teams interested.

Everybody wants some Bud

gutshot

Sounds like the Chargers won't be trading Philip Rivers. That is really good news for Chip as I felt like the only offer he wouldn't have been able to beat was one with Rivers. At this point, I'm guessing there is an 80% chance the Eagles land Mariota.

cdyhybrid

How big will the meltdown be when Eagles-GAF finally comes to terms with not getting Mariota and having to enter the season with Sam Bradford as their starting QB?

Top Bottom