• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Colasante

Random fact that occurred to me after reading profiles on Malcom Brown: both Brown and Dominique Easley have said that they've never watched an NFL game and that they prefer watching cartoons in their free time. I guess that's the new scouting parameter for Bill's first round picks?

MechDX

http://www.wthr.com/story/28949215/kravitz-colts-first-rounder-makes-no-sense-none

I hate it. Hate it with a fiery hot passion. The board spoke to the Colts' brain trust. Well, somebody needs to tell the board to shut the heck up.

For a team that claims to be "all in," for a team that desperately wants to close the gap on the New England Patriots, for a team that has T.Y. Hilton, Andre Johnson, Donte Moncrief and Duron Carter, well, this is beyond shocking and utterly perplexing. How, exactly, does this make them more competitive with the Patriots? How does this bolster their running game, which did nothing against the Patriots? How does this help stop the run, which was awful in two games against the Patriots? How does this help them slow down elite passing attacks, guys like Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger and others, who had their way with the Colts last year?

"We have eight more picks," general manager Ryan Grigson said.

Seriously, is that a promise or a threat?
The Patriots ran for 657 yards in the last three games against the Colts. Six-fifty-seven! Did I mention that Goldman was there? That Brown, who naturally went to the Patriots, was there? How about Collins?

What do they take next? A quarterback? A punter?

If I'm in the Patriots "war room" – they forgot to invite me this year – I'm rolling on the ground in hysterics.

Awesome. I chuckled

Spinluck

I guess it's worth mentioning even though our organization is ran by liars, but the Dorsett pick wasn't at all out of fear of losing TY to contract issues next season (although his new agent won't make things easy). They probably did just take the best player available. This draft class doesn't seem all that.

Random fact that occurred to me after reading profiles on Malcom Brown: both Brown and Dominique Easley have said that they've never watched an NFL game and that they prefer watching cartoons in their free time. I guess that's the new scouting parameter for Bill's first round picks?

That's kind of funny. Lol.

We should've taken that DT :'(

MechDX

Rando is in banned status. Looking at his post history I don't see anything remotely close to bannable. ban request maybe? he have tests at school coming up?

Spinluck

The plan is to hope we don't play the Pats in the playoffs IF we make it there, duh.

Are you really trying to say GMs aren't supposed to look that far ahead and build to beat a team!? Why care when your QB will just cover up your shoddy decisions like he's been doing since he's got here!

It's a dumb pick if we're looking at our more obvious needs, but if their reasoning is taking the best player at the time because they weren't liking anyone else available at the positions of need this spot in the draft. Then whatever. Dorsett was projected higher and this is the same GM that picked Werner in the 1st and he hasn't made much of an impact outside of being an edge setter.

Like I said, I honestly think him and Pagano are basura at evaluating defensive talent. I'm not gonna defend it, but I would rather them play it safe than draft another defensive player that is extremely slow to develop or has little to no impact at all.

ampere

Malcom likes Dragonball Z and trains at 10x gravity in his spare time. He's too good to pass up.

The only thing that will assuage my anger at the Rams pick is going to be seeing Eagles fans trick themselves into believing Bradford might be good.

Dude garbage fucking Foles put up numbers in this offense, Bradford is going to do even better if he can stay healthy. The Eagles lead the league in negative rushing plays last year which lead to a bunch of second and third and longs. That will not be the case this year. I really expect Bradford to put up big numbers, and Foles is going to be terrible for the Rams. I cant wait to watch him fall flat on his face in St. Louis.

JABEE

It would have been fun to get Mariota, but I didn't want to give up Cox.

I just wish the Eagles didn't give up a 2nd in 2016 for Bradford

MechDX

Anyone ever hash tag Twitter search your team? The comments go beyond stupid

I wasn't a fan of Jack Skellington at CB the Texans selected but I can understand it . But some of the comments I read.....wow.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looked through the first few pages and there were like 3 people banned.

The first page alone (assuming 100ppp) had 4 different guys banned. 2 more if you go another page or so. Pretty sure I saw a few other names banned in the last few pages.

I wasn't a fan of Jack Skellington at CB the Texans selected but I can understand it . But some of the comments I read.....wow.

I did that once, never again.

I saw tweets calling for Matt Moore to start this year.

Mindlog

It's pretty much all SNES.
Should actually get a little interesting with the first pick today. However, our needs are prolific so pretty much anything qualifies as an upgrade at that position.

MechDX

Kevin "jack Skellington" Johnson Texans CB:

pOwXap.gif

Keeping your picks isn't the end of the world either. That just means the price was too high for what the Texans were offering.

Yeah, agreed. Still sucks

Top Bottom