• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Duxxy3

First round winner - Oakland Raiders

Oakland has drafted pretty well since Al Davis passed away. Amari Cooper is a perfect pick. Carr had a promising rookie season, especially when you consider his complete lack of weapons. If Al Davis were still in charge he probably would have moved up in the draft to get Mariota. Instead, the Raiders made the smart move. Build on what you have.

First round loser - Indianapolis Colts

After having nearly 50 points dropped on them in the AFC championship game. After being run on, at will. The Colts took a player that will be lucky to make the fourth receiver spot in an already loaded offense. On the board at the time - quite possibly the next Vince Wilfork.

Tamanon

Banned
Just got home from hitting the bar after work. I hope to God Fowler works out better than the other Gators the Jags have drafted throughout the years since Freddy T.

@49ers
Introducing the first alternate uniform in team history. #49ersRGB
http://49ers.com/rgb
CD4crtzUMAEEqrB.jpg
I like them.I will definitely use these in MUT next year.

Hunter S.

You got another known stoner on your defense. Congrats!

On another note I am warming up to the Kevin Johnson pick at CB. Quite a few evaluators had him ranked really high because of the smooth and quick way he moves and has a high football IQ

Ehhhhh.... Von has learned how to not fuck up. He will mentor Ray on life without the weed.

squicken

Peter King has a thing on TEN love of Mariotta and debunks all the rumored trade proposals. Really can't be trusted since everyone loves their players and draft picks right now. My guess is Chip said anyone is available but the price was just too high

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/01/marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans-nfl-draft/

The Eagles, as Kelly said Thursday night in Philadelphia, never offered players as part of a package to obtain Mariota. In fact, The MMQB learned Thursday night that Kelly never offered the widely rumored packages of either three first-round picks or two first-round picks and Sam Bradford, in an attempt to obtain the second pick of the draft. I can tell you this much is true: The Titans basically scared off suitors because they continually told teams they wanted to take Mariota, and it would take a stupid offer to obtain the pick. In the end, Tennessee GM Ruston Webster and coach Ken Whisenhunt stuck to their guns.

effzee

Peter King has a thing on TEN love of Mariotta and debunks all the rumored trade proposals. Really can't be trusted since everyone loves their players and draft picks right now. My guess is Chip said anyone is available but the price was just too high

Yeah obviously Chip is going to say they didn't offer so and so.

But I'm convinced they offered the farm but what good is that if Tennessee really liked Mariota and wanTed him.

Interesting point in that same Peter King article about Andy Reid talked Ken Wisenhunt into picking MM no matter what Philly offered.

First of all fuck you fat fuck Reid. But he is right. In 99 Ditka offered 2 farms to move up to get Ricky Williams.

Cleveland wanted Couch and declined.
Philly wanted McNabb and declined.
INDY surprisingly wanted Edgerin James bad enough that they also declined to move down .

Washington took the offer. Do we even remember who they picked?

Point being for Tennessee what good is stock piling picks when you don't have a franchise qb and are in love with MM.

Good for tenn and hopefully MM is the real deal. Sucks for Chip and the Eagles.

Bradford it is.

Fox318

Ten drafted him because they want to sell the team and with a QB thats recognizable its an easy sell to somebody who wants to move the team.

effzee

Ten drafted him because they want to sell the team and with a QB thats recognizable its an easy sell to somebody who wants to move the team.

Sure that's one of the reasons but according to what I'm reading, next year's prospects aren't considered to be amazing.

If Mariota works for them they will be back on the map nationally. They have no QB no identity and a coach/GM on the hot seat.

Hitting on a QB they like is far more important than stock piling picks. It's why I wasn't opposed to Chip trading as much as what was rumored. Who cares if we have a good pass rush when the QB situation isn't solved?

PFT: Eagles made big offer to Bucs

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Eagles offered the following to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the first pick in the draft: the 20th pick in this year’s draft; Philly’s first-round pick in 2016; quarterback Sam Bradford; and another player on the roster.

It’s unclear who the other player would have been. Possibly linebacker Mychal Kendricks. Possibly Lane Johnson or Fletcher Cox, but the Eagles were expressing reluctance to include either of those pieces.

It’s unknown whether that same offer was made to the Titans, who held the No. 2 pick and ultimately used it on Mariota. It’s reasonable to assume something similar to that was placed on the table.

When is the next round of the draft starting today?

7PM

Talon

Gotta be happy with the Beasley pick.

Understand we'd basically be playing 2 SS, but I think Collins is going to be a stud. We'll see - we can pretty much use another pick at any level of the defense. Corner's pretty much the only relatively settled group.
Mayock was saying Olympic level speed. Maybe his comparison was off.
Gurley's got ridiculous finishing speed - the Marshawn comparison works pretty well. He'll break a stupid amount of tackles and then somehow find a burst to get another 5-10 yards.

gutshot

Best remaining players for Round 2:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489095/article/2015-nfl-draft-best-remaining-prospects

15. La'el Collins, OT, LSU: 6-4 1/2, 305 pounds, 5.10 40
21. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State: 6-2 3/8, 217 pounds, 4.41 40
23. Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska: 6-4 7/8, 235 pounds, 4.61 40
25. Landon Collins, SS, Alabama: 6-0, 228 pounds, 4.31 40
30. Jalen Collins, CB, LSU: 6-1 1/2, 203 pounds, 4.44 40
31. Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma: 6-5 1/4, 329 pounds, 5.15 40
32. Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State: 6-foot-3 7/8, 336 pounds, 5.27 40
33. Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon: 6-6 1/8, 306 pounds, 4.97 40
34. Donovan Smith, OL, Penn State: 6-5 5/8, 338 pounds, 5.18 40
36. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia: 6-3 1/8, 247 pounds, 4.58 40
37. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State: 6-0 3/8, 196 pounds, 4.37 40
39. Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State: 6-4 1/8, 246 pounds, 4.62 40
42. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh: 6-4 3/4, 309 pounds, 5.12 40
43. D'Joun Smith, CB, Florida Atlantic: 5-10, 187 pounds, 4.37 40
44. Eric Rowe, DB, Utah: 6-0 3/4, 205 pounds, 4.37 40
45. Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State: 6-4 7/8, 271 pounds, 4.71 40
46. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana: 5-11 3/8, 206 pounds
47. Ronald Darby, DB, Florida State: 5-10 5/8, 193 pounds, 4.37 40
48. Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami: 5-10 3/4, 236 pounds, 4.68 40
49. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA: 6-3 1/2, 267 pounds, 4.56 40/p/>
50. Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA: 6-0 1/4, 232 pounds, 4.59 40
51. Danielle Hunter, DE, LSU: 6-5 1/8, 252 pounds, 4.56 40
52. Chris Conley, WR, Georgia: 6-1 7/8, 213 pounds, 4.33 40
53. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor: 6-2 7/8, 230 pounds, 4.81 40
54. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota: 6-3 7/8, 249 pounds, 4.78 40
55. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri: 6-5 1/8, 237 pounds, 4.43 40
57. Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State: 6-2, 293 pounds, 5.01 40
58. Mario Edwards, Jr., DT, Florida State: 6-2 5/8, 279 pounds, 4.76 40
59. Carl Davis, DT, Iowa: 6-4 5/8, 320 pounds, 5.14 40
60. Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State: 5-11 3/4, 221 pounds, 4.52 40
61. Duke Johnson, RB, Miami (Fla.): 5-9 1/8, 207 pounds, 4.50 40
63. P.J. Williams, DB, Florida State: 6-0, 194 pounds, 4.53 40
65. Nate Orchard, DE, Utah: 6-3 1/4, 250 pounds, 4.80 40
66. Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska: 5-8 3/4, 205 pounds, 4.50 40

Hoping the Eagles can snag Eric Rowe tonight.

RBH

Vic Beasley, Clemson
SackSEER Projection: 34.0 Sacks through Year 5
SackSEER Rating: 95.7%

Vic Beasley gives you almost everything you want in an edge rusher prospect. He was consistently productive at Clemson, recording 32 sacks and nine passes defensed over a four-year college career. Beasley really shined at the combine, where he recorded a 4.53-second 40-yard dash; a 41-inch vertical jump; a 12-foot, 10-inch broad jump; and a 6.91-second three-cone, all of which are well above average.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/sackseer-2015

gladtomeetya.gif

RBH

Gotta be happy with the Beasley pick.

Understand we'd basically be playing 2 SS, but I think Collins is going to be a stud. We'll see - we can pretty much use another pick at any level of the defense. Corner's pretty much the only relatively settled group.
Seems like a lot of Falcons fans are hoping for either Landon Collins or Eric Kendricks in the 2nd round.

And we should celebrate the Beasley pick by getting some hot dogs...........with ketchup on them!

BigAT

Is it just me or was last night one of the most boring first rounds ever? I love the draft, but I had a really had time paying attention after pick 13 or so.

It may have been that both the broadcasts this year were really terrible, especially their complete refusal to announce picks as they came in. It was absurd, even the third overall pick was like 5 minutes behind from when the actual selection was made. They were 3-4 picks behind by the end of the night and had absolutely no interest in trying to catch up or accurately portray the draft on the broadcast as it was actually happening.

LevelNth

Banned
I'm glad Baalke went with the high upside DL pick in Armstead. It's boom or bust, but we need another potential big hit on that line to maintain the way our D plays. Love the inconsequential trade down too that netted a couple extra picks.

I don't understand the Eagles or Colts choices, seems superfluous and it didn't even really scream BPA. At least the Eagles excuse is that Kelly is a proven idiot GM, but the Colts? Unless I'm confusing them with someone else and Grigson is the still the GM? I thought he was replaced.

Draxal

Is it just me or was last night one of the most boring first rounds ever? I love the draft, but I had a really had time paying attention after pick 13 or so.

It may have been that both the broadcasts this year were really terrible, especially their complete refusal to announce picks as they came in. It was absurd, even the third overall pick was like 5 minutes behind from when the actual selection was made. They were 3-4 picks behind by the end of the night and had absolutely no interest in trying to catch up or accurately portray the draft on the broadcast as it was actually happening.

Having the draft tables outside and Goodell running there and back was the stupidest thing ever.

Fox318

I think taking it out of new york hurt since the building was smaller.

Plus the set looked like something out of a small wrestling promotion

Hopefully that stupid Easter show gets canceled and the draft is back in NY.

eznark

Banned

I kind of liked it because it went back to the good old days of three years ago where you knew all the picks as soon as they happened instead of when NFLN decided to tell you.

cajunator

Banned
Saints have an all-black alternate but it works for them. A lot of teams with red uniforms are doing it though like the Cardinals and I dont think it works very well.

Top Bottom