• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Syrinx

So basically, the window between Skyward Sword and the new Zelda will be five years, and the window between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword was five years. That'll be like, a nearly ten-year span where we've gotten a grand total of one console Zelda game, one that was around middle-of-the-pack for the series at that.

I'd like to say I'm okay with waiting until it's ready, but at the same time I don't think these long cycles are going to cut it for them, not unless the games are absolutely mind-blowing.

Next Zelda better be incredible. And the stuff Nintendo shows at E3 better be incredible to make up for Zelda's absence.

Konka

Banned
So basically, the window between Skyward Sword and the new Zelda will be five years, and the window between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword was five years. That'll be like, a nearly ten-year span where we've gotten a grand total of one console Zelda game, one that was around middle-of-the-pack for the series at that.

I'd like to say I'm okay with waiting until it's ready, but at the same time I don't think these long cycles are going to cut it for them, not unless the games are absolutely mind-blowing.

Next Zelda better be incredible. And the stuff Nintendo shows at E3 better be incredible to make up for Zelda's absence.

I'm reeeeeaaaalllly struggling to understand your math on this one. How is it a nearly 10 year span with one console Zelda game when one is released in 2006, one in 2011 and one in 2016. That is 3 console Zelda games in a decade last time I checked.

Konka

Banned

Also, this post really represents why I hate gaming these days. There were three Zelda games released in its first decade of existence and yet still you people bitch that its slow

Syrinx

I'm reeeeeaaaalllly struggling to understand your math on this one. How is it a nearly 10 year span with one console Zelda game when one is released in 2006, one in 2011 and one in 2016. That is 3 console Zelda games in a decade last time I checked.

If you go around the start of 2007 (a month after TP launched on Wii) and go to just before the new Zelda, it would be around 10 years.

Which now that I think about it is kind of a dumb way to do the math. But still, two five-year waits in a row...they better blows the doors off with this one.

Also, this post really represents why I hate gaming these days. There were three Zelda games released in its first decade of existence and yet still you people bitch that its slow

I don't give a shit what it was like 20 years ago. I was still learning how to not shit myself.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
better have Super Mario 3D World 2 to make up for this, dammit.

I shouldn't have to press a button to have Mario run.

Shocked by the Zelda news and worried about Wii U. Was most likely going to get one but unless they announce say a F Zero I'll probably hold off and just get a XBO or PS4.

Konka

Banned
If you go around the start of 2007 (a month after TP launched on Wii) and go to just before the new Zelda, it would be around 10 years.

Which now that I think about it is kind of a dumb way to do the math. But still, two five-year waits in a row...they better blows the doors off with this one.

Legend of Zelda - 1986

1 year

Zelda II - 1987

4 years

A Link to the Past - 1991

7 years

Ocarina of Time - 1998

2 years

Majoras Mask - 2000

2 years

Wind Waker -2002

4 years

Twilight Princess - 2006

5 years

Skyward Sword - 2011

Five years isn't out of the ordinary for Zelda.

I don't mean to shit up this thread with actual football discussion. After all, it's only March. Just watched A Football Life: Joe Greene. Greatest Steeler ever. Dude defined a decade of dominance. I realize I'm an old, but goddamn it was great growing up in the 70s in Pittsburgh watching that team and that D.

Syrinx

Legend of Zelda - 1986

1 year

Zelda II - 1987

4 years

A Link to the Past - 1991

7 years

Ocarina of Time - 1998

2 years

Majoras Mask - 2000

2 years

Wind Waker -2002

4 years

Twilight Princess - 2006

5 years

Skyward Sword - 2011

Five years isn't out of the ordinary for Zelda.

Hmm, put like this, it's a little more illuminating (though I believe ALttP was 1992 and WW was Spring 2003). But I will point out that Zelda 1 and 2, ALttP, OoT, and WW (not counting TP Wii) showed up relatively early in their respective console's lifecycle, and now have fallen into a bit of a trap of having Zeldas appearing at the end.

I guess the thing that raises red flags for me is how it's a total no-show at E3. I guess I can understand them not wanting it to overshadow what will be there, but that would require them having things to show. Also if that were the case, then why did they show it last year, when the rest of the conference was killer and could have stood on its own without Zelda in the first place?

(probably overthinking this a bit)

cajunator

Banned
Zelda being delayed is good. For people who work a lot and dont play games all day it will come pretty quickly and probably wont really mind a delay. I love Windwaker to death but it had flaws directly as a result of rushing to market.

My gut reaction was "nooooo", but then I watched the video.

Aonuma basically saying "schedule? Fuck your schedule!" is bringing back the hype...

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, put like this, it's a little more illuminating (though I believe ALttP was 1992 and WW was Spring 2003). But I will point out that Zelda 1 and 2, ALttP, OoT, and WW (not counting TP Wii) showed up relatively early in their respective console's lifecycle, and now have fallen into a bit of a trap of having Zeldas appearing at the end.

I guess the thing that raises red flags for me is how it's a total no-show at E3. I guess I can understand them not wanting it to overshadow what will be there, but that would require them having things to show. Also if that were the case, then why did they show it last year, when the rest of the conference was killer and could have stood on its own without Zelda in the first place?

(probably overthinking this a bit)

Nintendo has a habit of doing insane things that dont make sense.

I'm ok with the Zelda delay.
I mean, obviously it would be better to have the game out sooner. But it would not be better to have a shitty version of the game out sooner.

Considering it's not even going to be at E3, they might delay it to late 2016. Will be interesting to see what console it comes out on...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I mean, obviously it would be better to have the game out sooner. But it would not be better to have a shitty version of the game out sooner.

Considering it's not even going to be at E3, they might delay it to late 2016. Will be interesting to see what console it comes out on...

I thought Nintendo was going mobile. This is the last console Zelda game ever.

cajunator

Banned
I like to have to reason my way through a game. Just fighting shit is boring. I like being lost and finding the little clues where to go next.

Konka

Banned
I am pretty lost in Bloodborne right now...

I'm guessing you haven't played it based off this post.

You should feed them blood sausages.

Have some black pudding pizza.

sober-lane.jpg

normande007.jpg

blogger-image-1415835465.jpg

Top Bottom