• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

cdyhybrid

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 1m1 minute ago
#Panthers claimed Jonathan Martin.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

i20GKnR2LzqAL.gif

First result on Google for my search was from a GAF post :jnc

Getts has cover now when he goes BPA in the first round and takes a defensive end or a runningback over a tackle or wideout. The fanbase won't flame his ass as badly.

Still I would be very surprised if they still don't end up taking 1 or 2 OTs and a receiver somewhere in the draft.

Bread

Banned
Capra Demon is where a lot of people quit out of frustration. If you got past him you got this!
He was a lot easier than those damn gargoyles IMO, I just kept running up the stairs and doing a leg drop from the top rope.

There are some lizard like creatures who will curse you, you will die and have half of your health taken away, try to stay away from them in the Depths.
Wat

Now I'm scared.

Colasante

Getts has cover now when he goes BPA in the first round and takes a defensive end or a runningback over a tackle or wideout. The fanbase won't flame his ass as badly.

Still I would be very surprised if they still don't end up taking 1 or 2 OTs and a receiver somewhere in the draft.

I think there'll be a day one starter at left tackle available when the Panthers are on the clock, whether it's Andrus Peat, La'El Collins, or a potential reach like Ereck Flowers. Trust in the Getts.

Konka

Banned
I agree. The sore buttholes are what bring about most pats SB win discussion in this thread, if people would move on we wouldn't have to hear about it. The Seahawks brought this on themselves with the worst play call in Super Bowl history. Thank goodness they didn't get away with it.

jakncoke

Banned
This thread goes in fucking circles it seems every day.

It's kind of amazing to see.

-Kas posting #justKasthings
-Gata and Bread riling up cdy
-Drive by NFL news (that normally gets buried)
-One poster complaining how bad the thread is

Then it all starts over.

Dont forget my useless trivia and random nfl youtube vids!

I beat the Capra Demon friends :))))

Then I went to the depths and got crushed by the butcher with the huge cleaver :((((

Capra demon is one of the harder fights in the game (Sif was the other big toughie for me). Mainly because of the limited size of the fight area. The butcher is cake by comparison. You'll get it.

cdyhybrid

I agree. The sore buttholes are what bring about most pats SB win discussion in this thread, if people would move on we wouldn't have to hear about it. The Seahawks brought this on themselves with the worst play call in Super Bowl history. Thank goodness they didn't get away with it.

Bevell did get away with it, though.

#FireTheBevell2015

Patriots7

I wonder if the door has been shut on Brandon Spikes returning to the Patriots. He wanted to leave New England because they wouldn't let him be a three down linebacker, and he ended up playing even less snaps in Buffalo. Then there's the fact that his market has been ice cold and Dont'a Hightower might not be available for the opener.

I'm guessing that Bill feels comfortable with Darius Fleming, Deontae Skinner, and Jonathan Freeney as depth behind Mayo, Collins, and Hightower, and they'll probably draft at the position, but it'd be great if the LB corps went four-deep with starters. And I miss the powww.
I'd love Spikes to come back.
He stepped up big time in Mayo's absence.

lol

Since beating Pittsburgh in the wc in 2007, the jags are 34-79

To be fair the Jags were probably the best team I've seen coming straight from expansion. It's like they did it in reverse order. Usually expansion team suck then they get better like the Houston Texans. Jags came out of the gates hot as fire then now they suck.

jakncoke

Banned
To be fair the Jags were probably the best team I've seen coming straight from expansion. It's like they did it in reverse order. Usually expansion team suck then they get better like the Houston Texans. Jags came out of the gates hot as fire then now they suck.

There is no such thing as to be fair in the nfl-thread. Any info can and will be used as future trolls. Facts are only relevant when we feel like it.

There is no such thing as to be fair in the nfl-thread. Any info can and will be used as future trolls. Facts are only relevant when we feel like it.

The Seattle Seahawks are the best team in the universe in between 2013 to 2014. They would of have beaten the Greek Gods, and Norse Gods!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Michele Steele @ESPNMichele · 5h 5 hours ago

Prosecutor: "How frequently was he smoking marijuana?" Jenkins: "I couldn't tell ya - it was frequent." "was it on a daily basis" "yes"

Patriots culture.

Milchjon

1. Please tell me there's a video of Gronk at Ultra

2. Apparently BB wrote a piece for the NYT in 2003 on how to handle winning a SB:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/26/opinion/ok-champ-now-comes-the-hard-part.html

3. Apparently, Cincy isn't half bad:
My friend is a brewer at a new brewpub opening up here (Cincinnati) on 4/6. Taft's Ale House. Good lord is this place nice. I knew they were spending some coin but wow. This was an old church that they renovated.

2nd floor bar/dining area looking back towards the entrance. There is a bar on the 1st floor I didn't get any pics of.
16947167522_3520c70c38_c.jpg

Looking back towards the bar.
16947522301_d01e89d28c_c.jpg

Tanks. The brewing equipment is top-notch and the setup throughout the place is insane.
16741132897_ef5cc2f559_c.jpg

3rd level bar w/ a private dining room behind it.
16762265629_89833a6e67_c.jpg

3rd level dining areas on each side.
16760786538_be4a5065af_c.jpg

All beers will be $5 and vary in size based on ABV, etc. Launching with 10 house beers and there will be several guest taps. Nice food menu (tri-tip is the feature item). Already have bourbon barrels (Four Roses) filled w/ 2 brews so far and a sour culture in a foedor. Will be going to the friends and family opening next weekend.

bionic77

I left it to you for 13 years. It's only gotten worse.
First of all, how dare you.

You are questioning my mortality and the effectiveness of the cause that I started singlehandedly? Where the fuck were you 11 years ago when the majority of posters here admired that filthy organization and many were even fans! It was a darker time than you can imagine. It was openly accepted for people to be fans of the Patriots (imagine a world where you were allowed to walk around with a OBL t-shirt and not have to worry about getting the shit kicked out of you, it was just like that). People like Ninja were the norm and not the exception. I was the first to voice the truth about the Pats. Of course like all people who were ahead of their time I was not well received. It took years for my opinion to be taken seriously. It was only recently that this became the majority opinion of this board. Think about that for a second. 10 years ago Gata might have been accepted as a serious poster instead of the dirty brown water joke we know him to be today (ok maybe I picked the wrong guy to make my point).

This is not about me so don't try to throw this back at me. This is about you and your shitty franchise who couldn't even get 2 yards with the best back in the league in the biggest moment of their lives. Yes its true that it doesn't really matter because the Pats are cheating cunts and none of their wins can ever be legitimate in the eyes of any honest or reasonable person but it would have been far better for us to not have this conversation at all. Instead of you having lame arguments with the degenerates from euroland and shitsville (aka florida) that make up the Pats fanbase here, we could instead be laughing about how Tammy might have won the SB if he could only throw the ball 7 yards past the LOS. Instead your worthless team let them survive on dumpoff after dumpoff and were powerless to tackle the runners or get pressure on an old woman with the mobility of a Steelers defensive back.

Instead of trying to deflect blame you need to stand up and do the manly thing. Pee standing up like the rest of us and direct that hatred, loathing and righteous anger at your team. They had it in their hands. God set up them up and they choked against the Devil. So instead of whining to the rest of us and instead of making lame attempts to troll the Pats do something useful like calling into a talk radio show to talk about how you wish you had Andrew Luck for your qb. Or anyone over 5 feet tall who can actually see above his lineman instead. You could also curse and wish for all the bad things in the world to happen to your allegedly great defense, which allowed the Pats to dink and dunk their way back into the game with the same 3 plays. I know I would be burning my Steelers jerseys and sending several letters a day to the organization voicing my displeasure with the direction of the franchise and asking for immediate changes to be made.

Malalaw

So today I guess I decided I want to eat horribly and I decided on Taco Bell. I tried thinking of what Stafford would order and then cut it down about 3/4s of the price and I still paid 11 bucks :(

Konka

Banned

You are questioning my mortality and the effectiveness of the cause that I started singlehandedly? Where the fuck were you 11 years ago when the majority of posters here admired that filthy organization and many were even fans! It was a darker time than you can imagine. It was openly accepted for people to be fans of the Patriots (imagine a world where you were allowed to walk around with a OBL t-shirt and not have to worry about getting the shit kicked out of you, it was just like that). People like Ninja were the norm and not the exception. I was the first to voice the truth about the Pats. Of course like all people who were ahead of their time I was not well received. It took years for my opinion to be taken seriously. It was only recently that this became the majority opinion of this board. Think about that for a second. 10 years ago Gata might have been accepted as a serious poster instead of the dirty brown water joke we know him to be today (ok maybe I picked the wrong guy to make my point).

This is not about me so don't try to throw this back at me. This is about you and your shitty franchise who couldn't even get 2 yards with the best back in the league in the biggest moment of their lives. Yes its true that it doesn't really matter because the Pats are cheating cunts and none of their wins can ever be legitimate in the eyes of any honest or reasonable person but it would have been far better for us to not have this conversation at all. Instead of you having lame arguments with the degenerates from euroland and shitsville (aka florida) that make up the Pats fanbase here, we could instead be laughing about how Tammy might have won the SB if he could only throw the ball 7 yards past the LOS. Instead your worthless team let them survive on dumpoff after dumpoff and were powerless to tackle the runners or get pressure on an old woman with the mobility of a Steelers defensive back.

Instead of trying to deflect blame you need to stand up and do the manly thing. Pee standing up like the rest of us and direct that hatred, loathing and righteous anger at your team. They had it in their hands. God set up them up and they choked against the Devil. So instead of whining to the rest of us and instead of making lame attempts to troll the Pats do something useful like calling into a talk radio show to talk about how you wish you had Andrew Luck for your qb. Or anyone over 5 feet tall who can actually see above his lineman instead. You could also curse and wish for all the bad things in the world to happen to your allegedly great defense, which allowed the Pats to dink and dunk their way back into the game with the same 3 plays. I know I would be burning my Steelers jerseys and sending several letters a day to the organization voicing my displeasure with the direction of the franchise and asking for immediate changes to be made.

:jnc

cdyhybrid

I've literally been doing this the entire time. You need to put on your reading glasses when you browse GAF, old man!

#FireTheBevell2015

bionic77

I've literally been doing this the entire time. You need to put on your reading glasses when you browse GAF, old man!

#FireTheBevell2015
Stop blaming the OC.

Not every team has the luxury of spying and taping the other team so that they know what defense is coming before the snap. Great qb's are able to look over the top of their lineman and read the defense and not throw a shitty pass in the middle of the field.

Get on the fuck Russell bandwagon if you want to be taken seriously!

cdyhybrid

Stop blaming the OC.

Not every team has the luxury of spying and taping the other team so that they know what defense is coming before the snap. Great qb's are able to look over the top of their lineman and read the defense and not throw a shitty pass in the middle of the field.

Can't really hate Russell, it's out of his control. He's too much of a team player to call Bevell out on his bullshit. Plus Bevell forced him to play in the NFCCG with a concussion inflicted by that bitchmade motherfucker Clay Matthews.

The fact is that our Darrell-Bevell-led-remedial-tier passing offense would be even worse without Russell and his improvisational ability back there :(

*dead*

rando14

Im currently at a medical conference, there is tons of free food and wine and also ridiculously hot pharmaceutical reps everywhere!! Pls send aid

Stop blaming the OC.

Great point. We should of known they would know our plays that why we should of just played backyard football there.

The whole time I was screaming give to beast 4 times while my friends were like chill bro just trust.

Yea... they had no clue... NO FUCKING CLUE.

Im currently at a medical conference, there is tons of free food and wine and also ridiculously hot pharmaceutical reps everywhere!! Pls send aid

Only if you send pictures first.

Top Bottom