• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

BigAT

Is there a reason ESPN suddenly started pretending cricket is a real sport? Did they buy broadcasting rights recently?

jakncoke

Banned
Is there a reason ESPN suddenly started pretending cricket is a real sport? Did they buy broadcasting rights recently?

I was wondering that the other morning when I went to espn to find some scores and cricket and soccer scores were on the front page and i had to go to sport specific to find out

MPfQ4mb.gif

BigAT

The times a a changin. Cricket has a huge fancies and why would ESPN want to pass on that money?

Because it feels like the exact same thing they pulled a few years ago where they completely ignored NASCAR for years, then they bought broadcast rights to it and all of a sudden they magically open Sportscenter with it and put it on the front page of ESPN.com.

Malalaw

Wait. Is that what this game looks like?

Somewhat yes, I forgot to lower the brightness back to normal cause I was in a really dark area and forgot to buy a lantern. Lol. Picture doesn't do the game justice, it looks better than that, atleast in my eyes.

Malalaw

Lafayette named greatest city on earth

Wisconsin has been penalized 10 penguins after conduct detrimental to cajun's feelings

#ScenesFromCajun'sWorld

Well Lafayette was one of the most happiest cities to live in within the US last year. 5 from Louisiana were in the top 10..which surprised the hell out of me.

Konka

Banned
Everything on these consoles looked like PS3 games. Bloodborne doesn't really look that much better than Dark Souls did.

Eh, maybe that's partially to explain my lack of excitement over games.

NES - > SNES/Genesis -> PS/N64 -> PS2/Xbox/GC were all significant jumps in graphics and gameplay due to new controllers, ideas and storage. The jump to PS3//360 and especially Wii was the least significant change up to that point and it seems like console gaming is really reaching a point of diminishing returns.

Malalaw

Life after the 4th boss SUCKS. I ran out of vials constantly trying to just make it to bosses. The
Forbidden Woods
can eat a giant plate of dicks.

Where are you stuck?
Not really stuck at the moment, working through some areas near Amilia after taking a few shots at her and not doing so well. I just feel like my progress has been pretty slow ever since fighting BSB and I've been dying quite a bit. I've played about 15 hours, I'm ready for a new weapon! Still loving the game, though.

Malalaw

Not really stuck at the moment, working through some areas near Amilia after taking a few shots at her and not doing so well. I just feel like my progress has been pretty slow ever since fighting BSB and I've been dying quite a bit. I've played about 15 hours, I'm ready for a new weapon! Still loving the game, though.

I just upgraded to Ludwig's Holy Blade. It's great so far. Was so glad to finally ditch my starting weapon.

To the left of the door that leads to Amelia is Hemwick Charnel Lane. Great place to go Echoe farming. It's also one of the prettiest and most atmospheric areas in the game. To the right is a large chapel that has two hunters that will wreck you if you haven't gotten your shit together. I would avoid it and head to Hemwick. It's a fun place to explore.

Also, let yourself get killed by one of the bagmen. They'll take you to a surprise location that has some tough fights but if you can work through them, you'll come out with some nice new garb options.

Hemwick should definitely be your next destination though. If you kill Amelia beforehand, the game gets substantially harder as it changes enemy placement on you!

As for weapon, I've used them all and I still have no reason to move off of my starting Saw Cleaver. I have it up to +8 with some great gems installed and its beastly. I wrecked Amelia on my first try. I also use Ludwig's Holy Sword (+6) and the Kirkhammer (+5) as my backups when I need to inflict heavy damage. I can't use them as my main. The agility I lose from the Saw Cleaver isn't worth it to me. I'm currently running near the end of the Forbidden Graveyard.

Here's another boss battle I did in that secret location I mentioned. This was my third try at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nilj2QpWdTA

To the left of the door that leads to her is Hemwick Charnel Lane. Great place to go Echo farming. It's also one of the prettiest and most atmospheric areas in the game. To the right is a large chapel that has two hunters that will wreck you if you haven't gotten your shit together. I would avoid it and head to Hemwick. It's a fun place to explore.

Also, let yourself get killed by one of the bagmen. They'll take you to a surprise location that has some tough fights but if you can work through them, you'll come out with some nice new garb options.

Hemwick should definitely be your next destination though. If you kill Amelia beforehand, the game gets substantially harder as it changes enemy placement on you!

As for weapon, I've used them all and I still have no reason to move off of my starting Saw Cleaver. I have it up to +8 with some great gems installed and its beastly. I wrecked Amelia on my first try. I'm currently running near the end of the Forbidden Graveyard.
Nice, thanks for the tips!

I got captured and went to the prison. It was brutal and I felt way under leveled, especially when I stumbled upon the boss. After dying against that once I said "nope" and found my way to the lamp to get out. Never found any armor or weapons in there.

I also went to the chapel you talked about and killed the two hunters which was super tough. That's where I stopped for the night so I'm not sure where that path leads.

I found that path to Hemwick before fighting Amelia but decided I'd explore around the chapel first. Sounds like that's my next destination!

I suppose I'm making alright progress but I died a ton to BSB and in the prison so it made the game feel pretty brutal. I'd rather it be this way than too easy, though!

Where do you get Ludwig's blade?

Malalaw

I got captured and went to the prison. It was brutal and I felt way under leveled, especially when I stumbled upon the boss. After dying against that once I said "nope" and found my way to the lamp to get out. Never found any armor or weapons in there.

I also went to the chapel you talked about and killed the two hunters which was super tough. That's where I stopped for the night so I'm not sure where that path leads.

I found that path to Hemwick before fighting Amelia but decided I'd explore around the chapel first. Sounds like that's my next destination!

I suppose I'm making alright progress but I died a ton to BSB and in the prison so it made the game feel pretty brutal. I'd rather it be this way than too easy, though!

Radiant sword hunters badge. Top of the Church workshop in a chest. Then you buy it from the fountain.

Yeah if you haven't hit the workshop, that should be your next destination. From the Cathedral Ward lamp, head to the right. The door opens after the BSB. Make sure you go back to the Hunters Dream and talk to the old dude in the wheel chair. He'll direct you there. It should open after that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It looks like the first right door from the Cathedral lamp should open after beating BSB? It's locked for me...

You need to go back to the Hunters Dream. Dude in a wheelchair has to talk about the Oedon Chapel first before the door unlocks I think?

Also for folks in the Healing Church Workshop there is a part where you have to
drop down a bunch of ramps and one of them is a total bitch to land on - don't bother if you keep fucking it up like I did. Just lamp to the Abandoned Workshop lamp which is in the same area if you take a different route down. A lot easier to get to the bottom floor through there, not going to fall to your death

Top Bottom