• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

cdyhybrid

Sweet. Let me complain about hardly being able to sleep before tests then, cause it's fucking killing me right now.

Have some animu:

gqXLfV1.gif

Has anyone started a petition to abolish #AnimeSundays yet? Because if no one has may I start?

I made it to my fantasy basketball championship despite Durant and Rose missing a ton of time!

Why is it animu?

Either you're playing with idiots or it's a really small league where there are plenty of players to go around. I use to do a 16 team league lose 1 star and it's pretty much over.

zychi

Banned
Has anyone started a petition to abolish #AnimeSundays yet? Because if no one has may I start?

Either you're playing with idiots or it's a really small league where there are plenty of players to go around. I use to do a 16 team league lose 1 star and it's pretty much over.
12 man and bradley beal and long ass name rookie on mil replaced them pretty well. I also had steph.

Kobe went out, westbrook got hurt, dwight , unibrow and carmelo all going out benefitted me too.

My one true love.

The OC was dabes

I really really really want to like you, I really do but that Pats AV.

12 man and bradley beal and long ass name rookie on mil replaced them pretty well. I also had steph.

Kobe went out, westbrook got hurt, dwight , unibrow and carmelo all going out benefitted me too.

What the fuck? Steph, Durant and Rose? Was it auction draft? I can't imagine getting that in snake or you must really good salesmen with the trades.

zychi

Banned
I really really really want to like you, I really do but that Pats AV.

What the fuck? Steph, Durant and Rose? Was it auction draft? I can't imagine getting that in snake or you must really good salesmen with the trades.
Durant was injured before the season started with no timetable so he dropped to second round for me. Everyone was terrified to touch Derrick. It was pretty easy

Durant was injured before the season started with no timetable so he dropped to second round for me. Everyone was terrified to touch Derrick. It was pretty easy

Ah I forgot Durant was out for start of season but still no one took him in 1st? Even 12th pick? That's interesting... remember the days when him LeBron were auto 1/2 with CP3 being #3? Good times man....

Milchjon

It's not even noon and I've already had several coffees and a can of energy drink.

I'm probably gonna start squeeing real soon.

squicken

1. I think I can now say with certainty that The Other Team in the chase for Sam Bradford—as many have inferred—was Cleveland. The Browns would have been willing to part with a first-round pick in either 2015 or 2016 (I do not know which year) for Bradford, but there were two problems: One, the Browns didn’t have a quarterback to give in return, and Philadelphia was willing to fork over Nick Foles. Two, Bradford would not have been willing to sign a new contract this off-season if he were traded to Cleveland, and he is willing to consider an extension in Philadelphia. So the Philly deal was really the only one that made sense for the Rams and for Bradford, in the end.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/03/30/extra-points-pat-rule-change-nfl-draft/4/

Who would sign there, tho?

Striker

Bradford comes off as a bit entitled. Chip should get the most out of him, so it's gonna be fun to watch.

Drawing most toward the Draft I'm still unsure where I want them to do. Part of me wants DL help, another wants the OL to finally be addressed, but they still could go after someone like Cooper, White, or even Waynes.

squicken

Bradford comes off as a bit entitled. Chip should get the most out of him, so it's gonna be fun to watch.

Drawing most toward the Draft I'm still unsure where I want them to do. Part of me wants DL help, another wants the OL to finally be addressed, but they still could go after someone like Cooper, White, or even Waynes.

I think he wants a chance to finally play for a team with a chance to be good. That wasn't happening in Cleveland. And he wanted to stay in STL. They pressured him to take a pay cut but wouldn't guarantee him he wouldn't be traded. So why take a pay cut when that only facilitates a trade away from the team he wanted to stay with?

Striker

I think he wants a chance to finally play for a team with a chance to be good. That wasn't happening in Cleveland. And he wanted to stay in STL. They pressured him to take a pay cut but wouldn't guarantee him he wouldn't be traded. So why take a pay cut when that only facilitates a trade away from the team he wanted to stay with?
Right. But if he was a truly good QB, the Browns are instantly a wildcard caliber team. They've had decent defenses and solid talent offensively; still do, though losing Cameron and Gordon hurts a lot. They're like the Jets and Bills in that they've had solid talent on the team but poor/mediocre QB play has held them back.

squicken

Right. But if he was a truly good QB, the Browns are instantly a wildcard caliber team. They've had decent defenses and solid talent offensively; still do, though losing Cameron and Gordon hurts a lot. They're like the Jets and Bills in that they've had solid talent on the team but poor/mediocre QB play has held them back.

The Browns offense, once Mack got hurt, was a disaster last year. And it wasn't just the QB play. Their WRs are terrible and now Cameron is gone. It's going to be just as bad this year. Given how bad this draft is I really think Buffalo won that Watkins trade last year

Spotify app just came out on PS4 and you can control it with your phone. You can also use it to play music in the background of games. FIFA + Death Metal here I come!

eznark

Banned
The agency says that the Freedom of Information Act “creates no obligation for an agency to search for and produce records that it does not possess and control.”
Be right back setting up private server so the plebes can't FOIA me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That feeling when your rental car gets towed because you forgot to grab the parking permit from your car that is getting work done.

Ugh.

eznark

Banned
I've never played The Show but I thought they were generally considered to be great sports games. Something wrong with this year's version or are you just not a fan?

Depends on what you want from a sports game. RTTS is dope, everything else is pretty lacking.

It gets good reviews because it is pretty and reviewers only play a few hours. None of them see the abysmal animations that eventually crop up, the broken fielding, the ludicrous OF angles, the 30% error rate on pickoff throws to first, the 2000% more likely chance of a PB in online play as opposed to real life, the balking because of the garbage mound mechanics. If you just play a couple games you think "hey cool baseball games, bro!"

Also online is sub-Nintendo levels. I'd probably be able to forgive everything else (I do in Madden) if they had a functional and deep online franchise mode. Instead they do not.

This year they have not talked about the game at all, have barely shown it to press and have done all of their reveal stuff in house via twitch streams. Review copies will arrive in the hands of reviewers tomorrow...day of release.

RIP The Show

Drew Boylhart @DrewBoylhart · 1h1 hour ago
RUMOR; QB Josh Huepel reportedly had to talk #Eagles Sam Bradford out of quitting football after his 2014 ACL tear.

ampere

Learn to be more picky and jaded. It's the only way

#GronkMondays

#MalcolmMondays works better. Gronk does need a day though

That feeling when your rental car gets towed because you forgot to grab the parking permit from your car that is getting work done.

Ugh.

Damn bro. Hope you get that figured out

Man I have been out of work on disabillity since December and I have only gotten one check in all that time, and it wasnt even for the right ammount. American Fidelity has to be the most annoying company in the world to deal with.

Depends on what you want from a sports game. RTTS is dope, everything else is pretty lacking.

It gets good reviews because it is pretty and reviewers only play a few hours. None of them see the abysmal animations that eventually crop up, the broken fielding, the ludicrous OF angles, the 30% error rate on pickoff throws to first, the 2000% more likely chance of a PB in online play as opposed to real life, the balking because of the garbage mound mechanics. If you just play a couple games you think "hey cool baseball games, bro!"

Also online is sub-Nintendo levels. I'd probably be able to forgive everything else (I do in Madden) if they had a functional and deep online franchise mode. Instead they do not.

This year they have not talked about the game at all, have barely shown it to press and have done all of their reveal stuff in house via twitch streams. Review copies will arrive in the hands of reviewers tomorrow...day of release.

RIP The Show
Reviews are pretty much worthless for sports games unless it's someone who really gets into the particular series/genre. Like you said they are primarily graded on presentation and impressions from a couple of hours in a few modes.

Why would they make the rate on pick-off throws and PB so high? It seems like such an easy thing to tweak so what is the point if you are going for realism? Makes the game more "exciting"?

Not talking about the game much is a huge red flag. Best case scenario it's 2014 with almost nothing changed minus the rosters, worst case it's NHL 2015.

All of that said, is there a better baseball game out there? I know you'll probably say OotP but that's kind a different genre.

eznark

Banned
Reviews are pretty much worthless for sports games unless it's someone who really gets into the particular series/genre. Like you said they are primarily graded on presentation and impressions from a couple of hours in a few modes.

Why would they make the rate on pick-off throws and PB so high? It seems like such an easy thing to tweak so what is the point if you are going for realism? Makes the game more "exciting"?

Not talking about the game much is a huge red flag. Best case scenario it's 2014 with almost nothing changed minus the rosters, worst case it's NHL 2015.

All of that said, is there a better baseball game out there? I know you'll probably say OotP but that's kind a different genre.

I dont think they do that stuff on purpose, I think they are completely incompetent. There was a bug from 2010-2012 that resulted in the catcher being unable to throw to first on a dropped third strike about 75% of the time. It was never patched out.

High Heat 2004 on PC is still well supported by mods, so it's probably the best action baseball game available still. MLB The Show 2009 is the best baseball game ever made, but obviously you can't really mod that to update it.

Top Bottom