• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Yeah I did, that was pretty interesting. This is the season of false hope, my friend. 18 sacks for Dion Jordan this year, 20 for Wake!

Seriously though I guess it's a good thing as long as it doesn't become too simple. Personnel is still kind of an issue though, especially in the secondary...

I feel that we could have won the GB and Detroit games if we just had a base defense instead of whatever bullshit he was trying with the game on the line. That last play call against GB is inexcusable (after taking a time out, let's not forget that brilliant move) and I would have fired him on the spot...but Joe knows best...I guess we should wait for the draft before we start making room in the trophy cabinet then.

Only 6 weeks left, then I'm back up to sanjuros hairy loving arms.

Make sure you kick gata on your way out

Konka

Banned
Guys, I'm cooking up some Spamchos and Steakchos for the draft.

20150331-nachos-spamchos-steakchos-04.jpg

20150331-nachos-spamchos-steakchos-18.jpg

Farooq

Banned
Romo was on a radio show promoting a fantasy conference. Anyway, he went through his thought process of 4th down play against Green Bay. I thought it was some nice insight.

Tony Romo: Most of the game, they'd been doubling Dez. Even when they didn't, they would hide it well and come off late. We started to get to that a little bit and understand what they were conceptually trying to do. What happened then was, we went into an empty formation. At a point earlier in the game, I end up throwing the ball to Terrance on a spread-out formation. I think we had a running back in on that play. He ends up scoring a touchdown. He's not the first read on that play, but based on the configuration, not that dissimilar from what this one is. They try and hide the same coverage, which turns into what we call a "cover zero," so it's an all-out pressure. But they hide it by the safeties being a little lower and they're almost like gonna help and double people. You can tell by the mannerisms of some of the linebackers and nickel cornerbacks that they're coming after you.

In that process, my initial thought right at that moment was, 'I'm not going to be able to hold onto the ball. You have to get it out. It's gotta go somewhere. You can't just go through progressions and read.' I have three options on the play. Cole's got a route that's really quick. Witten has a route that's very fast and Dez has a go route. The go route is dicey because it's fourth-and-two, you just need two yards, you can throw the ball to anybody on the field. The problem is, at that moment, as I'm getting ready to throw the ball ... I think Cole and I think Jason, but I want to look at the leverage of the players that are on them. When I look at it, it's bad leverage. In other words, they're gonna have to take an extra two steps to get past that. So, in that moment, I wanted the two yards but it's gonna be real dicey. It's gonna be one of those bang-bang type of slants ... they're inside leverage and our guy's not. I can't adjust that with the route this late in the count as I'm about to snap the ball.

So I say, 'Hey, it's one-on-one; Dez hasn't gotten this but three times the whole game. It's our season on the line. Let's do what we do.' You give him a chance. He went up and made the play and obviously we didn't get the call. I changed the protection to try and give myself the ability to go through the progression to them and then finish with Dez. My thought was, let's get the first down. Get through 1, 2 and my third option is gonna be Dez on a go route. The problem was we only had five men and they were rushing six. I tried to manipulate the line and change the call so we could pick up the fifth guy and I did that, the problem was the sixth guy came. I couldn't go 1, 2 to three, and then the leverage came into play. Either you trust in that or you don't. In that situation, you're dying to get Dez one-on-one with a press corner. He was up on top, pressing him, trying to take away a slant, something quick. You have to be aggressive. That's how you win those games and that's how you win championships.

All-22 Gif.

EducatedSpiritedChimpanzee.gif

Tom Penny

Got my slow cooker doing Pork Carnitas all day. Can't wait to get home and throw them in a pan to caramelize it and make some tacos :)

bionic77

It is.

My brothers ex-gf said her mom wouldn't let her eat it growing up because it was food for poors. lol

She ate it with my brother though and liked it.
A lot of food for the poors are pretty tasty.

I mean McDonalds fries are delicious even if they are a one way ticket to obesity lane (this is a pretty common address in Florida and most of the south) if you eat it too often.

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin · 20s21 seconds ago
Source: Tony Romo has restructured his contract with the #Cowboys. Will save the team $13M in cap space.

Farooq

Banned
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin · 20s21 seconds ago
Source: Tony Romo has restructured his contract with the #Cowboys. Will save the team $13M in cap space.

That sucks. Keep kicking that can down the road.

I wonder why, they already got rid of Murray. Dez extension?

Signing Dez long term would reduce his cap hit this year (and the following years cap is in pretty good shape right now), they needed money for this year's cap in case Hardy hits his incentives. To create more space they could negotiate with Carr to take a pay cut (or cut him post June 1st), and/or restructure Romo. Carr wasn't willing I guess, and Dallas' corner situation is precarious especially with Claiborne's knee injury.

Farooq

Banned
Wouldn't have this been helpful like a month ago?

If you are suggesting it would have been helpful to retain Murray, then no.

They weren't really willing to pay Murray above what they offered him. Retaining Murray wasn't a cap issue as much as them not valuing the running back position.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If you are suggesting it would have been helpful to retain Murray, then no.

They weren't really willing to pay Murray above what they offered him. Retaining Murray wasn't a cap issue as much as them not valuing the running back position.

Well not really just Murray, I mean just more than the bottom of the barrel that the current FA crop represents. Even the threat of having cap space or whatever would at least make it look more plausible they'd keep Murray and the Eagles would have given him some more money.

Farooq

Banned
Well not really just Murray, I mean just more than the bottom of the barrel that the current FA crop represents. Even the threat of having cap space or whatever would at least make it look more plausible they'd keep Murray and the Eagles would have given him some more money.

Well, they have a different approach to FA now. They want value for their dollars. And they don't see value being big players in FA. You can point to the Greg Hardy signing, but that contract is incentive based with little guaranteed money. Even if Hardy hits his incentives, that would mean Hardy had a productive season and Cowboys got good value.

Inflating the price of Murray? Would having more cap space really matter? Eagles had a price for Murray as well, they were pretty disciplined when Maclin went above their price range. Who says the same wouldn't happen with Murray?

zychi

Banned
Romo was on a radio show promoting a fantasy conference. Anyway, he went through his thought process of 4th down play against Green Bay. I thought it was some nice insight.

All-22 Gif.

EducatedSpiritedChimpanzee.gif

Do you have a link to that quote? I'd love to pass it on to a friend who despises Romo. It shows he really does get the game.

Top Bottom