• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Draxal

I dont understand what their problem is. It has been called Waifu emblem for a long time because there are a million females in it and people always argue about them.
Nintendo knows what its doing with that franchise.

From the very first game, they had 15 year old girls riding flying ponies in japanese girl sailor uniforms. It's like they're blind to this. I mean I grumble about lolli dragons and cat girls, but it's always been a part of the series.

Sanjuro

They're some very old Giants/Sox fans, and I'm pretty sure Kraft was a giants fan in his younger days.

I wouldn't call them very old. Unless we are all olds...

Same deal with NY. There are healthy portion of Celtics fans there. Mainly because Knicks are trash.

Draxal

What's a "Waifu"?

image.php

bionic77

The amazing thing to me is how ungrateful FE "fans" are. It's a miracle these games are being made at all in today's market, high profile SRPG's like FF Tactics are basically nonexistent these days. Even more amazing is the fact that the FE games have retained what makes them hardcore and deep, while also adding new options to help ease in new players. But no, let's not be satisfied with that, let's bitch and whine about every little design decison and throw these new games into the garbage while we reminisce about perfect SNES/GC games that are not at all perfect.

Fuck nostalgia.
Dude its gaming side. Games are not worth that much discussion. The only use of that place is to get news (along with the videos, screenshots and previews that come with it). And as there seem to be less games coming out than in prior gens it is even less useful than before.

Speaking of FE, I never really got into the console versions of the game. I first got into it on the GBA*. I always preferred the handheld versions. Except the DS version all of the handheld games have been instant classics (and even the DS game was alright).

Everything you speak is the truth and your love of FE shows you to be a man of impeccable taste. Slap the name Fire Emblem on the box and I will buy the fuck out of that shit. I will continue doing so until I get tired of the gameplay or it stops being good. In the interim I agree that gaming nerds need to shut the fuck up about this game and find something better to complain about. Like why the fuck are states trying to make it legal to discriminate against gays. Shouldn't the legislature be more concerning about more important shit like investigating the Patriots and the NFL?

* Playing the first Fire Emblem on the GBA was a top 10 gaming experience for me of all time. I had a good friend in college from Hong Kong who was like a real life version of the Wizard. This kid had played like every good game that ever come out in English and Japanese (he taught himself Japanese by playing Final Fantasy and other rpgs). He was also the king of pirating but I didn't give a fuck about that shit back then. He told me that FE on the SNES was his favorite rpg when we were arguing over the best rpg ever (I had just played ChronoTrigger and could not imagine a better game, he insisted FE was better). I never played a FE game until it came out on the GBA and it just blew me away. I knew nothing about and only got it because the name stuck with me and I was curious about it after all these years. It obviously exceeded the hype. Much like seeing a hot girl naked for the first time, FE is one of the few things in life that is better than you imagined it to be. The game was so addictive I remember playing it many times until I just ran the battery out and had to plug it back in. The first time you play through a FE game is the best because you don't know shit about it and are figuring it out as a you go (like don't even use the leveled up tanks in the beginning of the game). You get it into and then you look up and like 8 hours have gone by. The strategy plus the decisions of whom to level up and watching whether it was worth it or not 10 chapters later was so amazing.

Draxal

Cajun is a "Waifu"?

Also this new nurse we hired would make chris.trejo proud; bomb booty, busted face.

I'm going to use Valkryia Chronicles as a reference here since you're fond of that game.

Who would you rather marry in Valkyria Chronicles, Rosie or Alice (or IS because that's obviously sega's intent to force you to marry your sister). And have the entire thread be either that, or bitching about scout rushing.

That's the fire emblem threads.

cajunator

Banned
What's a "Waifu"?

It originated from literally meaning "my wife" from a show where a teacher is talking about a picture of his wife. Heres video of that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AgDbAT56I0

but they pronounce it "mai waifu" and weebs latched onto that. then it became used to describe any anime girl (or game or even american animation or movie now)that someone had the most favor for and would marry if they could. Hence "waifu".
I use it as a joke sometimes but I usually just call the characters I like the best in a show the "best girl".

Sanjuro

Where I'm at in the Hudson Valley I actually see more Jets gear than Giants. Then again, most kids on my campus come up from Long Island.

I miss New York to a degree, it was always random.

The best day ever was the morning after the Celtics won the championship. I had a Celts shirt on. I hit some guys car, he owned a shop and gave me free breakfast, and ice cream whenever I wanted.

It made no sense.

Draxal

I miss New York to a degree, it was always random.

The best day ever was the morning after the Celtics won the championship. I had a Celts shirt on. I hit some guys car, he owned a shop and gave me free breakfast, and ice cream whenever I wanted.

It made no sense.

Its dependent on how the teams do as well. 86 caused a lot of nyg/mets fans otherwise split is usually giants/Yankees.

bionic77

Anime is way better than seeing posts from Pats fans.

And some anime is good. The stuff from Ghibli that I have seen has all been great.

Draxal

Well, yeah. That goes for anywhere. The hardcore still remain Giants/Yankees.

Those fans are still hardcore Mets/Giants fans. Back in the 70's when the NYG made the modern days Browns look like a model organization, it caused alot of fans to root for the Steelers/Boys and they've stayed loyal since. Annoying as shit (boys in particular here), but they didn't hop off.

In general, I think NYC is still bandwagon central for fandom sakewise.

Sanjuro

Those fans are still hardcore Mets/Giants fans. Back in the 70's when the NYG made the modern days Browns look like a model organization, it caused alot of fans to root for the Steelers/Boys and they've stayed loyal since. Annoying as shit (boys in particular here), but they didn't hop off.

In general, I think NYC is still bandwagon central for fandom sakewise.

Anywhere in the United States is bandwagon central. New York just has a higher population, and a more likelihood you'll run into actual fans, and shitty fans.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
2015 NFL mock draft: Why I picked D.J. Humphries for Lions

The 2015 SB Nation NFL writers mock draft is underway. Once again, I am serving as the Detroit Lions' general manager in this mock draft, and with the 23rd overall pick, I decided to select Florida offensive tackle D.J. Humphries.

Why Humphries? Three main factors led to this pick:

The 2015 SB Nation NFL writers mock draft is underway. Once again, I am serving as the Detroit Lions' general manager in this mock draft, and with the 23rd overall pick, I decided to select Florida offensive tackle D.J. Humphries.

Why Humphries? Three main factors led to this pick:

1. The offensive line needs to be better

Quite simply, the O-line needs an upgrade of some kind after their performance last season. That upgrade could come in the form of a new left tackle, new left guard and/or new right tackle depending on how the draft plays out. In this mock draft, based on the players available, I opted to make an upgrade at offensive tackle by taking Humphries. As Daniel Jeremiah said last month, Humphries has the potential to be a Day 1 starter at left tackle, and taking him would allow the Lions to move Riley Reiff to right tackle. In other words, adding Humphries would give the Lions the potential to upgrade two spots on the offensive line. And even if Humphries doesn't immediately start at left tackle, he could still find a starting spot somewhere on the offensive line as a rookie.

2. I feel pretty good about adding a defensive tackle in the second round

With Florida State's Eddie Goldman being the best available defensive tackle, I honestly feel better about my options in the second round than the first round. Rather than potentially reach for Goldman just to fill a need, I feel like defensive tackle can wait to be addressed. It remains to be seen if guys like Carl Davis, Michael Bennett and Xavier Cooper will still be on the board when the Lions' next pick comes around, but I just think there's better value in waiting on adding a defensive tackle based on how the first round has played out so far.

3. No players at other positions jumped out as worthwhile options

Although my focus was mainly on the offensive line and defensive tackle, I did give some serious thought to players at other positions. In particular, cornerbacks Jalen Collins and Kevin Johnson jumped out as intriguing options, and I also briefly thought about bolstering the pass rush with a defensive end like Owamagbe Odighizuwa. In the end, though, none of the players left at cornerback, defensive end, running back, wide receiver or any other position stood out as being more valuable than Humphries. This wasn't a situation where there was clearly a better player available at a position of lesser need. In my view, Humphries was the top player left on the board given his talent, his upside and his ability to improve the offensive line.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/4/1/8320375/2015-nfl-mock-draft-d-j-humphries-lions

Reading up on Humphries I would be ok with the pick but would he actually fall down to us? If he does I think we take him and add more depth.

I want us to take BPA sans LB. Whether that may be WR, RB, OL it doesn't matter just add a talented player who can make a difference day one.

Hopefully the extra work with Stafford with help Ebron get into the groove of things but IMO we should go RB or WR in the first three rounds.

I predict some sort of trade down by Mayhew in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to add an extra 5th round pick.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like Dragonball Z. Sue me.

Like I said before, animus and pillowfuckers back in the day told me "it wasn't real anime" so I'm probably safe.

yNiAAsZ.gif

And the Browns have TWO draft picks!! They about to get roasted af*

*By yours truly

:jnc

My emotions don't range as high as that dude's excitement haha

JABEE

Vinovich also refereed the Super Bowl!

“It obviously caught me off guard,” Vinovich said. “I’m not gonna say what the Ravens should or shouldn’t have done. I mean, the easiest thing [for them] to do would have been to call timeout and let them match up. Basically it was just a brilliant play on Bill Belichick’s part and it caught them off guard. That’s why you have to be able to think quickly. Not only did I say he’s not eligible, I said, ‘Do not cover 34 [Vereen].’ But the DBs were obviously confused. What’s going through my mind is, Can he do this legally? Was Vereen in the previous play? All these different things start going through my mind. Then I realize that going from eligible to ineligible, you don’t have to be out one play before. The other way, coming back ineligible to eligible, you have to be out of play. Now he can’t go back to eligible without going out for a play, which he did. Some of the stuff they throw at you, you just go, whoa. That’s the great part of officiating—it’s always changing. Someone’s gonna think of something different to do. But the play was legal, totally legal.”

This league is a sham.

Top Bottom