• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

yNiAAsZ.gif

And the Browns have TWO draft picks!! They about to get roasted af*

*By yours truly
You're always here for me. Basking in my happiness or eventual sadness :")

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So I was doing my daily Google Image search on Aaron Rodgers for #DisrespectThursday and noticed when you type in "Aaron", Aaron Hernandez is now ahead of Aaron Rodgers.

Dude its gaming side. Games are not worth that much discussion. The only use of that place is to get news (along with the videos, screenshots and previews that come with it). And as there seem to be less games coming out than in prior gens it is even less useful than before.

Speaking of FE, I never really got into the console versions of the game. I first got into it on the GBA*. I always preferred the handheld versions. Except the DS version all of the handheld games have been instant classics (and even the DS game was alright).

Everything you speak is the truth and your love of FE shows you to be a man of impeccable taste. Slap the name Fire Emblem on the box and I will buy the fuck out of that shit. I will continue doing so until I get tired of the gameplay or it stops being good. In the interim I agree that gaming nerds need to shut the fuck up about this game and find something better to complain about. Like why the fuck are states trying to make it legal to discriminate against gays. Shouldn't the legislature be more concerning about more important shit like investigating the Patriots and the NFL?

* Playing the first Fire Emblem on the GBA was a top 10 gaming experience for me of all time. I had a good friend in college from Hong Kong who was like a real life version of the Wizard. This kid had played like every good game that ever come out in English and Japanese (he taught himself Japanese by playing Final Fantasy and other rpgs). He was also the king of pirating but I didn't give a fuck about that shit back then. He told me that FE on the SNES was his favorite rpg when we were arguing over the best rpg ever (I had just played ChronoTrigger and could not imagine a better game, he insisted FE was better). I never played a FE game until it came out on the GBA and it just blew me away. I knew nothing about and only got it because the name stuck with me and I was curious about it after all these years. It obviously exceeded the hype. Much like seeing a hot girl naked for the first time, FE is one of the few things in life that is better than you imagined it to be. The game was so addictive I remember playing it many times until I just ran the battery out and had to plug it back in. The first time you play through a FE game is the best because you don't know shit about it and are figuring it out as a you go (like don't even use the leveled up tanks in the beginning of the game). You get it into and then you look up and like 8 hours have gone by. The strategy plus the decisions of whom to level up and watching whether it was worth it or not 10 chapters later was so amazing.
You're right, it's not worth it.

Your FE story is amazing and very similar to mine. FE on GBA changed my life. It was my first RPG ever and I had no idea what I was doing. Not sure any game will ever blow me away like that ever again.

I'm going to use Valkryia Chronicles as a reference here since you're fond of that game.

Who would you rather marry in Valkyria Chronicles, Rosie or Alice (or IS because that's obviously sega's intent to force you to marry your sister). And have the entire thread be either that, or bitching about scout rushing.

That's the fire emblem threads.
:jnc

This is a great post!

Speaking of fire emblem I just started my first one ever. Playing awakening when I have some free moments
You are a good man, I don't care what Randall says. :')

Going to Popeyes, everyone text me your orders
That's what I had for dinner!

#brothers

bionic77

You're right, it's not worth it.

Your FE story is amazing and very similar to mine. FE on GBA changed my life. It was my first RPG ever and I had no idea what I was doing. Not sure any game will ever blow me away like that ever again.
I feel very fortunate that I grew up with gaming because I got to experience so many of these experiences as they happened.

Super Mario Brothers seems so tame now, but it was a holy fuck what the fuck am I doing/seeing experience in 1984. I felt the same way about Half Life 2, Zelda64, and Metal Gear Solid in probably what will remain the greatest year of in gaming (1998). So many other experiences were like that (i.e. playing PES on PS2, NBA2k on DC, Mario 64, etc).

I can't think of a better and more addictive SRPG than Fire Emblem but I highly recommend that you give ChronoTrigger on the DS a try if you haven't already. I consider that and Super Metroid to be a few of the perfect video games that I have ever played. I am not sure how much of it was planned but the progression and build up in CT is amazing. It starts out slow as fuck but 5 hours later you are ready for some shit and it just keeps getting better...

zychi

Banned
Is FE GBA that good now? Like is it good enough to pass the test of time, or is it nostalgia? It's on Wii U VC right? May pick it up for something to play on Wii U

bionic77

Is FE GBA that good now? Like is it good enough to pass the test of time, or is it nostalgia? It's on Wii U VC right? May pick it up for something to play on Wii U
It is amazing.

I would recommend you play it on a handheld though. I could be biased but I feel it is more fun playing on a handheld. I guess the WiiU is kind of handheld (though I am just guessing as I don't have the system).

Draxal

Still good, production values aren't as strong as Awakening, but it's a very strong introduction to the series as it has a tutorial campaign.

zychi

Banned
It is amazing.

I would recommend you play it on a handheld though. I could be biased but I feel it is more fun playing on a handheld. I guess the WiiU is kind of handheld (though I am just guessing as I don't have the system).

I'd likely play it on the gamepad.

bionic77

Still good, production values aren't as strong as Awakening, but it's a very strong introduction to the series as it has a tutorial campaign.
Going to disagree.

It is a 2D game, but it has excellent 2D graphics. The animations for the fights are amazing and can really pump you up. Even the story graphics were pretty pleasing.

The only thing you could complain of would be the map graphics but they work perfectly and I had nothing to complain about them.

I feel very fortunate that I grew up with gaming because I got to experience so many of these experiences as they happened.

Super Mario Brothers seems so tame now, but it was a holy fuck what the fuck am I doing/seeing experience in 1984. I felt the same way about Half Life 2, Zelda64, and Metal Gear Solid in probably what will remain the greatest year of in gaming (1998). So many other experiences were like that (i.e. playing PES on PS2, NBA2k on DC, Mario 64, etc).

I can't think of a better and more addictive SRPG than Fire Emblem but I highly recommend that you give ChronoTrigger on the DS a try if you haven't already. I consider that and Super Metroid to be a few of the perfect video games that I have ever played. I am not sure how much of it was planned but the progression and build up in CT is amazing. It starts out slow as fuck but 5 hours later you are ready for some shit and it just keeps getting better...
I was pretty young during the NES/SNES era but I played a ton of the classics at my neighbor's place. We used to play stuff like Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter II, Yoshi's Island, and Donkey Kong Country for hours on end. SNES especially is one of the best gaming consoles ever.

I also love that I have grown up with gaming, even if I was a little young when it really took off in the late 80's and early 90's.

I played Super Metroid all the way through for the first time earlier this year. It's still a phenomenal game. I also love many of the classics it spawned like Zero Mission and Fusion on the GBA, and even the six amazing Castlevania games on GBA/DS. I have played Chrono Trigger and own it on DS but sadly I have never finished it. I'm not even sure why I think it's just that I used to be awful at finishing JRPG's. I plan on fixing that one day soon!

Draxal

Going to disagree.

It is a 2D game, but it has excellent 2D graphics. The animations for the fights are amazing and can really pump you up. Even the story graphics were pretty pleasing.

The only thing you could complain of would be the map graphics but they work perfectly and I had nothing to complain about them.

The ui is pretty garish, and some of the systems aren't very done well (hi supports), I think production values are the strongest part of Awakening, has it's ui was actually pretty sharp for a srpg.

FE does have much better map design than Awakening and a better story (but it's still a jrpg story so don't expect anything better than that).

bionic77

I was pretty young during the NES/SNES era but I played a ton of the classics at my neighbor's place. We used to play stuff like Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter II, Yoshi's Island, and Donkey Kong Country for hours on end. SNES especially is one of the best gaming consoles ever.

I also love that I have grown up with gaming, even if I was a little young when it really took off in the late 80's and early 90's.

I played Super Metroid all the way through for the first time earlier this year. It's still a phenomenal game. I also love many of the classics it spawned like Zero Mission and Fusion on the GBA, and even the six amazing Castlevania games on GBA/DS. I have played Chrono Trigger and own it on DS but sadly I have never finished it. I'm not even sure why I think it's just that I used to be awful at finishing JRPG's. I plan on fixing that one day soon!
Don't get me started on Super Metroid. I played that during my summer for Freshman year in college and I was so addicted to that game that i did little else for a solid month. I was into speed running that motherfucker before I knew what that was. I was just obsessed with finishing the game as quickly as possible (right after my prior obsession with getting every item in the game).

I wonder if that games quality was planned or luck. Whatever it was it came out fucking perfect. It was shocking to me how good you could get at that game. You could get to the point where you are almost unhittable and could literally flying though levels (even before the powerups, you just had to be a G). I think that was the peak of my gaming powers. In college I could get though Ninja Gaiden 2 and Castlevania 1 without getting hit. My only weakness was ghosts and goblins. Jesus Christ that game was hard as shit. Could never clear the second to last level.

Don't get me started on Super Metroid. I played that during my summer for Freshman year in college and I was so addicted to that game that i did little else for a solid month. I was into speed running that motherfucker before I knew what that was. I was just obsessed with finishing the game as quickly as possible (right after my prior obsession with getting every item in the game).

I wonder if that games quality was planned or luck. Whatever it was it came out fucking perfect. It was shocking to me how good you could get at that game. You could get to the point where you are almost unhittable and could literally flying though levels (even before the powerups, you just had to be a G). I think that was the peak of my gaming powers. In college I could get though Ninja Gaiden 2 and Castlevania 1 without getting hit. My only weakness was ghosts and goblins. Jesus Christ that game was hard as shit. Could never clear the second to last level.
Castlevania 1 gets to be a real bitch! You think you could still destroy it today if you took some time to warm up?

It is amazing.

Wii U is the only legitimate option. Was a big deal when Nintendo finally put it up on the VC. All the carts out there are counterfeit.

bionic77

Castlevania 1 gets to be a real bitch! You think you could still destroy it today if you took some time to warm up?
Yes. I still remember almost all of it.

The reaper and the stage for Dracula are the only parts that would give me a problem. The rest is pretty easy once you know what to do.

:

That's what I had for dinner!

#brothers

#Strongertogether

Meatballs, lettuce, tomatoes, green olives, black olives, hot peppers, jalapeno and mustard.

smh

Why are you taking orders?

That's White Bread's job

I'm disrespecting his job

#DisrespectThurdsay

Fuck you bread!

Am I too late?

Sorry friend maybe next time :(

8 spicy mix, with mash, coleslaw, and biscuits.

Done you're going to have to come pick it up though

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
According to a report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the Cleveland Browns are “90 percent done with Manziel.

“I think about 90 percent that they have moved on [from Manziel] in their own minds except that they really don’t know who they’re going to get when Johnny leaves rehab, which has been an extended stay — a two-month stay. He should be getting out sometime in the first week of April if they’re satisfied that he’s ready to go out and get into society and that whatever deep-rooted problems that he had has been addressed. OK, now he’s part of your depth chart. You have Josh McCown.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20

Arc

Super Mario 64 on Wii U is a really great port. Time to finally beat this game, my kid self could never do it (or Donkey Kong 64 for that matter).

Super Mario 64 on Wii U is a really great port. Time to finally beat this game, my kid self could never do it (or Donkey Kong 64 for that matter).
I remember this one banana I couldn't get with Diddy. Can't remember the stage but you had to shot these 3 switches behind a fan. I remember not being able to do it when I first got the game but when I replayed got it finally being able to get the 201 bananas. Yeah I'm going to get that when it comes out.

Top Bottom