• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Talon

I don't like this story.

In my mind eznark buys what he wants and if his wife questions it then she gets some kind of horrible Sconi punishment.

It is the opposite at my house. I am usually yelling at my wife for spending too much money on a skirt or another fucking purse. How many pairs of shoes and purses does someone need?
My girlfriend doesn't like expensive purses and shoes.

It's horrible.

brentech

Honestly, it's totally worth it to never have to see a bill. I have literally zero idea how much any of our utilities cost and have exactly that much interest in knowing.

I guess I relish knowing all the details. My wife doesn't care as long as bank accounts sound nice. She orders shit from Sephora like it's going out of style. So if she ever gives me slack for a purchase, I always have that to fall back on.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It'll be interesting if Sony comes out with "used games work same as before".

That's a selling point the average consumer could appreciate. It still remains a possibility that the Xbone used games process could absolutely blow up in Microsoft's face.

bionic77

I am really excited to see what they are doing with Mario on the WiiU. The Galaxy games were fantastic so topping them will be hard to do. I definitely have faith in Nintendo's first party studios though.
Again that optimism.

I am expecting Sunshine part 2.

I can't see them or anyone topping Galaxy for a long time.

Milchjon

It'll be interesting if Sony comes out with "used games work same as before".

That's a selling point the average consumer could appreciate. It still remains a possibility that the Xbone used games process could absolutely blow up in Microsoft's face.

I still think that's a step that one competitor can't make alone, unless they have a very convincing product otherwise. Plus, I'm sure publishers will react accordingly.

eznark

Banned
My girlfriend doesn't like expensive purses and shoes.

It's horrible.

My wife likes expensive shoes, but it's running shoes. Fucking marathon runners go through like a pair of shoes a month. It's ridiculous but at least it's not something idiotic like purses.

bionic77

I loved Sunshine so I wouldnt be upset at all if the new game was that good.
The physics and gameplay were awesome, but the game felt unfinished to me. Kind of like Wind Waker. Like it was 80% done, but a couple of things felt a little rushed (like the Bowser fight, the roller coaster, the fishing thing in Zelda, etc.).

Or maybe I just expect too much from a Mario game.

Milchjon

The physics and gameplay were awesome, but the game felt unfinished to me. Kind of like Wind Waker. Like it was 80% done, but a couple of things felt a little rushed (like the Bowser fight, the roller coaster, the fishing thing in Zelda, etc.).

Dude, spoiler!

I think I just really liked the challenge. I got every star in that game and it felt like way more of an accomplishment then getting every star in 64. I miss that about Mario games, I loved that they used to be really difficult. I hope they go back to that on the WiiU.

I think I just really liked the challenge. I got every star in that game and it felt like way more of an accomplishment then getting every star in 64. I miss that about Mario games, I loved that they used to be really difficult. I hope they go back to that on the WiiU.
Did you play 3D Land? Getting all the star coins in that game was a nice challenge (the second half of it, anyway) and the final final level was a true test of skill, especially without the Tanooki suit. I probably died 100 times on it before I finally beat it.

bionic77

It is a gift.
Our women need to hang out.

You run a horrible risk of your GF getting into expensive fashion bullshit and ruining your finances, but there is also a small chance that your girl can convert mine into not caring about that shit as much.

Lets do it!

Talon

Our women need to hang out.

You run a horrible risk of your GF getting into expensive fashion bullshit and ruining your finances, but there is also a small chance that your girl can convert mine into not caring about that shit as much.

Lets do it!
It's funny because we've hung out with one of my best friends from school, who is totally materialistic and only carries Kate Spade and Marc by Marc Jacobs and up.

And then my girlfriend doesn't even carry a purse because she has everything she needs in a cheap wristlet she got from High School.

But it does suck come holidays because it's hard to find presents for her because she literally believes (not just says) that she doesn't need anything.

I didn't even mention jewelry, which is clearly the result of a collaboration between Satan and the New England Patriots.
Mother's Day at my house, bro

itmHYILpa3EV1.jpg

...and yeah this is what my wife is into.

Did you play 3D Land? Getting all the star coins in that game was a nice challenge (the second half of it, anyway) and the final final level was a true test of skill, especially without the Tanooki suit. I probably died 100 times on it before I finally beat it.

I only played a little bit of it, but it is definitely on my list of games to play this summer. Ever since Disgaea 3 came out for the vita I havent played anything else. I am hundreds of hours in and I still havent platinumed it. It is probably the most addicting game I have ever played.

Gaudy jewelry? How fun! =\
Gaudy and expensive. I don't even pick it out - I just take her to the store cause my taste in jewelry is completely the opposite of hers. She amusingly asks my opinion on it at times and I just give her the "I'm not wearing it, you are" look. ;)

This is what I got as my early Father's Day pesent though on that same day:

brentech

I only played a little bit of it, but it is definitely on my list of games to play this summer. Ever since Disgaea 3 came out for the vita I havent played anything else. I am hundreds of hours in and I still havent platinumed it. It is probably the most addicting game I have ever played.
Hrm, think I got that free with PS+ recently, but haven't tried it. Looked a little too Japanese for my taste. I'll have to look it over again on youtube
Gaudy and expensive. I don't even pick it out - I just take her to the store cause my taste in jewelry is completely the opposite of hers. She amusingly asks my opinion on it at times and I just her the "I'm not wearing it, you are" look. ;)

Yea. Luckily my wife isn't into gold. Everything of hers is white gold or silver. Other than one piece which was a inherited gem on a gold chain.
I don't wear watches often, but I have a citizen eco drive watch. Nice and basic, white face.

Fantomex

Gaudy and expensive. I don't even pick it out - I just take her to the store cause my taste in jewelry is completely the opposite of hers. She amusingly asks my opinion on it at times and I just her the "I'm not wearing it, you are" look. ;)

That's a nice watch. Did you have to haggle at the swap meet of did they take the $50 on the first offer?

Hrm, think I got that free with PS+ recently, but haven't tried it. Looked a little too Japanese for my taste. I'll have to look it over again on youtube

The story is laughably bad. I skip all that stuff but the combat is super deep and really fun. Most RPG's try to shackle players so that they cant get so powerful that they break the game. This goes totally in the opposite direction. You can build characters that can easily do in the billions of damage. By the time you are halfway through the game you can basically destroy anything if you take the time to level up your party.

Godslay

Banned
Quoting this so you know I saw it, and so I can look at it more later...

In general, I'm not too worried about scaling this up to support thousands of clients -- Microsoft has been working on this stuff for years
and so have I
. Scaling is all about picking algorithms that scale, and building the infrastructure to support it.

Sony, OTOH, will probably have major problems doing this successfully.

Nice. I know we have similar backgrounds, but I just get to work on plain old C# code :(.

CRUD for days!

I still love my job.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Breaking news from the bionic household!

Smith, 44, began arguing with his wife at their Hixson home over his son attending a birthday party, according to the report. As a result of the argument, Smith’s wife, 39-year-old Ginny Smith, cut up family pictures and stabbed two Pittsburgh Steelers footballs that belonged to him because she was angry. She faces a charge of vandalism, the report states.

Smith’s wife told an investigator that he came over to where she was sitting and grabbed her around the neck and began strangling her. He then reportedly pushed her back while saying, “If I am going down, it will be for something good. I might as well kill you.”

bionic77

Yeah, I'm young and I'm already developing an addiction to watches (thankfully I have the job to support it). These are the first two of my collection:
I have a Tag and Movado (and a old Fossil and Swatch watch). The Movado was a gift but I never liked it and it just sits in its box in my drawer. I used to always wear the Tag but my daughter threw it against the wall like a year ago and it hasn't worked since. Got an estimate to get it fixed and it was a lot.

Might get another one after a year or two when they are older but for now I actually have gotten used to not wearing a watch and I might keep it that way.

That guy gets it.
All smart people think that way.

Thats why prisons are full of stupid people.

I'm past my watch addiction. Smartphone took over my need to constantly know the time and now I consider a watch superfluous.

My addiction is jackets. I have about 15 off them.

Any other Packer fans here feeling a little nervous about the approaching season? I have seen us lose a lot of players and I am hoping that it isn't going to end up hurting us. Wouldn't surprise me too much if we got close to losing the division this year to the Vikings. I hope I am wrong however. For now I am just ready to see the season start up and to go to the Raven/Packer game in October.

MechDX

Bought a solid oak, slate top pool table two years ago for $250. Finally being assembled today. I procrastinate too much.

Top Bottom