• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Darkest have you played sleeping dogs? I think that game does a lot of the same things but did them much better. I liked the story/location way more, and it also did a good job keeping the missions short enough that it wasnt to tedious if you died and had to retry them.
Yeah man, I love Sleeping Dogs. I think it has better characters, combat, and writing than GTA IV but I liked GTA IV's overall story and world a little more. I'm not sure which game I'd prefer overall, but it's kind of hard to compare them because of how much older GTA IV is.

My favorite part of Sleeping Dogs was the last mission. That game had such a satisfying ending.

No one has ever claimed Fatford is lazy. He just lacks self control.

Yeah I guess that is true. Have people called Freeman lazy? I know a lot of reports came out about Sanchize being lazy and not putting in the work, but you really dont hear that about many QBs. I guess if Freeman is lazy that would explain why Schiano is trying to motivate him through the media so much.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I guess that is true. Have people called Freeman lazy? I know a lot of reports came out about Sanchize being lazy and not putting in the work, but you really dont hear that about many QBs. I guess if Freeman is lazy that would explain why Schiano is trying to motivate him through the media so much.

Back when the Buccaneers were still "youngry" he was thought of as incredibly lazy. Loafed and hot dogged in practice and fell asleep in meetings.

Wrayfield

He's got a great appetite for the game.

bionic77

Back when the Buccaneers were still "youngry" he was thought of as incredibly lazy. Loafed and hot dogged in practice and fell asleep in meetings.
Ben has been to 3 Superbowls using that method. Was Brent a hard worker in practice? I can't imagine he was.

Hard work is overrated.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ben has been to 3 Superbowls using that method. Was Brent a hard worker in practice? I can't imagine he was.

Hard work is overrated.

Ehhh, imagine if Brent threw half as many interceptions because he paid attention and learned how to really read a defense. Green Bay would have done loads better.

eznark

Banned

Hard work is overrated.

Yeah he busted ass in practice. He also broke a lot of people's fingers. In film study he just slept though because he didn't understand it.

I remember hearing when he was with the Falcons that he would show up drunk to team meetings. I really wonder how great he could have been if he had Payton Mannings drive and knowledge of the game.

bionic77

I remember hearing when he was with the Falcons that he would show up drunk to team meetings. I really wonder how great he could have been if he had Payton Mannings drive and knowledge of the game.
You can't have everything.

Manning might have been a better player if he was a little tougher (mentally and physically), more athletic and willing to take more chances.

Who will have the better season as a second year starter --- Kaep or Tannehill?

My heart says Tannehill but my mind says Tannehill... so I think I'll go with Tannehill.

bionic77

0-1 incl. the greatest almost comeback ever.
Tammy didn't comeback all the way though so it was just Kolb style garbage time points and yards.

The greatest comeback that didn't happen was Ben's crazy comeback against the Jags in the playoffs. It was either 21 or 28 and it would be the playoff record if we had done it. We could not hold onto to the lead at the end of the game and lost in the worst way possible when Garrard did the slowest qb draw of all time.

Besides eating some rat he caught in the swamp I guarantee this was the best day of Gata's life.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Job openings far away have been unwilling to do phone interviews for me.

Get a call from a local opening that is a phone interview.

Job hunting is weird.

Which one plays for a pathetic franchise with Ireland as GM?
Neither. You can't fool me with your trick questions.

another new The Black Dahlia Murder song! hopefully they don't release any more before the CD drops because that's already 3 of 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch29FTTq_iI

p.s. Kap sucks
Yeah man, I saw that on my Facebook this morning! I actually haven't listened to any of the tracks they've released though, I think I might just save them all for when the album hits. What are your thoughts on what you've heard so far?

Greg

Yeah man, I saw that on my Facebook this morning! I actually haven't listened to any of the tracks they've released though, I think I might just save them all for when the album hits. What are your thoughts on what you've heard so far?
Yeah, saving them is probably a good idea.

The first one reminds me of something off Ritual, the second one Deflorate, and this latest one is more in line with Nocturnal. All have been a pretty nice mixture throughout though.

Yeah, saving them is probably a good idea.

The first one reminds me of something off Ritual, the second one Deflorate, and this latest one is more in line with Nocturnal. All have been a pretty nice mixture throughout though.
Sounds good, nice to hear that they haven't changed their style too much. I'm still listening to that Arsis album from time to time, I've come to the point where I'd say that's one of my favorite metal albums of the past few years now. When I think about my favorite style of metal (and probably music in general) that album is a near perfect example of it.

Also music related, the new Daft Punk album is pretty enjoyable (as NFL-GAF led me to believe a week or two ago). My favorite song is probably Contact, I love how atmospheric it is and the drums are just so fun to listen to.

Greg

Sounds good, nice to hear that they haven't changed their style too much. I'm still listening to that Arsis album from time to time, I've come to the point where I'd say that's one of my favorite metal albums of the past few years now. When I think about my favorite style of metal (and probably music in general) that album is a near perfect example of it.

Also music related, the new Daft Punk album is pretty enjoyable (as NFL-GAF led me to believe a week or two ago). My favorite song is probably Contact, I love how atmospheric it is and the drums are just so fun to listen to.
Yeah, Arsis in general usually has that perfect mix of melody, technicality and heaviness for me.

And the production on the new Daft Punk makes me happy. So easy on the ears.

Fantomex

My favorite too, it's just so good. A continuation of the Tron soundtrack which I loved.
9aocv7k4uv3.gif

ChanHuk

Banned
I made green juice for breakfast, its nowhere near as delicious as Irish coffee. Kale, parsley, ginger, lemon, granny smith apple. Its green........really green...............I don't think my kidneys/liver can handle this stuff that doesn't kill it.

bionic77

I made green juice for breakfast, its nowhere near as delicious as Irish coffee. Kale, parsley, ginger, lemon, granny smith apple. Its green........really green...............I don't think my kidneys/liver can handle this stuff that doesn't kill it.
Your colon will probably thank you for it.

I have never been a juice guy. I think there is more benefit from eating the greens and fruits instead of drinking them.

ChanHuk

Banned
Your colon will probably thank you for it.

I have never been a juice guy. I think there is more benefit from eating the greens and fruits instead of drinking them.

Juice your greens, eat your fruits. I like salads and all but I'm not eating a bundle of kale in one sitting. Best way to go probably is smoothies, actually I have a mother fuckin Vitamix, why didn't I use that?

Top Bottom