• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

New Page. Pats suck.

KJMfhfE.gif

Stop posting the truncated buttfumble. You have to show the part where Sanchez buries his head in the turf like an Ostrich after he fumbles the ball. It completes the story.

bionic77

Who else saw Skyfall? I saw that last weekend and man that movie was a huge turd. Beautiful to look at, but everything else about it sucked.

I think I might be off of Bond movies again.

ChanHuk

Banned
Who else saw Skyfall? I saw that last weekend and man that movie was a huge turd. Beautiful to look at, but everything else about it sucked.

You didn't like Skyfall? You're getting up there with Pats fans.

Fantomex

You thought skyfall sucked? I mean I understand when people say "not for me". But a turd?
dylan.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Yes. Your body just pisses out the excess though.

Yeah you can have too much vitamin C, you're just pissing it all out anyway so its not toxic. You can have too much fat soluble vitamins, that's actually toxic.

Ok cause I had 4 today because I usually drink 4 32 oz waters during work and this sugar free orange was tasty as fuck so that means i had 1000% lol

Also whats a fat soluble vitamin

Milchjon

original.jpg

at least Urlacher groped fake 40 year old boobs. Gronk is a sexual predator.

Look at the picture. He gets assaulted sexually, it's not like his cheek tries to smooch her lips.

Poor Gronk, everyone is plotting to either put him in jail or in the wheel chair. He's just too pure for this rotten world.

ChanHuk

Banned
Ok cause I had 4 today because I usually drink 4 32 oz waters during work and this sugar free orange was tasty as fuck so that means i had 1000% lol

Also whats a fat soluble vitamin

A, D, E, K. They're stored in your fat unlike the water soluble vitamins.

Greg

I haven't watched a movie in forever. Although for the past week while I eat dinner, the same scene in Troy has been on every time.

bionic77

I haven't watched a movie in forever. Although for the past week while I eat dinner, the same scene in Troy has been on every time.
I never get time to watch movies, but I plan to make an exception for Star Trek.

Would love to see Fast 6 and Superman, but that is never going to happen!

Greg

I never get time to watch movies, but I plan to make an exception for Star Trek.

Would love to see Fast 6 and Superman, but that is never going to happen!
I just wait for movies to show up on demand, and when that time comes I forget I was even interested.

bionic77

I just wait for movies to show up on demand, and when that time comes I forget I was even interested.
I actually love watching a good movie in the theater. Even with a 55" screen and Bluray it still does not compare.

I just don't have time for it anymore and I end up renting them from RedBox and watching them late at night after the kids are asleep.

Greg

I actually love watching a good movie in the theater. Even with a 55" screen and Bluray it still does not compare.

I just don't have time for it anymore and I end up renting them from RedBox and watching them late at night after the kids are asleep.
Do you have a decent sound system? That's always the difference maker for me.

I don't have anything good, so the theater is always the superior environment if the crowd isn't bad, but my one brother has a nice sound setup at his house and I'd prefer that over the theater.

Look at the picture. He gets assaulted sexually, it's not like his cheek tries to smooch her lips.

Poor Gronk, everyone is plotting to either put him in jail or in the wheel chair. He's just too pure for this rotten world.
Pure as the yellow driven snow.

That girl should get checked out. No telling how many STD's Gronk had at that time.

Draxal

Stop posting the truncated buttfumble. You have to show the part where Sanchez buries his head in the turf like an Ostrich after he fumbles the ball. It completes the story.

Wildcat Sanchez vs the Bills doesn't get enough love. The flinch; the laugh; the holding penalty. It also has it all.

WedgeX

Banned
Pictures of football, even OTAs, make me happy.

Reggie Bush is trying his best to be the new avatar for Kas.

ibbJ1H8bnDTCm.jpg

Of course, Stafford and Reggie can try together.

ibba4aUFuH306c.jpg

And I'm saving this for a future avatar bet. Jonte Green, wearing those old track short shorts.

ibeSjj5vBOkTIu.jpg

BigAT

Former Giants WR Steve Smith is retiring today after just six seasons in the NFL. Pretty crazy the roller coaster his career took. Beginning with a Super Bowl victory with the Giants, a 100 reception season and an appearance in the Pro Bowl, then a bad knee injury that resulted in him bouncing around the league and struggling to even get on the field. It's pretty depressing to see the dive he took and an important reminder of just how quickly a single injury can effectively end a player's career.

I have to wonder a bit if things might have been different at all if he accepted the Giants' small contract offer coming off his injury and stayed within their system. Probably not, given his inability to see the field with Philly, St. Louis and Tampa Bay, but who knows.

Talon

If he wasn't able to see the field with St. Louis and Tampa...he wasn't sticking with the Giants.

It's a damn shame. Knee injuries, man. Fuck turf...and fluke slips/stops.

Milchjon

I hope I don't have my dad's knees.

My dad has had surgery on both knees (meniscus). My brother, who has always played a lot of soccer, had to do the same (in his late teens/early twenties). I think I'll be next. Only thing that can save me is absolutely no sports, I guess (not a doctor's diagnosis, just my own impeccable logic).

I really use to many of these things (brackets).

BigAT

If he wasn't able to see the field with St. Louis and Tampa...he wasn't sticking with the Giants.

It's a damn shame. Knee injuries, man. Fuck turf...and fluke slips/stops.

You're probably right, but the Giants run some complex run and shoot concepts with their wide receivers that allow intelligent receivers that are good route runners to succeed where they might not in other systems. Smith was never known for his athleticism even when he was healthy, he might have been able to have limited success based on their system and his prior experience with it.

OH WELL WE GOT CRUZ INSTEAD WHO CARES

bionic77

I hope I don't have my dad's knees.
I have a bad knee.

I have no pain 10+ years from the reconstruction of the ACL but it was never the same.

Really only affects you during sports though.

If you play sports you can't totally protect yourself from it but stretch as much as possible to minimize it happening.

Lol, Steelers got shit on in the Super Bowl by the worst defense in the history of the world. At least you didn't then get shit on by Tim Tebow.
We never played the Patriots in the SB.

And when we played you guys your defense was good for that one year.

Striker

Former Giants WR Steve Smith is retiring today after just six seasons in the NFL. Pretty crazy the roller coaster his career took. Beginning with a Super Bowl victory with the Giants, a 100 reception season and an appearance in the Pro Bowl, then a bad knee injury that resulted in him bouncing around the league and struggling to even get on the field. It's pretty depressing to see the dive he took and an important reminder of just how quickly a single injury can effectively end a player's career.

I have to wonder a bit if things might have been different at all if he accepted the Giants' small contract offer coming off his injury and stayed within their system. Probably not, given his inability to see the field with Philly, St. Louis and Tampa Bay, but who knows.
His agent fucked up his career. Should have returned or at least, if he decided to go to Philly, sat on PUP and not rushed his knee back. He's been injured ever since he left.

At least he got a ring in his short career, and had a big play in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBh6Y3Rp73c

Milchjon

I have a bad knee.

I have no pain 10+ years from the reconstruction of the ACL but it was never the same.

Really only affects you during sports though.

If you play sports you can't totally protect yourself from it but stretch as much as possible to minimize it happening.

Can your son dunk on you yet?

Talon

His agent fucked up his career. Should have returned or at least, if he decided to go to Philly, sat on PUP and not rushed his knee back. He's been injured ever since he left.

At least he got a ring in his short career, and had a big play in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBh6Y3Rp73c
I like when Jaworski talks about NFL route concepts as if they're rocket science*, then we see teams revert to these clearouts that are used at every level of the game for crucial third down plays.

*For the record, of course I understand that the elite passing offenses in this league are very complicated. At the end of the day, they're all about getting players in space. The difference is that the space is miniscule in the NFL compared to the college game.

The falcons could really be dangerous again this season with Jackson in the backfield. I've got a ton of respect for how hard that guy runs. He seems so consistent year to year.

bionic77

Especially when he's hailed as the next Michael Jordan.
Low blow...

How easy is life if you are 6'9" or taller and are athletic and can dunk? You are pretty much guaranteed to play in the NBA and if you can rebound and play defense you will have a long career as well. If you can score you will be a celebrity and worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Crazy. Smart guy and a great route runner when he was healthy. Though it was filthy seeing him an Eagles uni, I was hoping he'd find some success elsewhere. Good guy, too. Always pleasant to the fans and active in social media when he was with Big Blue.

BigAT

Also rejected a rather nice contract offer when he was healthy:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Steve Smith once reportedly rejected a five-year, $35M offer with $15M guaranteed from #NYG. Hurt his knee months later. Was never the same.

jakncoke

Banned
Also rejected a rather nice contract offer when he was healthy:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Steve Smith once reportedly rejected a five-year, $35M offer with $15M guaranteed from #NYG. Hurt his knee months later. Was never the same.

wow..

brentech

This is the most EZ has posted in weeks! At least it seems that way.

It's just a big swing from your during season posting and draft time to no news territory.

Top Bottom