• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Enforcing remote play hurts, making it an option helps the PS4.

I am not seeing how enforcing remote play hurts at all. It was a neat idea this gen but hardly any games supported it. Building it into the PS4 means every game will support it t no cost to the devs. This sounds like a huge win for gamers. If you dont own a vita then it doesnt affect you at all, and if you own a vita you can now play any PS4 game even when you are away from your PS4. I am really curious what part of it you feel is bad.

You guys need to stop caring about sales, review scores, and the Patriots.

I stopped giving a fuck about review scores a long time ago. I only look to see what posters I know say about a game. I have played games since the early 80s which gives me about 20 years more experience than the majority of people who review games "professionally".

Also, I was watching some of Star Wars on the weekend and my God does that movie hold up in every fucking way possible. How is possible that a trilogy made before most of you were born still looks so fucking good. I honestly think the effects in Star Wars look better than most movies today. Just a perfect series. I can't wait for Disney to release the ultimate OG edition without any of that bullshit Lucas added so I can show it to my kids in 3-4 years.

What new games has Square released for iOS? They are just ports of 20 year old game that they charge $10 for. My point is that it is really expensive to create content for a kickass game and I don't see the business proposition of companies getting that money back in the app market, which is made for freebies and cheap shit. Let me know when something is released on iOS with as much content as a GBA game and is profitable and then I will take it seriously.

You do know that George Lucas has claimed to have destroyed the masters for the original editions of episodes 4,5, and 6? Supposedly the only versions left are the horrible enhanced ones. I would pay huge money for a blu-ray set of all 3 Star Wars movies without the extra garbage. I dont think we will ever get it though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I gave my og Star Wars vhs tapes to my nephews for Christmas. One day, they'll appreciate my sacrifice.
I don't have a vcr.

Good news guys. The Vikings have brought in NFL legend Jeff George to mentor Christian Ponder during OTAs.

Bad news slo. George is just there to laugh at Ponder's arm or lack thereof.

Draxal

I am not seeing how enforcing remote play hurts at all. It was a neat idea this gen but hardly any games supported it. Building it into the PS4 means every game will support it t no cost to the devs. This sounds like a huge win for gamers. If you dont own a vita then it doesnt affect you at all, and if you own a vita you can now play any PS4 game even when you are away from your PS4. I am really curious what part of it you feel is bad.

It's an oppurtunity cost (can't release ports of games on vita since they already have it on the 4), and some developers will go above and beyond to support the remote play feature compared to others; and the others will be called lazy.

This ends up basicaly making the vita a 250 dollar periphal.

You do know that George Lucas has claimed to have destroyed the masters for the original editions of episodes 4,5, and 6? Supposedly the only versions left are the horrible enhanced ones. I would pay huge money for a blu-ray set of all 3 Star Wars movies without the extra garbage. I dont think we will ever get it though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443921&highlight=despecialized+edition

You can stop giving a shit about waiting for Lucas or Disney right there. I've no want or need to buy another fucked edition of those movies ever again. If they release them proper on BD, I'll be there. If not, I'm good.;)

bionic77

Did not know that.

But still I am sure it is feasible. I mean it makes so much sense. Another way to get nerds to spend $50 on the trilogy. Ideally they would make an option for you to see the updated crap Lucas wanted inserted or to just hit a button and watch it the way it was originally done (would also be a great way to test people's IQ and taste) but I am sure that Disney is going to just release a new version.

At worst I can always fast forward the shit parts and close my kids eyes at the end when they show Anakin's face...

The MLB steroids thread got me to thinking - what's Goddell's motive for wanting to institute HGH testing? Only thing I can think of is that the NFL doesn't want players doubling back and suing them for allowing them to abuse their bodies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The MLB steroids thread got me to thinking - what's Goddell's motive for wanting to institute HGH testing? Only thing I can think of is that the NFL doesn't want players doubling back and suing them for allowing them to abuse their bodies.

Because congressional hearings.

Did not know that.

But still I am sure it is feasible. I mean it makes so much sense. Another way to get nerds to spend $50 on the trilogy. Ideally they would make an option for you to see the updated crap Lucas wanted inserted or to just hit a button and watch it the way it was originally done (would also be a great way to test people's IQ and taste) but I am sure that Disney is going to just release a new version.

At worst I can always fast forward the shit parts and close my kids eyes at the end when they show Anakin's face...

The worst change of all is putting Aniken from the prequels into RotJ as the "ghost" at the end. I still dont even understand that. The other "ghosts" are they way that Yoda and Obi-wan looked when they died. It literally makes no sense for Anikens "ghost" to revert back like 50 years.

FV thanks for the link to that thread. I will have to look into that. I am really itching to watch Star Wars again but I dont want to see Han step on Jabba's tail or any of that other shit.

Slo

Bad news slo. George is just there to laugh at Ponder's arm or lack thereof.

I can't imagine what he has to offer. "He's the deal Christian, when times get tough, just lean on that back foot and huck that fucker. Just sling it and it'll work out some of the time."

FV thanks for the link to that thread. I will have to look into that. I am really itching to watch Star Wars again but I dont want to see Han step on Jabba's tail or any of that other shit.

That was so fucking stupid. Jabba has a price on my head, let me start some shit for no reason by stepping on his tail.

bionic77

The worst change of all is putting Aniken from the prequels into RotJ as the "ghost" at the end. I still dont even understand that. The other "ghosts" are they way that Yoda and Obi-wan looked when they died. It literally makes no sense for Anikens "ghost" to revert back like 50 years.

I also hated the horrible singing and dancing shit they added in.

Also :lol @ bringing in George as a mentor. The guy who dumb as shit and all talent. All he is going to impress on Ponder is how much stronger his arm is and how much bigger his penis is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvgLhfMI-Vg
Watch that fucker zip it like 40 yards down the field across his body! He has more zip on that ball than most qb's do when they step into a throw.

You'll be surprised by the quality that was put together for those Despecialized Editions. It took a bit of searching to find them but they were worth it. To have Star Wars in HD as they were when I saw them as a kid is a wonderful thing.

I watched Empire last month and just having Vader blurt out that pissed off "Bring my shuttle" after he loses Luke was perfection:). None of that "Alert my Star Destroyer...blah blah blah let me beat you over the head and show you how Vader made it back" bullshit. One of the most unnecessary changes to a damn near perfect movie. That is of course until he added the "NOOO" yell to Vader in Jedi (LOL).

Dragon

Banned
If Sony cannot control their studios then they have a much bigger problem than the success of the Vita.

Insomniac wasn't owned by Sony though. I am actually glad they're not forcing their studios into doing Vita games. The products would be inferior and really I'm not sure how much the sales impact would be if at all.

Its going to be so hilarious seeing all of these people who are ripping MS buy the Xbone at launch later this year.

If you go by the gaming side MS will be lucky to sell 4 XB1s this year. I remember people freaking out when the wii name ans specs came out, saying that it was doomed, but they have turned that up 1000% for the XB1. People actively hate that console and want it to fail.

Canceled their post E3 press conference, and there is a rumor that they might have to lower the XB1's clockspeed due to lower then expected yields.
Utter non-issue. Most of these journalists already know what's coming for E3 outside of a few surprises anyways. People are just eager to spin it as Microsoft not wanting to answer questions, etc.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Utter non-issue. Most of these journalists already know what's coming for E3 outside of a few surprises anyways. People are just eager to spin it as Microsoft not wanting to answer questions, etc.

It's not the games, it's the drm. And no, I don't think they want to answer questions about it.

How is it a non issue? Now maybe ms has something else planned but right now it looks like they don't want further fallout from whatever is coming at e3

How is it a non issue? Now maybe ms has something else planned but right now it looks like they don't want further fallout from whatever is coming at e3

I dont think it is E3 fallout they are afraid of. I think they just want people to talk about the games and no DRM, and if they have a press conference every question is going to be about DRM. I dont think either company talks about their DRM plans at E3.

bionic77

If Microsoft shows games at E3 that people want to play, people will buy it.
Gamers are weak and will take what the companies give them. It is easy to act tough on the internet, but once their friends buy something and something is getting hype they will crumble faster than Tom Brady at the sight of an unblocked linebacker.

I bought a wiiU so I've done worse. But as its sounding now there is maybe a 1% chance I would buy a bone on launch day.

But maybe they'll knock my socks off at e3!
If I had more time I would have bought the U, but right now I don't have the time to play it and there are no games that I must have or honestly even want. That Wonderful 100 or whatever looks like it might end up being a classic, but I can't remember seeing any other games that have impressed me. I can't see myself buying the XBone either. My modern console will likely be the 4 for the Japanese support. Maybe a U later as well if they can show me 2 or 3 kickass games and if it is 200 bucks.

If Microsoft shows games at E3 that people want to play, people will buy it.
Yep, but I won't. Maybe someday down the line for $150 or something but as of right now I'm thinking the PS4/Vita/3DS/Wii U combo will be more than enough for me. I just don't have enough faith in MS' direction for the system.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah the mental gymnastics don't work at all for the force ghosts at the end of ROTJ.

"Why is Hayden Christiansen there?"

"Because that's what he looked like before he turned to the dark side"

"But wasn't he redeemed before his death hence the force ghost?"

"Silence you! 12 years dungeon! 7 years no trial!"

Dragon

Banned
Yep, but I won't. Maybe someday down the line for $150 or something but as of right now I'm thinking the PS4/Vita/3DS/Wii U combo will be more than enough for me. I just don't have enough faith in MS' direction for the system.

Yeah I have PS3/Vita/3DS/PC and that's been more than enough. Honestly I don't play as many games anymore. Too busy going to concerts, trying to get laid, etc.

bionic77

You are weak.

You will get the XBone for Call of Duty: Extreme Big Dick Edition!

Dragon

Banned
Hell I still haven't finished Fire Emblem. I finally gave up trying to save everyone. I restarted that Severa side mission five times because she kept charging head first into like five enemies and finally just gave up. Fuck her.

Its going to be so hilarious seeing all of these people who are ripping MS buy the Xbone at launch later this year.

If you go by the gaming side MS will be lucky to sell 4 XB1s this year. I remember people freaking out when the wii name ans specs came out, saying that it was doomed, but they have turned that up 1000% for the XB1. People actively hate that console and want it to fail.

This and this.

Nintendo is very lucky that gaming side is awful at predicting things, or they would have gone bankrupt by now because both the Wii and WiiU would be complete and utter failures. Meanwhile, the Vita would knock off the Game Boy as the greatest handheld of all time.

I fully expect that MS will knock E3 out of the park, showing [insert moneyhatted exclusives here] and [reboots to old loved franchises here] and [insert sequels to popular IPs here] , and gaming side will fall in love with Xbone again.

Exactly why it's a non-issue. OF COURSE they don't want any further fallout. You're deluding yourself if you think MS is going to be forthcoming about anything at E3 related to their DRM plans considering the shit storm caused after the reveal. They are going to showcase the "it's all about the games" message and anything else will be noise to them. I doubt we'll get pricing from either Sony or Microsoft either for that matter.

No amount of tin foil conspiracy theories is going to change how Microsoft handles their E3 messaging and none of this should come as a surprise considering how much of a disaster their post-reveal conversations went. Like I said, people are wanting to spin this as some evil way for Microsoft to not answer questions (and yeah there is SOME truth to that) but lets be honest - being coy about details isn't something newly created for this E3.

It's not the games, it's the drm. And no, I don't think they want to answer questions about it.
Nor do they really have to. They can avoid the topic entirely and see how (or if ) Sony responds. I think the entire question of DRM isn't set in stone and if they want to shift the market in that direction - neither Sony or Microsoft can do that alone, IMO. If MS jumps, Sony will have to as well and vice versa.

Yeah the mental gymnastics don't work at all for the force ghosts at the end of ROTJ.

"Why is Hayden Christiansen there?"

"Because that's what he looked like before he turned to the dark side"

"But wasn't he redeemed before his death hence the force ghost?"

"Silence you! 12 years dungeon! 7 years no trial!"

Exactly. Seeing interviews with George Lucas he never seemed to understand the backlash to the changes he made. He always acted like the fans were nuts and they just didnt want anyone to change anything, but I think most people would have been okay with changes that made sense. Most of the shit he changed was just either stupid, or pointless and actually made the movies worse. I really hope he has no input into the new movies. I really have a lot of faith in JJ after seeing what he did with Star Trek and also disney to be hands off like they are with the Marvel movies. Some of the ideas that have come out, like a 7 Samurai movie featuring jedi's sounds fucking awesome to me. They just need to keep George Lucas far the fuck away from these movies.

Draxal

Hell I still haven't finished Fire Emblem. I finally gave up trying to save everyone. I restarted that Severa side mission five times because she kept charging head first into like five enemies and finally just gave up. Fuck her.

There's a real easy way to beat that mission. You just have to use the rescue staff item using a healer and it teleports her back, just spam it a decent bit while you clear it out. You can buy the staff at around chapter 11-14.

bionic77

Hmm... I'm listening. Two questions though:

1. Does it have fish?

2. If so, how's the fish AI?
1. 200 different species!
2. No AI on the fish, but you can cook the fish on the smoldering corpses of your enemies as a way to recoup your health!

The Kinect will also track your eye movements and tell you which characters you are most attracted to. That will be part of the DRM package. For just $15 you will get to see that character naked. For another $15 Kinect will scan your fact and body and will recreate a sex scene between you and the character of your dreams. If you are attracted to someone underage you will have to pay a $1000 fee or else go to jail for being a pedo.

Dragon

Banned
There's a real easy way to beat that mission. You just have to use the rescue staff item using a healer and it teleports her back, just spam it a decent bit while you clear it out. You can buy the staff at around chapter 11-14.

Yeah I could have also just completely blocked her up in the passageways, but yeah I guess that would have been the smart play.

Lol Bleacher Report and all that but http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662308-where-can-the-detroit-lions-improve-most-for-2013

Fatford is 1-23 against teams with a winning record

:kas

But how many yartds did he have in those games? Yards is the only stat that matters.

Greg, are you getting Last of Us? Looks like the closest thing we're going to get to a proper Socom.

You didnt like Confrontation or SOCOM 4? I really liked playing 4 with the move controller. I hope Sony does a nextgen SOCOM.

bionic77

Would have been 23-1 if he had Bush. Now he does, LOOK OUT NFL.
:lol

You are such a retard. Suggesting that Stafford could lose a game with Reggie Bush. Outrageous!

Didn't they teach you math in school dummy? Lion fans proved to us with simple statistics, physics, and alchemy that Bush + Stafford = victory and you are suggesting that they could be beaten? What are you going to tell us next, that 2+2 = 5 or that Eli is sexually promiscuous?

Please. This is a serious discussion on football. We have no patience for this foolishness!

Top Bottom