• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

So ars technica said in their tLou review that people that dont PS3s should buy one just for that game. Man my hype is increasing by the second. I was totally going to wait and get it after launch but I dont think I can wait now.

Greg

Greg, are you getting Last of Us? Looks like the closest thing we're going to get to a proper Socom.
I sold my PS3 and gave up on gaming outside of Words With Friends, that Bejeweled clone on Vita, and Hot Shots Golf. I think SOCOM 4 respawn turned me into a casual gamer.

Hopefully I'll find a way to play The Last of Us at some point though because it does look great. And hopefully SOCOM is resurrected and gets the support it deserves on PS4.

Hunter S.

Yup. Remote play won't do shit for Vita. Vita needs to be selling Vita software, not acting as a bridge for PS4 and playing legacy titles .
Well, it goes like this and this sort of applies to the Wii U already. The platform needs games to sell. The platform does not have many games so it continues to hardly sell. Without a large, viable install base 3rd parties are wary to develop for it. So the portable continues to not get 3rd party games and not sell. This is at least part of the process. This is basically saying the Vita is the Cleveland Browns of video game platforms. Always trying, always failing.

1. 200 different species!
2. No AI on the fish, but you can cook the fish on the smoldering corpses of your enemies as a way to recoup your health!
Screw it, I'm in.

The Kinect will also track your eye movements and tell you which characters you are most attracted to. That will be part of the DRM package. For just $15 you will get to see that character naked. For another $15 Kinect will scan your fact and body and will recreate a sex scene between you and the character of your dreams. If you are attracted to someone underage you will have to pay a $1000 fee or else go to jail for being a pedo.
Okay, I'm back out.

Hunter S.

So ars technica said in their tLou review that people that dont PS3s should buy one just for that game. Man my hype is increasing by the second. I was totally going to wait and get it after launch but I dont think I can wait now.
I am thinking of buying a new PS3 mainly for The Last of Us after my most recent ylod. I think I missed a lot of exclusives and I still have a large library of games I want to play again.

GQman2121

Banned
I sold my PS3 and gave up on gaming outside of Words With Friends, that Bejeweled clone on Vita, and Hot Shots Golf. I think SOCOM 4 respawn turned me into a casual gamer.

Hopefully I'll find a way to play The Last of Us at some point though because it does look great. And hopefully SOCOM is resurrected and gets the support it deserves on PS4.

Wow. Alright, hope to see you next gen at somepoint. :)

I hope the multiplayer is serviceable

Me to. Resistance BS mp was playable and it might have been fun but so few people were ever on playing it, I dont think I ever got into a match with more then 3 people. KZ:M will sell much better though so hopefully that wont be a big problem.

Exactly why it's a non-issue. OF COURSE they don't want any further fallout. You're deluding yourself if you think MS is going to be forthcoming about anything at E3 related to their DRM plans considering the shit storm caused after the reveal. They are going to showcase the "it's all about the games" message and anything else will be noise to them. I doubt we'll get pricing from either Sony or Microsoft either for that matter.

No amount of tin foil conspiracy theories is going to change how Microsoft handles their E3 messaging and none of this should come as a surprise considering how much of a disaster their post-reveal conversations went. Like I said, people are wanting to spin this as some evil way for Microsoft to not answer questions (and yeah there is SOME truth to that) but lets be honest - being coy about details isn't something newly created for this E3.

Nor do they really have to. They can avoid the topic entirely and see how (or if ) Sony responds. I think the entire question of DRM isn't set in stone and if they want to shift the market in that direction - neither Sony or Microsoft can do that alone, IMO. If MS jumps, Sony will have to as well and vice versa.

but at one time they thought it was a good idea to have this press conference, and now they dont. why? they can't hide from the truth forever

but at one time they thought it was a good idea to have this press conference, and now they dont. why? they can't hide from the truth forever
It doesn't have to be forever, though. It just has to be long enough to put a more positive message out there about the Xbox One post-E3. I think we'd agree that they have some cleaning up to do after the reveal and the big time messaging problems that surfaced. If they're games presentation is as strong as they claim, that will overshadow any non-answers about their DRM strategy and they can control that by not having to sit through a press Q&A. Is it a bit shady? Yeah, but I think it's being made into more than what it is.

Also, seeing as how they are first up with their conference, it allows them to see what Sony does in regard to DRM as I mentioned. Sony may come out and say nothing but if they come right out of the gate by saying "We won't implement any type of used game DRM On PS4", yeah I think that's going to make a pretty big difference in how Microsoft moves forward.

It doesn't have to be forever. It just has to be long enough to put a more positive message out there about the Xbox One. If they're games presentation is as strong as they claim, that will overshadow any non-answers about their DRM strategy. Also, seeing as how they are first up with their conference, it allows them to see what Sony does in that regard as I mentioned.

but the general public (not just the anal nerds here at neogaf) aren't going to like what they hear about DRM/no used games (IF TRUE!) and it doesn't matter if they hear that now or in september/october. if MS is going down that path they might as well get it out there. what do they think will happen? not say anything and people still hold out hope, then the fall rolls around, they break the bad news and people say "well... it's so close to launch anyways so it doesn't matter to me! rape my rights away MS!"

but the general public (not just the anal nerds here at neogaf) aren't going to like what they hear about DRM/no used games (IF TRUE!) and it doesn't matter if they hear that now or in september/october. if MS is going down that path they might as well get it out there. what do they think will happen? not say anything and people still hold out hope, then the fall rolls around, they break the bad news and people say "well... it's so close to launch anyways so it doesn't matter to me! rape my rights away MS!"
Are we sure that those plans and all of the details that go along with it are completely set in stone? I'm not entirely sure they are.

As for the last statement, I know you're trying to be funny but is it really that far from the truth? :jnc Plenty will already have preorder dollars down on the system and be invested in whatever games they really want at launch, afterall.

Are we sure that those plans and all of the details that go along with it are completely set in stone? I'm not entirely sure they are.

As for the last statement, I know you're trying to be funny but is it really that far from the truth? :jnc Plenty will already have preorder dollars down on the system and be invested in whatever games they really want at launch, afterall.

i guess it's just hard to believe that MS is so unprepared. again, at one time this conference was a good thing. did they not expect questions to be asked? it seems like they have no idea what they're going to do and that is a bad thing if launch is 5 months away

If MS buries their statement confirming DRM at the end of a press release announcing that the XB1 is "only" $350 and you can get it for only $200 with a 3 year contract. People are not going to even hear the part about the DRM. There is nothing to be gained now for them if they announce bad news. They need to wait it out. The pre-order numbers for the XB1 are much better then they were for the 360. Show games at E3, talk about price a month or so before launch and hope everyone forgets all about DRM. It wouldnt totally surprise me if they never make a official statement about the DRM policy before launch.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
#browns RB Trent Richardson said today he'll be ready for start of camp, said he was never told he'll be out until August.

#browns RB Trent Richardson said report was inaccurate that he's lost weight because of migraine meds. Been tak'g migraine meds whole life.

Richardson refuted a report that he was stepped on in practice and thats what caused the lower leg injury #Browns

Richardson says if there was a game Sun he would be playing and that he fully expects to be back for training camp in late July or early Aug

Either way it seems the team & Richardson are both confident he will be back for the start of camp, so thats good #Browns

TRENT TRUCK!
TRENT TRUCK!
TRENT TRUCK!

If MS buries their statement confirming DRM at the end of a press release announcing that the XB1 is "only" $350 and you can get it for only $200 with a 3 year contract. People are not going to even hear the part about the DRM. There is nothing to be gained now for them if they announce bad news. They need to wait it out. The pre-order numbers for the XB1 are much better then they were for the 360. Show games at E3, talk about price a month or so before launch and hope everyone forgets all about DRM. It wouldnt totally surprise me if they never make a official statement about the DRM policy before launch.

where can you preorder a bone already!?

Ramses Barden just re-signed with the New York Giants.

But that won't stop the receiver from looking into what he may do once his football career is over. In a few weeks from now, Barden, punter Steve Weatherford and former Giants Jeff Feagles and Michael Clayton, all chosen as four of 24 current and former NFL players, will participate in this year's NFL Broadcast Boot Camp at NFL Films in Mt. Laurel, N.J.

David Diehl and Shaun O'Hara are two Giants who have participated in the program.

After the Giants are done with their mandatory veteran's mini camp, Barden and Weatherford will immerse themselves in the broadcast boot camp from June 17-20. They will work with instructors from ESPN, CBS, FOX, NBC, NFL Network, SiriusXM, Dial Global Radio and local radio and TV. They'll do tape study, editing and show preparation, and learn about radio production and field reporting among other areas.

CBS' James Brown and ESPN's Ron Jaworski are just two of the many experts to help prep the players, who tape segments as a studio and game analyst and take part in a networking session with television executives.

The boot camp participants will have the opportunity to earn a guest hosting spot with one of the league’s United Kingdom broadcasting partners during this season.

Of the 128 players who have taken part in the boot camp from 2007-2012, 48 have landed broadcasting jobs.
MICHAEL CLAYTON MICHAEL CLAYTON MICHAEL CLAYTON MICHAEL CLAYTON

i guess it's just hard to believe that MS is so unprepared. again, at one time this conference was a good thing. did they not expect questions to be asked? it seems like they have no idea what they're going to do and that is a bad thing if launch is 5 months away
How far ahead were these conferences setup? Prior to the reveal?

At one time it may have looked like a good idea. Post reveal? I mean was the reveal event ever truly planned from the start or was it a reaction to Sony's reveal event?

I don't know the answers to those things but I do think Microsoft has come off as extremely reactionary ever since the Playstation 4 was revealed and pretty much took over the news cycle prior to E3.

TRENT TRUCK!
TRENT TRUCK!
TRENT TRUCK!

50ba12c56d0e8_original.gif

Draxal

I believe gamestop is taking pre-orders already, at least mine has a list you can put your name on. There have been several threads on the gaming side about how strong pre-orders for it are so some places must be taking them already.

Ayup, dudebros are eating it up so far but I'm not sure how many of those preorders will be honored. Remember the Wiiu had alot of preorders as well.

And Nintendo did a smart thing and finally recalled the basic versions of the Wii U today.

cdyhybrid

0-1 all-time against the Dolphins, which should be a major concern to you considering that's who he will meet in the SB on the off chance the Seahawks ever get there.

Not our fault Goodell let David Stern train the refs that week.

Wishing a happy birthday to Hito.

I'll be bandwagoning the Seahawks this year because I need somebody to root for. And Russell Wilson is not only the best QB in the NFL but he's the best person as well. Truly a hero and role model for all.

Welcome, brother!

Also happy bday Hito!

I believe gamestop is taking pre-orders already, at least mine has a list you can put your name on. There have been several threads on the gaming side about how strong pre-orders for it are so some places must be taking them already.

lol what price did they give when you pre-ordered? sounds like what gamestop is doing isn't pre-orders, they're putting you on the list to notify you when it's available for pre-order. you can't pre-order it in the US from any of the major websites (not even gamestop). maybe the instore gamestops are working differently though

I think the list is to be contacted when actual preorders go up. They are not taking preorders yet.

EDIT: FMT beat me to it. He's exactly right.

lol what price did they give when you pre-ordered? sounds like what gamestop is doing isn't pre-orders, they're putting you on the list to notify you when it's available for pre-order. you can't pre-order it in the US from any of the major websites (not even gamestop). maybe the instore gamestops are working differently though

Yeah they are not giving any price. I did the same thing I did with the 360 which is put my name on the list so that once the price is announced I can be sure to get one. I am sure gametop tracks the number of people that are putting their names down, even though as it has been already pointed out some of those people could potentially pull out.

Here is an article from 2 weeks ago talking about the strong interest gamestop in the UK is seeing. I tried to find a US article but like 99.9% of gaming stuff is blocked at my work.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GameStop-Xbox-One-First-to-Know-Pre-order-Demand,22772.html

bionic77

Just from my Facebook feed it did seem like the dudebros were very psyched and amazed at Xbone. They seemed to love the voice and tv stuff.

I think MS will sell a decent amount of the new system at launch. No idea if they will be as dominant as last gen. But they really seemed to have tossed in the towel for everything outside the US and UK.

The main question is price. I also wonder what the fuck is going to happen to GameStops assuming both the 4 and Bone don't allow for used games. It seems like they might be out of business within the next 16-24 months. Everything might be online only in a short amount of time because most games are not carried at Target and Walmart.

Very strange times.

squicken

Ah even though football is so far away, I did appreciate the Preseason Live and Game Rewind E-mails. I wish they would add HD coaches tape, though

Just from my Facebook feed it did seem like the dudebros were very psyched and amazed at Xbone. They seemed to love the voice and tv stuff.

I think MS will sell a decent amount of the new system at launch. No idea if they will be as dominant as last gen. But they really seemed to have tossed in the towel for everything outside the US and UK.

The main question is price. I also wonder what the fuck is going to happen to GameStops assuming both the 4 and Bone don't allow for used games. It seems like they might be out of business within the next 16-24 months. Everything might be online only in a short amount of time because most games are not carried at Target and Walmart.

Very strange times.

The president of gamestop said that they would be involved in what ever used game policy is in place. My guess is it will be something where once you are done with a game you can trade it in at select retailers and they will have someway to check that the game has been deactivated from your account, they give you money just like now, and they sell the game with a new activation code for $5 less then new price. They will have to buy the activation codes from publishers and so their margins will be much smaller but I dont think they will go under.

bionic77

The president of gamestop said that they would be involved in what ever used game policy is in place. My guess is it will be something where once you are done with a game you can trade it in at select retailers and they will have someway to check that the game has been deactivated from your account, they give you money just like now, and they sell the game with a new activation code for $5 less then new price. They will have to buy the activation codes from publishers and so their margins will be much smaller but I dont think they will go under.
I don't think Gamestop can survive on the scraps MS gives them (and to be fair I think Sony is going to do the exact thing as MS). Their margins are insane for used game prices. And their costs are going to stay the same or go up while their profits take a huge hit. MS is not going to give a fuck and pay their rent, salaries, etc.

And also who is going to sell their games for the nothing MS and Sony are going to give them?

This doesn't affect me, but I am married, in my 30s, make a good living and have kids. Mostly in gamestop I see poor teenagers and college aged kids who probably sell back a shit load of games to pay for the next one. Those kids are going to either pirate like mofos or have to get new parents or a second job to pay for the games they want to play.

Draxal

yeah it is. i didn't even know what the fuck i was doing but it was entertaining. pre-ordered!

Yeah, I pretty much mashed buttons the entire time. Oh well, only way we're going to see Valkyria Chronicles 3 characters in America.

Having Ulala beating on those monsters with her laser pistol was oddly entertaining.

Top Bottom