• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

One thing I gotta say is early on in the 360s life cycle Xbox gold was amazing for me. Playing Gears1/Rainbow 6 Vegas/halo 3 with friends online and meeting new people. One of my favorite times was playing Shadowrun online, and just thinking about Rb6 Vegas makes me smile.

Rainbow 6 Vegas was awesome. Was the 2nd one good? I've been considering picking it up on steam.
I didn't play the second one as much, I remember a couple problems during launch. It was still really fun though, if people still play online on Steam go for it no doubt.
Edit: If I remember right it had some good cam/tournament features. When All Games interactive was still running if any of you know what that is, we had a great tournament.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tbh a lot disapear because this thread gets pretty fucking far from anything resembling football talk

So Atlanta fans only like football! Got it!

There's also literally zero football discussion to be had. Aren't OTAs winding down and soon we'll enter that period between OTAs and training camp where absolutely nothing happens?

Idk about all of you, but I had no interest in Kinect when it was first announced. And now I have even less interest in it during Xbox ones launch/cycle.

squicken

Sando has a piece up on the benefits and costs to Seattle's Adderal program

Among the basic findings, according to Ferguson via Williams:

Not just recreational: While there is a social component to Adderall use, Ferguson says the drug enhances performance by improving focus and confidence.

Beating the testing system: Adderall leaves the system quickly and becomes undetectable through urine testing after about 10 hours. Drinking water in large quantities can accelerate the process. Players could take Adderall to get up for a game, then pass a test the following day.

Side effects: Sustained Adderall use can damage the heart.

Addictive: Adderall is an amphetamine. Ferguson: "These guys are playing with fire. They’re throwing gas on it. It’s crazy to me that you would be taking these drugs with normal brain chemistry, and not expecting to have some kind of dependency grow."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/101472/adderall-these-guys-are-playing-with-fire

New Jack City

That's good advice. But I like Packers fans. All the ones I know are really level-headed and realistic about their team's chances. I might feel differently if they were in the same division as the Pats, but at least they'd provide some competition (sorry Jets, Dolphins, and Bills fans).

Maybe you're just delusional about the Packers and that's why you think they are levelheaded. They don't even have a team, just Rodgers. Oh and apparently Matthews who is a "stud" despite the D being awful

bionic77

Except for you.Thats why you game on phones and handhelds.
Wrong as usual.

TV is off 80% of the time. I usually only turn it on for sports or if my wife wants to watch something. Sister stayed with us for a few days and she was a guest so she watched some HGTV and the Voice (shit I normally don't watch).

We don't let them watch much tv. It's not good for babies. Too much tv and they could turn out to be mouth breathing zeros.

Wrong as usual.

TV is off 80% of the time. I usually only turn it on for sports or if my wife wants to watch something. Sister stayed with us for a few days and she was a guest so she watched some HGTV and the Voice (shit I normally don't watch).

We don't let them watch much tv. It's not good for babies. Too much tv and they could turn out to be mouth breathing zeros.

Have them watch Breaking Bad, The Wire, and The Sopranos. They will grow up as sociopaths with an appreciation for the arts

You are way too nice to Pats fans. Do I smell an impending squicken?

I encourage all Pats fans to say sexist/racist/bigoted things in the OT! They truly enjoy it!

Normally I'd send all Pats fans to their impending doom by the banhammer, but I got a good feeling about this new guy.

Doesn't seem completely evil like the alligator, German, and faux-German.

Greg

Wrong as usual.

I watched a lot of TV as a kid and I turned out just fine.

Honest.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Normally I'd send all Pats fans to their impending doom by the banhammer, but I got a good feeling about this new guy.

Doesn't seem completely evil like the alligator, German, and faux-German.

The only way he isn't completely evil is if he prefers Drew Bledsoe to Tom Brady and that he admits that Tom Brady fumbled against the Raiders.

Maybe you're just delusional about the Packers and that's why you think they are levelheaded. They don't even have a team, just Rodgers. Oh and apparently Matthews who is a "stud" despite the D being awful
Packers fans hate their team as a rule. That said, they've made the playoffs 4 years in a row (and won a SB in that time), so if that constitutes "not even having a team", what about the poor Jags and Pats fans?

brentech

I'm optimistic about our D until they prove to suck again.
It's kind of like a much shorter texans cycle. Except sometimes they don't fail.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What not to do on your vacation to Brazil.

130605105242-brazil-prostitutes-campaign-story-top.jpg

Top Bottom