• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

jakncoke

Banned
TBYDKnH.png

Vyroxis

Banned
I actually found my old copy of Star Wars Rebellion sitting in a pile of crap in my closet along with the old laptop I used to play it on. Fired it up, gave it a whirl and....

Holy shit I forgot how bad this game was. But even with how bad it is, I gave a game a serious try and got my ass kicked on hard mode. As in, royal asskicking from one end to the other. This game is terrible to play in so many ways, ugh....

And yet here I sit playing another game. I am really a glutton for punishment.

WedgeX

Banned
I actually found my old copy of Star Wars Rebellion sitting in a pile of crap in my closet along with the old laptop I used to play it on. Fired it up, gave it a whirl and....

Holy shit I forgot how bad this game was. But even with how bad it is, I gave a game a serious try and got my ass kicked on hard mode. As in, royal asskicking from one end to the other. This game is terrible to play in so many ways, ugh....

And yet here I sit playing another game. I am really a glutton for punishment.

It's not the game that is terrible.

I spent so many damn days...probably months...playing it. None of it wasted.

ChanHuk

Banned
I would contact him and explain your situation. If you can reschedule for a more appropriate time within a week they shouldnt hold it against you.

Explain that your current work schedule doesnt make that time available.

I did, I told him I'm scheduled to work 6a-6p the next two days and he understands, he said it'd be nice if I could somehow stop by the ER and do a meet and greet during my shift jokingly (Since we frequent their ER). He said he wants to fill the position quickly and the situation is that he won't be available next week because he'll be out of town for an interview. I might just call his voicemail tomorrow and tell him I'm available on Friday. Fake an injury at work and there you go I'm available Friday.

Vyroxis

Banned
It's not the game that is terrible.

I spent so many damn days...probably months...playing it. None of it wasted.

I dunno, in hindsight the AI is terrible. It really shows in space combat when starfighters fly off into the farthest reaches of space to duke it out for no reason other than 'why the hell not?' Combine that with how amazingly unbalanced the game is from the start and it makes for a very tough pill to swallow.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Alot of games from this gen I wish were still active online
Rb6 Vegas
Shadowrun
Warhawk
Perfect dark zero
Gears 1
I'm sure more will come to me

I'm not sure about the 360 version of Battlefield 3 but the PS3 has a surprisingly large community. Almost as large as the latest COD. Plus its Battlefield and its great and only $20.

Unfortunately I spilt a little bit of cranberry juice on my PS3 controller two days ago and the thing is now dead. I'm pissed I have to pay $50 for a brand new Sony controller. A controller that's theoritically almost 20 years old.

Alot of games from this gen I wish were still active online
Rb6 Vegas
Shadowrun
Warhawk
Perfect dark zero
Gears 1
I'm sure more will come to me

If this list just had Chrome Hounds on it it would be perfect. I played so much of all the games you listed though. Man I miss PD0 so fucking much. That game had so much going on in it mp. It is to bad the graphics and animations turned people off so much.

I don't normally shit up threads like this but I need an outlet.

Please keep my mom and my family in your thoughts and/or prayers. My mom had surgery last friday to remove 2 tumors from her colon and possibly her uterus. It turned out that she had to have part of her colon removed, her uterus, and her appendix as the masses were big enough to attach to all 3.

She had been recovering decently until yesterday when she started having acute pain. They did a CT scan and discovered that the colon repair had come undone somehow. They had to perform emergency surgery last night and remove a little bit more of her colon. She is now in ICU and they are not sure whether or not she will become septic from the stool that escaped into her body.

On top of all this, they confirmed that the 2 tumors were indeed malignant and had metastasized through her lymph nodes.

I have no idea if she'll survive this second surgery or even if she does, whether she'll take the radiation treatment or not. I'm just an emotional mess right now and I hate to even think about how my dad feels or how I'm going to be able to tell my kids if she does pass away.

Sorry for being a downer but thanks for listening (reading) NFL-GAF.

eznark

Banned

Please keep my mom and my family in your thoughts and/or prayers. My mom had surgery last friday to remove 2 tumors from her colon and possibly her uterus. It turned out that she had to have part of her colon removed, her uterus, and her appendix as the masses were big enough to attach to all 3.

She had been recovering decently until yesterday when she started having acute pain. They did a CT scan and discovered that the colon repair had come undone somehow. They had to perform emergency surgery last night and remove a little bit more of her colon. She is now in ICU and they are not sure whether or not she will become septic from the stool that escaped into her body.

On top of all this, they confirmed that the 2 tumors were indeed malignant and had metastasized through her lymph nodes.

I have no idea if she'll survive this second surgery or even if she does, whether she'll take the radiation treatment or not. I'm just an emotional mess right now and I hate to even think about how my dad feels or how I'm going to be able to tell my kids if she does pass away.

Thanks for the update Story. Good luck to your mom and your family. When she pulls through get back in the damn Show league, simming sucks!

Please keep us as up to date as you feel like, man.

bionic77

That's tough man. My mom had ovarian cancer for like 7 years before passing away. It is really scary when your mother or father gets ill like that.

I hope she pulls through. Thoughts and prayer and with you and your family.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Stay strong man, my mom had surgery last October to remove a 50 lb tumor that turned out to be ovarian cancer. She's just finishing chemo and in two weeks we find out how much it helped and if she needs additional treatment. Stay strong for her no matter how hard it is, and its the hardest thing our family has ever dealt with. Stay positive and try to make her laugh and bring up the millions of memories you guys have.

Also you and her should go to cancer support groups or therapy sessions, they help a lot.

Moms are the best, I don't know what Id do without mine, but stay strong and help her give a big fuck you to cancer.

I hope everything turns out fine for you.

Wrayfield

All the best, man. Stay strong.

RBH

I'll be keeping your mom and family in my thoughts. Stay strong.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Stay strong man, thoughts and prayers with your family and your mom.

Stay strong, man. Sending prayers you and your family's way.

Greg

No need to be sorry if venting helps. Keep positive. I wish you and the family the best.

Top Bottom