• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

I'm hyped for the PS4 but will probably still wait a year.

danmarino-8x10-04_enl.jpg

I'm still fucking stunned at what I watched. Sony just went for the jugular. That was late 90's Sony levels of dominance right there.

Playstation 4 pre-ordered. Easiest buy in the world. Just for the used game video alone. The price reveal was epic.

Fantomex

The price reveal indeed. But also the way they went about revealing no DRM, man they took that dagger, stabbed, pulled it out, stabbed, dug it in and twisted it.

The price reveal indeed. But also the way they went about revealing no DRM, man they took that dagger, stabbed, pulled it out, stabbed, dug it in and twisted it.
It was amazing. Pure ether.

If Microsoft doesn't backtrack on that DRM/24 hour online check stuff, good luck to them.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The PS4 is going to dominate this gen like the PS2 dominated. I can't get over how badly MS has fucked this up. It's amazing. Keep your damn giraffe money, I'm getting a PS4.

1. it is sad that so many people are excited at just hearing no DRM, no online check in's, etc. i mean good on sony for not pulling that shit but moreso go eat a bag of dicks MS. set sony up easy to embarrass them tonight

2. sony i was in at $499 so god bless you

3. don't mind about ps+! i've been a subscriber since day 1 and it has been such a great value i don't know why anyone WOULDN'T get it anyways

4. is it wrong that i have a soft spot for killer instinct? i think it looks really good and it makes me want to get an xbone! not sure if i can support the bone though... not as it is now.

5. there is no way MS can stick to their DRM/online check-in policy right? i'm assuming they will have to back track because they are going to get slaughtered if they dont

6. holy shit destiny looked so good. game of the show for me so far.... that and the order!

7. excited for nintendo tomorrow!

Ripclawe

Banned
1. it is sad that so many people are excited at just hearing no DRM, no online check in's, etc. i mean good on sony for not pulling that shit but moreso go eat a bag of dicks MS. set sony up easy to embarrass them tonight

2. sony i was in at $499 so god bless you

3. don't mind about ps+! i've been a subscriber since day 1 and it has been such a great value i don't know why anyone WOULDN'T get it anyways

4. is it wrong that i have a soft spot for killer instinct? i think it looks really good and it makes me want to get an xbone! not sure if i can support the bone though... not as it is now.

5. there is no way MS can stick to their DRM/online check-in policy right? i'm assuming they will have to back track because they are going to get slaughtered if they dont

6. holy shit destiny looked so good. game of the show for me so far.... that and the order!

7. excited for nintendo tomorrow!

I doubt they will backtrack, too much has been designed and built for the DRM ,checks business model to stop the train now.

squicken

I didn't really see anything that was an exclusive that got me excited for either console. All the best stuff was multi-platform. Closest we got was The Order. Love Victorian stuff and Steampunk, but then they started shooting zombies/monsters. Maybe there's some twist that makes it cool, but I can't do Left19Dead anymore

Best stuff so far: Destiny, The Division, BF4 MP, and of course I am still a big fan of Watch Dogs. Guess Rainbow Six is dead :(

Fantomex

Destiny and the Indie Games really got me interested. $399 is pretty amazing for a next gen console, so far it looks like it will be PC/PS4 for me next gen. I did see some xbox fanboys say something that was pretty funny doe

"bu...bu.....But Killer Instinct...." jnc

Give me some good games Nintendo! And give me DAT PRICEDROP.

I didn't really see anything that was an exclusive that got me excited for either console. All the best stuff was multi-platform. Closest we got was The Order. Love Victorian stuff and Steampunk, but then they started shooting zombies/monsters. Maybe there's some twist that makes it cool, but I can't do Left19Dead anymore

Best stuff so far: Destiny, The Division, BF4 MP, and of course I am still a big fan of Watch Dogs. Guess Rainbow Six is dead :(
I enjoyed the games you mentioned and would add Infamous Second Son which I thought was one of the more impressive games visually on either platform.

The indie games section for Sony was great, too. I did like that Sony didn't go back to well with the games they had already shown during the reveal a few months ago. A quick trailer for Killzone, Knack, etc. Prevented me from going overload on them.

I like Watch Dogs for instance but I'm good if I don't watch another trailer or walkthrough of the game again until it finally releases. Just been marketed to death.

Destiny didn't do much for me.

The demo got me somewhat interested but it looked like Halo + Borderlands + some sort of MMOs questing system.

Sony having Bungie on their system is pretty huge though. I know they had greater ambitions, etc., etc., but it's a big win for them.

it may be just that, but it has a 500gb hd so that is more than enough for most people i think
500gb on a "base model" is perfectly fine with me.
Yep. Doesn't seem to be lacking anything from the official PDF they released on the pricing.
That's crazy. Totally thought it was going to be some paltry amount.

Wow. So impressed.

rando14

Sony's gotta be losing money on each console

500 gigs, better specs than xbone, $100 cheaper? wow

edit: ah forgot about kinect

lol that fucking kinect POS

Shows the PS4 start-up, sharing functions, UI and much more.
I really dig most of the UI although hopefully they don't plaster your screen with bullshit.
I don't think you should ever have to scroll on your home feed. Too Facebook-y or something.

Share thing looks quite incredible. Can't wait to use that.

Milchjon

How did MS let that happen? Embarrassing.

Edit: I couldn't stay up for Sony. Was there anything apart from the price and no DRM that made it better than MS' conference?

Milchjon

Wes, you slut

"You know, after it happened, obviously we talked and everything like that," Welker said. "He was upset about it, and part of me was a little upset about it too. But things happen for a reason, and I'm excited about the opportunities here and the type of team we have and things that we can do."

Later, Welker added, "It is [a bummer], but I think he understands it, and I understand it. … It's been going on for years and years. I'm not the first [Patriots] player that this happened to, and I definitely won't be the last."

I guess a small body contains a small heart.

I'm still not over it :*(

Paying for online play would normally be a deal breaker for me, but Sony softened the blow by adding value with PS+. Here's hoping they don't throw the good features on a higher tier.

Man the Sony conference really started out slow but they turned it around big time at the end. The price is great, MS was insane to announce $499 it's like they didnt learn anything from Sony this gen at all. MS' dreams of an all digital future are dead, it can never happen when the 2 companies are competing. I thought that the game at the MS conference we more impressive, Titanfall looks so fucking good and the graphics in Forza are off the charts. Sony spent way to much time with AC:BF and Watchdogs which Ubisoft had already shown at their conferences. Destiny looks really good though, cant wait to learn more about it. It is crazy that Sony is also charging for mp now, with MS giving free games it seems both services will be the same. That is going to kill a lot of fanboy wars. Anyways a great E3 so far, hopefully Nintendo brings it today.

I would like Destiny more if it didn't appear to be just another Halo. The world looks interesting, I would love to explore it ME1 style.

I'm guess i'm really hoping this gen we see more games like ME1.

squicken

Yeah Sony really snuck paying for online MP in there. We will see if they also wall off things like Netflix. Not really sure which company has which services. XB has HBOGO and may get Sunday Ticket, but no one will have it this year

Still, it was an awful day for MS. Their tech is weaker, their games more restrictive, and they are more expensive. At least they are upping the value proposition of Live

Biggest Fuck Yeah I had forgot about was the Just Cause guys doing a Mad Max game. So awesome. Soon we get get the gata and Chan in the Thunderdome

Yeah Sony really snuck paying for online MP in there. We will see if they also wall off things like Netflix. Not really sure which company has which services. XB has HBOGO and may get Sunday Ticket, but no one will have it this year

Still, it was an awful day for MS. Their tech is weaker, their games more restrictive, and they are more expensive. At least they are upping the value proposition of Live

Biggest Fuck Yeah I had forgot about was the Just Cause guys doing a Mad Max game. So awesome. Soon we get get the gata and Chan in the Thunderdome

I am curious what you are basing their tech being weaker off of? I know people have been saying it online but their games definitely didnt look weaker. Maybe it is some cloud secret sauce that they are using but XB1 games look incredible so far. People are not going to care what kind of ram each consoles has if the games look the same on each. This really does feel like this gen where Sony yelled a bunch about the PS3 being more powerful but it never materialized. I have no doubt the PS4 will badly outsell the XB1 this gen, it is cheaper and they dont have the DRM stuff. The MS is going to just savage MS from now until the end of the next-gen. I dont see how they can changed the games policies now, I dont even know if it is possible to make games not install this late.

Top Bottom