• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Yankee, why are you acting/doing this?
image.php

So what game was the most disappointing for people? For me it was Killzone SF without a doubt. What made Killzone 2 great was the sense that you had to fight for every inch. The Helghast were tough enemies and the game was really difficult in spots. This new one he throws out a bot which puts up a shield that he can shoot through and he just mows down the enemies with impunity. It didnt look fun or interesting at all. Hopefully they can swith that up since it is one of my most wanted games still. KZ 2was one of the best games this gen and KZ 3 was a really solid game if not as good as 2 was.

Eleuin

So what game was the most disappointing for people? For me it was Killzone SF without a doubt. What made Killzone 2 great was the sense that you had to fight for every inch. The Helghast were tough enemies and the game was really difficult in spots. This new one he throws out a bot which puts up a shield that he can shoot through and he just mows down the enemies with impunity. It didnt look fun or interesting at all. Hopefully they can swith that up since it is one of my most wanted games still. KZ 2was one of the best games this gen and KZ 3 was a really solid game if not as good as 2 was.

I definitely got a super soldier vibe from that trailer but because the mp director for kz2 is back I still have faith

Things on the Wii U front are looking utterly dire. That Nintendo direct did almost nothing to alleviate any fears. They barely showed anything.

Hunter S.

I wish no good luck to Tim in New England, none.

Also, man, I just laugh at the idea of buying the xbone any time soon. I am not paying an extra $100 for kinect. PS4 is looking like the beast of next gen.

ChanHuk

Banned
Idk if I'd personally say that. The one thing I will say though is that everything Nintendo showed I think we all knew were coming in some form, nothing really new or surprising. Some good first party games never the less, but I'm gonna keep on waiting to get back into WiiU

snes, is that you?

Draxal

Things on the Wii U front are looking utterly dire. That Nintendo direct did almost nothing to alleviate any fears. They barely showed anything.

Well they did show games, but they were all coming out in 2014. They really have to get out of the console business and just focus on the handhelds, they don't have enough developers to support both the 3DS and the Wii U at the same time, and the 3DS isn't a lost cause like the Wii U is.

I wish Nintendo would have shown a few unexpected games but the fact is I'm interested in most of the stuff they showed. Combine Wii U, PS4, 3DS, and Vita and I've got basically everything I need from gaming.

Speaking of hand helds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtJyud6dFNM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAluniNRibs&feature=player_embedded

Fuck me they look gorgeous. I want them now.

Well they did show games, but they were all coming out in 2014. They really have to get out of the console business and just focus on the handhelds, they don't have enough developers to support both the 3DS and the Wii U at the same time, and the 3DS isn't a lost cause like the Wii U is.
They have almost nothing for this year. No price drop announcement for the thing. It's as if they've ceded this holiday season already. At least 2014 should be better.

bionic77

Super Mario 3D World and that Donkey Kong game look phenomenal.
Not sure about the Mario game, but I agree 200% that Donkey Kong looked amazing. That looked like a game that would be a blast to play. One of the few games I can say that about gameplay wise from what I saw since yesterday.

I am only interested in a few games for U: Wonderful 100, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, and X or whatever the fuck it is called. Did not see anything of Galaxy quality and no real Zelda sucked.

That would suck if they left the console business, but financially it might make sense for them. As a fan of videogames I hope they don't and can keep the U afloat and mildly profitable like they did with the Cube.

Hunter S.

Did not watch Nintendo's conference, but it sounds like the Wii U is getting practically zero first and third party this year. It is already selling horribly. Wow, just wow. Poor showing by Nintendo.

JABEE

What the hell is wrong with Nintendo?

The sequel to a 3DS game is the next mainline Mario game? I love 3D Land, but that was terrible. Their stream was broken, everything was delayed, and there was no new Nintendo IP. Nintendo has given up on making anything new.

They used to innovate using their old IPs, now they are struggling to put out any software so they make every project as linear as possible.

Draxal

They have almost nothing for this year. No price drop announcement for the thing. It's as if they've ceded this holiday season already. At least 2014 should be better.

Well, I think we both said the same exact thing; in a different way; they showed stuff for 2014 only. I mean I'm a huge nintendo nerd like snes :youguys; but Nintendo has to either drop out of the console business or go third party (the first is much more likely); with spiraling production costs for both console and handhelds; it just makes sense them to go pure handheld especially when consoles are dying in their home market.

JABEE

Mario World, Smash, and DKC looked cool. I thought Mario Kart 8 looked great compared to the last couple outings.

I just can't help but feel disappointed by Nintendo's high standards failing to be met.

I definitely got a super soldier vibe from that trailer but because the mp director for kz2 is back I still have faith

Congras on making it through your trial by fire.

Smash 4 looks fucking awesome. Stoked! Mega man! Hopefully Tom Nook on top of villager. Would love Dixie Kong too

Draxal

1. 3d Mario World wasn't nearly as earthshattering as Mario Galaxy 1/2 were. That reveal was a huge dissapointment for me.

2. I wanted a stealth Fire Emblem sequel announcement for the 3DS.

Glad to see it wasn't just me. Jesus Christ, I whitelist this site from Adblock for a reason!

Anyhoo, bring on more DKC, please! I'm playing the 3DS version right now, and Retro is doing work yet again.

Top Bottom