• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

bionic77

We have to face facts and admit that Skip Bayless is a genius. He said from day one that TO was a cancer and only cared about himself. He said LeBron was a bitch ass who was overrated. Two for two.

He also belongs to the church of Tebow. And the fucking Pats got him...

Gobias

Banned
The games that looked good to me were Mario kart, X and DKC (which looked amazingly awesome). Did not show anything amazing from Mario. I am sure it will be good but you can't tell by that video.

I am not a big Smash or Kart fan anymore as I don't have anyone to play those games with.

But DKC looked great. I could buy a console for that game.

I thought the graphics were lacking on DKC actually. It doesn't really matter though as I expect it to be one of the finest platformers ever.

The new Mario does look extremely disappointing when comparing it to Galaxy. I'm sure it will be fun, but it seems like that style should have just stayed on the 3DS.

and lol Heat.

ChanHuk

Banned
ALL HE DOES IS WIN!

My friends want to go to a vegan place that serves faux meat. Its horrible as is that they want to go to a vegan place but to further rub salt into the wound, they want to go to a place that serves faux meat. I don't understand vegans who still sought after faux meat products, fuckin hipsters.

bionic77

I thought the graphics were lacking on DKC actually. It doesn't really matter though as I expect it to be one of the finest platformers ever.

The new Mario does look extremely disappointing when comparing it to Galaxy. I'm sure it will be fun, but it seems like that style should have just stayed on the 3DS.

and lol Heat.
I thought DKC looked amazing. Great artsyle though not sure about Dixie. Her animations were a little off.

It just looked so fun in that video. If they can give 10+ hours of content with some challenge I would buy a U for that.

Any word on next gen Fifa and PES? Which one is the one to get?

brentech

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/11/packers-preparing-to-release-desmond-bishop/

Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop racked up 218 tackles and eight sacks in two years as a starter for Green Bay. Now the Packers and Bishop could be going their separate ways.

According to Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com, the Packers intend to release Bishop if they can’t restructure his contract or work out a trade.

Bishop has been with the Packers since 2007 and earned a starting job with the team in 2010. He started 25 games over two seasons and posted a career high 115 tackles in 2011. A hamstring injury last preseason forced him to miss all of last year and Bishop has yet to be able to take part in any of the Packers offseason workouts. He was held out of OTAs and the team’s mandatory mini-camp last week.

Bishop said he is close to 100-percent and was looking to get back on the field soon. However, that field may no longer reside in Wisconsin.

It appears unlikely that Bishop would accept a contract restructure. Bishop came out and said he had his sights on being the league’s defensive player of the year. Someone with that belief in their ability isn’t going to accept a contract restructure just because of an injury. It addition to reports the Packers were seeking to trade Bishop before the draft, it appears a parting of ways may have been inevitable.

And then there is a recent tweet from Jason Wilde about how McCarthy LOVES Brad Jones. Fuck me.

ALL HE DOES IS WIN!

My friends want to go to a vegan place that serves faux meat. Its horrible as is that they want to go to a vegan place but to further rub salt into the wound, they want to go to a place that serves faux meat. I don't understand vegans who still sought after faux meat products, fuckin hipsters.

I'm sure you can convince them to get some vegan Mexican

squicken

This is one of the really shitty things that teams do, and it really sucks. They wait until after free agency when all the money is spent, and then go to a vet and say "take less money or we will cut you"

I don't want the NFL to have guaranteed contracts. Too many players will abuse that. But likewise, NFL teams should act a little better than what BAL did to Leach, and what GB is doing to Bishop

Battlefield doesn't have single player, silly!

Bad Company was the best thing DICE ever did. Crapped the bed with the second one, but the first was really good

Fantomex

You recommended a subpar Messican roach coach. I hate you almost as much as my disgust for Pats fans you Messican.

You had it coming bro, I'm sorry. I'll treat you one Taco at a mexican joint this weekend that's delicious to make up for it. That sound good?

JABEE

I just realized that Tim Tebow will be using his power to convert people to Patriots fandom. How can one person work for both God and the Devil's mission?

I assume most people shitting on 3D World never played 3D Land so you're not alone.
I'll give you Galaxy 2 because that felt like their sloppy seconds but fuck my face - Galaxy 1 was the goddamn shit.

I had the flu, could barely move, yet I was still glued to my TV playing Super Mario Galaxy.

Rosalina is the shit. Overworlds are awesome. Yoshi has always sucked and fuck the Steelers.

Also, I don't know what people are expecting with Mario's graphics. This is the natural evolution of the series and the Wind Waker debacle scared Nintendo away from doing anything funky with art styles.

Dat music though....ugh. The sooner Nintendo drops the Wacky sax the better.

I'll give you Galaxy 2 because that felt like their sloppy seconds but fuck my face - Galaxy 1 was the goddamn shit.

I had the flu, could barely move, yet I was still glued to my TV playing Super Mario Galaxy.

Rosalina is the shit. Overworlds are awesome. Yoshi has always sucked and fuck the Steelers.

I love Galaxy. It's a great game with great mechanics that haven't been replicated.

3D Land is the better Mario game. The levels are much more varied, the platforming is much better and the game properly leverages its 2d and 3D aspects, which Galaxy only did marginally.

edit: Oh, and enjoy the Packers being embarrassed again in the playoffs on account of their soft defense.

Fantomex

I never even knew Nancy got banned. He was cool other than the fact he liked the Pats and the Xbox movement. Come to think of it we win in the end.

squicken

Yes something like that. I love Tebow. Tebow is the best.

I've been not too positive about Tebow at times and God is punishing me now, I don't wanna be the next Fox.[/soiler]
Smart man. God smote the Jets with Buttfumble as sure as he did Sodom with fire and brimstone

Draxal

I love Galaxy. It's a great game with great mechanics that haven't been replicated.

3D Land is the better Mario game. The levels are much more varied, the platforming is much better and the game properly leverages its 2d and 3D aspects, which Galaxy only did marginally.

edit: Oh, and enjoy the Packers being embarrassed again in the playoffs on account of their soft defense.

Galaxy 2 has the strongest platforming of any Mario game. 3D land was entirely way too easy until the second half of the game and by then it was too late.

I'm still not sure why Sony didn't show off infamous at the e3 conference. The game looks amazing.

Yeah the infamous gameplay killed anything Sony showed during their conference. I loved infamous 1 and 2, but second son wasnt even on my radar because all they showed was those super duochey cutscenes. I am glad to see the gameplay look so good. I will be interested to see how many different powers there are in the game for you to absorb.

squicken

Nintendo's top designer Shigeru Miyamoto has explained that its developers struggled with the hardware leap from Wii to Wii U, and that's why some of the console's initial software line-up has been a long time coming.

The Wii U launched with New Super Mario Bros. U and mini-game collection Nintendo Land, but other 'launch window' titles such as Pikmin 3, Game & Wario and The Wonderful 101 have yet to arrive. It's especially surprising as The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was Nintendo's only blockbuster Wii release in the last two years of that console's life.

"Any time you have a big jump in the hardware technology it certainly takes the teams time to learn that and adjust their development environment in order to adapt to those big changes," Miaymoto told GamesIndustry International.

hahahahahahahahahhaha really Shiggy?

The jump from Wii to WiiU is probably bigger then the jump from most console gens since the Wii was so badly outdated when it came out. Nintendo had never had to do any of their art for higher resolutions like 720p before. Even during the Nintendo Direct yesterday he mentioned some of the difficulties they were having with the shift to HD. I am sure all the dev teams had to come up with all new art assets, where with the Wii they could totally just reuse what they had used on the GC.

eznark

Banned
The jump from Wii to WiiU is probably bigger then the jump from most console gens since the Wii was so badly outdated when it came out. Nintendo had never had to do any of their art for higher resolutions like 720p before. Even during the Nintendo Direct yesterday he mentioned some of the difficulties they were having with the shift to HD. I am sure all the dev teams had to come up with all new art assets, where with the Wii they could totally just reuse what they had used on the GC.
Did you piss off a mod?

Milchjon

Maybe Nintendo's teams should do secret internships developing 3rd party stuff for other systems to prepare for their next console.

squicken

What exactly were they doing for the past 8 years, when every artist and engineer was learning to deal with high definition assets?

Top Bottom