• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Not to mention better hardware based on the exact same architecture, meaning that the PS4 will get all of the superior ports.

MS employees will counter that the Bone has a better controller (probable but we really don't know since none of us have touched the 4's controller), better online system (probably true, but at the end of the day multiplayer will work on both, but I don't doubt the experience will be better on the Bone), and better exclusives (this is the weakest argument as MS usually just buys timed exclusives and those games eventually come out on everything but the WiiU, 3DS and Vita).

We really dont know that though, MS has opened a ton of studios and has a lot of exclusives games coming that we dont know anything about. I felt like the 360 had the better library this gen, especially when you factor in all the XBLA games they got that didnt make it to PSN for what ever reason. There is no doubt that Sony will have great exclusives but it wouldnt surprise me at all if MS had the better exclusives nextgen. MS seems to be willing to put Titanfall an Xbox console exclusive, so it is possible they will do more of that nextgen. Sony does a great job with their own studios but they do not seem to pursue 3rd titles anywhere near as aggressively as MS does.

What's your point? We're talking about an always online camera. Even I am willing to admit that the government doesn't have a monopoly on evil actions. You don't have to be worried about the government or even microsoft to have concerns. It's an always online camera and microphone that is required to be connected to the internet.

Does it need to see you whilst gaming? Like does it need to see the controllers at all time or something?

It's stupid that you are forced to consider doing it, but would it be possible to just wrap the camera in a blanket and have it facing the wall or storing in a draw somewhere as long as it's attached to your Xbox? Kinda like the ducttape on the webcam thing.

eznark

Banned
Does it need to see you whilst gaming? Like does it need to see the controllers at all time or something?

It's stupid that you are forced to consider doing it, but would it be possible to just wrap the camera in a blanket and have it facing the wall or storing in a draw somewhere as long as it's attached to your Xbox? Kinda like the ducttape on the webcam thing.

Like I said, playing any video game isn't enough reward to jump through those hoops or have that hassle.

No it doesnt need to see you, the only thing you would lose is the instant singing in and also the instant controller syncing feature. Obviously so games will use the kinect as well.

bionic77

Madden is the only reason I had to buy a few 360's.
Same with my friends.

It was just a Madden/COD box that broke every 2-3 years.

For me PS4 will probably be my soccer box. I will buy whichever is better between PES and Fifa and school these Patriots scum next year when I get onboard with next gen.

For good single player games I still have my 3DS.

Like I said, playing any video game isn't enough reward to jump through those hoops or have that hassle.
Especially if you're like me and don't even consider a required Kinect a positive. I don't want the thing.

That's the story of the Xbox One to me, too many negative things that are required and almost nothing positive in return.

I was thinking about it, and honestly I can hardly justify my 360 purchase. A bunch of great XBLA games that all ended up on PC eventually and would run fine on my laptop, Halo and Gears which are fun but nothing special, and that's basically it. The choice between XBO and PS4 couldn't be more of a no-brainer to me, and I don't see any reason to buy both as of yet.

We really dont know that though, MS has opened a ton of studios and has a lot of exclusives games coming that we dont know anything about. I felt like the 360 had the better library this gen, especially when you factor in all the XBLA games they got that didnt make it to PSN for what ever reason. There is no doubt that Sony will have great exclusives but it wouldnt surprise me at all if MS had the better exclusives nextgen. MS seems to be willing to put Titanfall an Xbox console exclusive, so it is possible they will do more of that nextgen. Sony does a great job with their own studios but they do not seem to pursue 3rd titles anywhere near as aggressively as MS does.
MS first party is shit. That's not even in comparison. Sony and Nintendo blow MS out of the water with their first party output. Its been 3 generations and all they have of note is Halo and Forza.

bionic77

I don't have a 360 so I didn't respond to yankee, but I was confused when he was saying that 360 had the better exclusives.

I always thought it was just the box people got to play their friends on COD because that is what they were playing it on. But I won't claim to be an expert on this one.

TheFatOne

All those studios are unproven at the moment, and we don't know what kind of games they will be . For instance, how many of those will be kinect bullshit titles? One big problem for MS is that they just stopped developing games after a while. Will they do the same going forward? Look at the PS3 output this year compared to the 360 it's laughable how poorly MS is supporting the 360. It's great that MS is investing more into their first party, but it doesn't mean jack shit if they don't continue to pump out games.

I don't have a 360 so I didn't respond to yankee, but I was confused when he was saying that 360 had the better exclusives.

I always thought it was just the box people got to play their friends on COD because that is what they were playing it on. But I won't claim to be an expert on this one.

I played 2 Xbox exclusives really extensively.

Project Gotham Racing 3 en Project Gotham Racing 4.

But since MS killed that series....

Crackdown
Lost Odyssey
Fable
Chrome Hounds
Gears of War
Halo
Fable
Forza
Shadow Run
Banjo-Kazooie
Perfect Dark
Kameo
Dance Central
Like a million different Shumps

Just to name a few, but I never aid the 360 had better exclusives, just that it had the better games this gen when you factor in all the XBLA games it got plus timed/exclusive DLC. Sony definitely had the better 1st party exclusives this gen.

I finally got a chance to watch the 9 minute MGSV red band trailer. It is almost to good to be true. It really looks like they are going to make a more serious and adult MGS game. Hopefully without all the poop and fart jokes that plagued MGS4. I am so hyped for that game. I hope they give MGO another try as well. That game had some good parts to it once you got by all the ridiculous Konami ID crap.

I finally got a chance to watch the 9 minute MGSV red band trailer. It is almost to good to be true. It really looks like they are going to make a more serious and adult MGS game. Hopefully without all the poop and fart jokes that plagued MGS4. I am so hyped for that game. I hope they give MGO another try as well. That game had some good parts to it once you got by all the ridiculous Konami ID crap.

Is it Xbone exclusive?

Crackdown
Lost Odyssey
Fable
Chrome Hounds
Gears of War
Halo
Fable
Forza
Shadow Run
Banjo-Kazooie
Perfect Dark
Kameo
Dance Central
Like a million different Shumps

Just to name a few, but I never aid the 360 had better exclusives, just that it had the better games this gen when you factor in all the XBLA games it got plus timed/exclusive DLC. Sony definitely had the better 1st party exclusives this gen.

The 2 best online games this gen. Shame no one played them.

I played Chromehounds. :(

Damn I wish I had been posting in NFLgaf then. I would have loved to show off some of my crazy builds.

Edit: Man that is so fucked up. I hate when companies push stuff like this and then just drop it because it didnt do as well as they hoped. Maybe if ESPN had televised MNF in 3D it would have done better.

Nope PS4, PS3, and 360.

You are so right. I am still pissed they shut the CH servers down. I had a big group of friends that played right up until the day they shut them down. It is so sad we will never get a game like that again.

Yankee looks like you and me playing some xbone live. I wonder which titles make the launch. BF4 is a must have. my laptop won't be able to run it so I'm going with the xbone version.

edit: 3d sucks good riddance

Yankee looks like you and me playing some xbone live. I wonder which titles make the launch. BF4 is a must have. my laptop won't be able to run it so I'm going with the xbone version.

Definitely sir. I do wish they had said more about what games would make launch. I know I will be getting Forza 5 for sure. Hopefully they will have a big shooter besides CoD: Ghosts. You gonna get Titanfall? I will be getting that day 1 for sure.

Edit: I watched a lot of 3D stuff. They did the x-games and the NCAAFB championships games. It looked really good, just like watching a blu-ray in 3D. They did use different camera angles then the TV broadcast so that might have thrown people off. They did a lot of 3/4 side cam stuff. I really liked it and I was really hoping it would spread to sports like baseball and football.

MechDX

Damn I wish I had been posting in NFLgaf then. I would have loved to show off some of my crazy builds.

Edit: Man that is so fucked up. I hate when companies push stuff like this and then just drop it because it didnt do as well as they hoped. Maybe if ESPN had televised MNF in 3D it would have done better.

Chromehounds was tons of fun with the crazy combinations on the mechs you could do. One time I was making a quick, lightly armed and armored scout mech. My thoughts were to run around the map at high speeds capturing towers so my team had near full map access. Problem was between rounds I forgot to hit the save button and when the match started I had a tread chassis, powerplant and control room...that's it. lol

bionic77

I don't own a 3D TV. Why would someone do that to themselves?? Watching 3DTV is like playing Battlefield on a console.
I figure someone here must have watched some 3D TV.

I am still happy with my Samsung from like 5 years ago. Never saw the reason to upgrade, but if you were poor and could not afford a nice HDTV 5-6 years ago you probably bought one with 3D in the last 2 years as it seems like most of them have that as a feature now.

Speaking of PCs, ez should I get a PS4 or get a souped up Win7 PC for next gen sports games? I get the feeling sports games are not supported as well on desktops but I am pretty ignorant on the subject.

Greg

Definitely sir. I do wish they had said more about what games would make launch. I know I will be getting Forza 5 for sure. Hopefully they will have a big shooter besides CoD: Ghosts. You gonna get Titanfall? I will be getting that day 1 for sure.

Edit: I watched a lot of 3D stuff. They did the x-games and the NCAAFB championships games. It looked really good, just like watching a blu-ray in 3D. They did use different camera angles then the TV broadcast so that might have thrown people off. They did a lot of 3/4 side cam stuff. I really liked it and I was really hoping it would spread to sports like baseball and football.
Nothing can breathe life into baseball.

MechDX

I am still happy with my Samsung from like 5 years ago. Never saw the reason to upgrade, but if you were poor and could not afford a nice HDTV 5-6 years ago you probably bought one with 3D in the last 2 years as it seems like most of them have that as a feature now.

Speaking of PCs, ez should I get a PS4 or get a souped up Win7 PC for next gen sports games? I get the feeling sports games are not supported as well on desktops but I am pretty ignorant on the subject.

I have a 3D TV. Wasn't really a feature I needed in a new TV but it comes in most models now days. Some movies like Avengers, Transformers DOTM, etc.... look pretty damn good in 3D actually. I haven't seen and TV broadcasts in 3D though. My Sharp will take standard TV signals and process into 3D but it doesn't add much.

squicken

I never got around to actually watching a 3D broadcast.

Anyone here ever watch it? What was it like?

lame. Low resolution really doesn't work well with 3D. I have a couple of TVs that are 3D capable, but don't own the glasses needed. It was always a gimmick until we get 120 Hz and 4k source

Greg

Midwestern as fuck.
And I'm pretty sure the glasses came with the TV Guide too - it was like a week long event for the family.

Get a PS4 so I can beat you down in the digital world before I dunk on you in the physical one.

Wrayfield

I loved Crackdown, came out of nowhere for me and I had tons of fun with it.

Comparing PS3 and 360, I disliked that loading times on some sports games felt longer for PS3 but other than that I saw little difference between the two systems. Hated the fact that I had drag a cable across my living room for online early on with the 360 (just didn't want to pay the ridiculous money for the wifi adapter).

I will start with one of the new systems and prolly end up owning both. Still have to compare specs and launch line-up which will make up a large chunk of my purchase decision.

Get a PS4 so I can beat you down in the digital world before I dunk on you in the physical one.
And with the power of the PS4 you'll be able to stream this for all of NFL-GAF's enjoyment. Right?

EDIT:

Let's put it plainly: will PlayStation owners ever see Titanfall?

"It's definitely not out of the question," Emslie replied. "We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support.
That's what I figured, timed exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised if MS goes that route with everything that isn't first party this generation. Sony might as well.

squicken

I loved Crackdown, came out of nowhere for me and I had tons of fun with it.

The first Crackdown was fantastic. I understand that Sony has better exclusives for most people, but for me, there were actually more 360 exclusives I wanted to play. There's also kind of the "only need a PC b/c Mass Effect and Gears came to PC 18 months later" that is a bit disingenuous

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They cant block used sales, and neither will the XB1 since it is actually illegal in Europe to block used sales, but 3rd parties on PS4 will use online passes again like last gen. It is possible that they could extend the online pass to even sp only games if you are connected to the internet, so people would have to unplug their Ps4/XB1 from the internet to play them. Tretton confirmed that online passes would be back yesterday on the PS4.
Sony specifically stated that there will not be online passes on the ps4.
How long until the next "3D is the future" fad? 2033?
4k tv's are the first step to glasses free 3d, so I'm guessing the ps5 will push the shit out of it. And then Nintendo regains the crown. Do you hear me snes? 8 years from now, Nintendo wins!

Hunter S.

*sigh* another summer another wildfire season. Black Forest is in my thoughts. I smell the smoke at my office. At least, I will not have to evacuate my home this year. #fuckthedrought

bionic77

And I'm pretty sure the glasses came with the TV Guide too - it was like a week long event for the family.

The first is possible. The second will never happen.

P.S. I hate to kill your dreams of being athletic, but a standard basketball rim is 10 feet. The 7 foot rim you play on is only regulation in sconiland.

eznark

Banned

There aren't any good action-style sports games (Madden, NHL, MLB) on the PC. There are some awesome sports spreadsheet games like OOTP and Hockey Manager. There are also some games based on scripted "sports" like NBA which people seem to like. All in all though if you want to play a sports game you need a console.

MechDX

Sony specifically stated that there will not be online passes on the ps4.

4k tv's are the first step to glasses free 3d, so I'm guessing the ps5 will push the shit out of it. And then Nintendo regains the crown. Do you hear me snes? 8 years from now, Nintendo wins!

NO they said 3rd parties can do online passes just like current gen.

Top Bottom