• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I thought about buying second systems to milk after the inevitable sell outs but Gamespot ran out quick! Good thing I snagged both systems right away on Amazon for myself.

It feels soooooooooooooooooooo good.

Fuck not Tony!

As a Suns fan, I hate the Spurs but in this case they are the lesser evil. Smite the cheat, ending their last opportunity for a chip. Lebron will bail, Bosh will be shipped, and Wade is done. It disgusts me rooting for SA and that makes me hate the Heat all the more.

TheFatOne

Did I wake up in a terrible dream? Why the fuck is Tebow on the Patriots. It makes zero fucking sense. Why don't they go and sign a WR who isn't a complete fucking scrub that isn't made out of glass. Love the off season the Pats have had so far. Sign fragile scrub WRs and then a QB who will never see the playing field. Great job by Belichick so far. I can't wait until he gets out coached in a playoff game, and the team gets bounced/embarrassed early.

bionic77

Did I wake up in a terrible dream? Why the fuck is Tebow on the Patriots. It makes zero fucking sense. Why don't they go and sign a WR who isn't a complete fucking scrub that isn't made out of glass. Love the off season the Pats have had so far. Sign fragile scrub WRs and then a QB who will never see the playing field. Great job by Belichick so far. I can't wait until he gets out coached in a playoff game, and the team gets bounced/embarrassed early.
Except for the Tebow hate I like your analysis.

Bread

Banned
yea there are a lot of those available.

he isn't getting any guaranteed money, who cares if they signed him? it cannot possibly backfire unless tebow has god kill new england for worshipping a false prophet.

With Tebow at QB, you won't need receivers!

Hunter S.

1st non-nuggets game I watched of the year! Fuck Lebron. Jumping rope and biking done for the day. Starting to go shirtless and late because of the f'n heat. Woooooooo!!!!

TheFatOne

yea there are a lot of those available.

he isn't getting any guaranteed money, who cares if they signed him? it cannot possibly backfire unless tebow has god kill new england for worshipping a false prophet.

I just don't see the point of signing Tebow even if he isn't getting any real money. Although it's true there were not any good WRs available this year
except of course Welker
the Pats did a piss poor job of replacing/planning for life after Welker. Pats only real options on offense at the moment are Gronk, Hernandez, and Amendola. Amendola is made out of glass. Sure he could be great, but it's much more likely that he will be hurt. Pats are just wasting a year of Brady. It's just fucking crazy that the Pats only have one real option at WR and it's a guy who is always fucking hurt. That is just fucking insane. If he goes down the Pats are fucked at WR, and the TEs won't be as effective since they have no one on the outside. The Pats next WR in line if Amendola goes down is another player made out of glass. Welker 2.0 has yet to prove he can even play the WR position on a consistent basis in the NFL. Just an extremely frustrating off season as a Pats fan.

I almost started falling into the trap of thinking the Pats could be much better on defense this year, and then I remembered some of the players still on defense. Pats defense will continue to play like ass, and be one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The offense is going to have to carry them, but that only gets you so far. The Pats offense will still be elite in the regular season. The defense will still be fucking horrendous, but at least they will still win the division. Like that shit even matters.

Kingdom Hearts system is garbage. They better improve that shit if the game is based on it.

Did you watch the vid? or just comment on my KH statement? It seems more fluid and the warp phasing looks like a lot of fun. There is still clearly some more polishing to do but I don't expect this to come out until next fall/winter so plenty of time for that.

bionic77

Did you watch the vid? or just comment on my KH statement? It seems more fluid and the warp phasing looks like a lot of fun. There is still clearly some more polishing to do but I don't expect this to come out until next fall/winter so plenty of time for that.
I saw it. Graphics were great but I am skeptical of the gameplay. The only time they pulled it off was in Secret of Mana. Never in a 3D game. Speaking of gameplay that Infamous game looked amazing.

cashman

Banned
I've never played a final fantasy game before but I might buy XV. Do I need to play the first 14 in order to understand the story?

Greg

I've never played a final fantasy game before but I might buy XV. Do I need to play the first 14 in order to understand the story?
I'm sure someone will correct me on this, but none of the main FF games I've played had any bit of connected story

I saw it. Graphics were great but I am skeptical of the gameplay. The only time they pulled it off was in Secret of Mana. Never in a 3D game. Speaking of gameplay that Infamous game looked amazing.
That's understandable, every RPG battle system isn't for everyone. Some still want turn-based, some enjoyed revamps of the ATB gauge ala FF XIII, and some prefer action like we see in XV. As long as it's fluid, I'm on board. I dig the warping around, too. As long as all the other RPG staples are in place, doesn't matter much to me so long as it's not terrible.

Absolutely not :) Almost every single FF has nothing to do with another. The exceptions are X-2 and XIII-2 which are direct sequels and soon XIII-3 will come out. Heck, XI and XIV are MMO's and nothing like the other entries.

Hunter S.

Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 are the best and a must for the series.

I will only play knack if it gets an 80 plus meta, but it really looks refreshing which is typical of Sony this gen.

7,8, and 12 are my legit favorites. though the ps1 era is a bit nastolgic and not as spectacular now.

JABEE

All of the PS4 games have looked really great. Supposedly the majority of third party games like The Division, Final Fantasy are being played on PS4 controllers and devkits.

Really looking forward to this generation after seeing Infamous.

Also, I know I was down on the Nintendo reveals, but that Mario Worlds game looks really cool even if it isn't mind-blowing.

bionic77

All of the PS4 games have looked really great. Supposedly the majority of third party games like The Division, Final Fantasy are being played on PS4 controllers and devkits.

Really looking forward to this generation after seeing Infamous.

Also, I know I was down on the Nintendo reveals, but that Mario Worlds game looks really cool even if it isn't mind-blowing.
The games that looked good to me were Mario kart, X and DKC (which looked amazingly awesome). Did not show anything amazing from Mario. I am sure it will be good but you can't tell by that video.

I am not a big Smash or Kart fan anymore as I don't have anyone to play those games with.

But DKC looked great. I could buy a console for that game.

Top Bottom