• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

jakncoke

Banned
:jnc you didn't get a MBA, you fail.

This cost 338 and i got a 2 year plan with it incase i derp and crack the screen or something. Not bad, wish it didnt have windows 8 hating this shit so far also which it had a dvd drive. I guess i'll just keep my old laptop around to watch movies on

lol Rams signed Giordano and holy shit he might actually start. prepare for him to get hurt and come up limping everytime he gets burned

Rw1YX6S.jpg

squicken

lol Rams signed Giordano and holy shit he might actually start. prepare for him to get hurt and come up limping everytime he gets burned

http://i.imgur.com/Rw1YX6S.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

ugh he shouldn't start, but it's a bad sign. They planned to go young and have a competition for the second safety spot, but after OTAs they aren't real happy with what they are seeing.

ChanHuk

Banned
ugh he shouldn't start, but it's a bad sign. They planned to go young and have a competition for the second safety spot, but after OTAs they aren't real happy with what they are seeing.

He's pretty awful, like whats his name said, he likes to fake injuries every time he gets burned (which happens a lot).

Fantomex

Someone explain this to me. How do you win at Smash Bros besides kicking people off the stage? Is a high percentage good or bad? I have no idea how this works. Alls I know is my kid decimates me.

Don't get all "The Sky is Falling" on me. We have to be FMT Positive minded and assume he was signed for depth and special teams >.>

Someone explain this to me. How do you win at Smash Bros besides kicking people off the stage? Is a high percentage good or bad? I have no idea how this works. Alls I know is my kid decimates me.

Gotta knock people off the stage unless you play HP like a heathen. High percentage is bad. It is reflective of the damage your character has taken and it makes you easier to get knocked off and knocked further. Make your kid turn on handicaps if he is spanking you. Who are you playing as? Try R.O.B. he is awesome for beginners. Great recovery, heavy so he doesn't fly as far and decent power

squicken

He's pretty awful, like whats his name said, he likes to fake injuries every time he gets burned (which happens a lot).

Thank you both for the responses. I'm not super worried, as I think he would be a center fielder type more than anything else. But they really should have paid the position more mind in the draft

ChanHuk

Banned
Thank you both for the responses. I'm not super worried, as I think he would be a center fielder type more than anything else. But they really should have paid the position more mind in the draft

He was forced into the starting lineup due to injuries in our secondary. We had mother fuckin Michael Huff playing CB so that made Matt Giordano start at FS. One thing though, he is usually around the ball. But doesn't mean he's gonna make a play.

Also Fantomex focus more on your basic A attacks rather than your special B ones. (Don't know if those buttons are right depending on what controller you use)

This is just a basic strategy and if your kid is that much better than you it won't stop him from slapping you around, but one of the biggest mistake of beginners is to overutilize the flashy special attacks and neglect the much more effective and much more boring regular attacks.

squicken

Don't get all "The Sky is Falling" on me. We have to be FMT Positive minded and assume he was signed for depth and special teams >.>

Oh I'm not too worried about it. Dahl played almost every snap and the defense was still good. The DL and the CBs are really good. If Ogletree stays out of jail the LBs should at least be solid. The trick is replacing Mikell. He was fantastic around the LoS with his blitzing and run force. A big part of why they played well vs Wilson and Kap

I didn't say the Texans would have won, I said they could have. They had no shot vs NE. As an observer of their team, they have a very consistent problem when facing the elite QBs. Brees, Rodgers and Brady have lit them up. They are something like 2-14 against Peyton. Their defense is just poorly constructed to handle a QB that can exploit any matchup, and their offense is designed to play with a lead, not win shootouts
Aren't they 1-14 against him? He wasn't on the team when they beat the Colts in 11.

squicken

Predictably, one of the main topics of discussion in the CNBC interview was the team’s signing of quarterback Tim Tebow.

“I don’t get why people wouldn’t relate to this guy big time,” he said. “For us, it was a great opportunity that he was on the street, not hired, and to have him come to our franchise. We like to collect people of good character. He’s the real deal and we have a lot of other players [like that]."

Kraft elaborated on his personal feelings that Tebow's spirituality is appealing to him (it wasn't the reason the team signed Tebow), which is something he also mentioned to reporters on Wednesday.

"In this age of technology, where people are isolating themselves and going to their little instruments and spending hours of not interfacing with people; people who respect tradition, religion, spirituality, I think we need more of that in America today," he said.

Earlier in the interview with CNBC, Kraft said: “We want high quality people who work hard, are team players. I don’t think there is a nicer person that I’ve ever met, and now he’ll get to compete with all the other people at the position, and our hope is that he’s on our 53-man roster. …

“… I think Tom Brady, we’re privileged to have the best quarterback in the history of the game. But we’re a physical game. Injuries happen. We have another very good quarterback in Ryan Mallett. We’re allowed three quarterbacks. We’re in the business of quality depth management. We have a salary cap and we need a number of different competitive players for depth. You never know what’s going [to happen]; Tom Brady missed the whole season a few years ago. You can’t enough quality people in any of your businesses.”

Is Kraft becoming less evil?

Aren't they 1-14 against him? He wasn't on the team when they beat the Colts in 11.

They beat him last year with the Donks in that game where Schaub lost an ear. Watt killed their line

Fantomex

Gotta knock people off the stage unless you play HP like a heathen. High percentage is bad. It is reflective of the damage your character has taken and it makes you easier to get knocked off and knocked further. Make your kid turn on handicaps if he is spanking you. Who are you playing as? Try R.O.B. he is awesome for beginners. Great recovery, heavy so he doesn't fly as far and decent power

oooooooooh thats what the % thing means, dang that makes a ton of sense now. I'm playing as Kirby with the Sword, that Knight guy. He's got a cape yo! I'll definitely keep the A button in mind. But this kid man, you can tell hes just toying with me. The worst part is that he smiles and doesn't gloat, BUT I KNOW HE's GLOATING ON THE INSIDE!

ChanHuk

Banned
Let me borrow it jerk. I'll meet you at Bella Terra today.

Fuck you, I ain't going to Huntington Beach. Especially Bella Terra, that place is confused. One day its overran by Messicans, the next day its full of slanteyes. I'll stay at South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island where people like snes are never to be.

Fantomex

Fuck you, I ain't going to Huntington Beach. Especially Bella Terra, that place is confused. One day its overran by Messicans, the next day its full of slanteyes. I'll stay at South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island where people like snes are never to be.

Bella Terra is made up of one of the greatest gifts God ever gave to man. White people. Beautiful white women, white babies and handsome right white lads all over the place. I don't know what you're talking about.

ChanHuk

Banned
Bella Terra is made up of one of the greatest gifts God ever gave to man. White people. Beautiful white women, white babies and handsome right white lads all over the place. I don't know what you're talking about.

You're confusing white people for Messicans, you Messican.

Milchjon

Am I the only one who's excited for the ps4 and xbone?

MS has to show me awesome stuff Kinect can do. Then I'll be excited. Still hoping to see some nice integration into the overall MS ecosystem too. If they don't, I don't care about next gen at all.

Also, whoever invented birthdays was a sadist. A year is such an arbitrary thing anyway (yes it totally makes sense but then again it doesn't)

At least whoever invented beer was okay.

ChanHuk

Banned
MS has to show me awesome stuff Kinect can do. Then I'll be excited. Still hoping to see some nice integration into the overall MS ecosystem too. If they don't, I don't care about next gen at all.

Also, whoever invented birthdays was a sadist. A year is such an arbitrary thing anyway (yes it totally makes sense but then again it doesn't)

At least whoever invented beer was okay.

Happy birthday German! One thing we can agree on, birthdays are horrible, but not as horrible as Pats fan. A Pats fan's birthday though, that must be hell on earth.

Fantomex

Call me a pessimist, but that X monolith trailer for the Wii U doesn't seem authentic. It seems like it might of been captured on developer software and not the actual wii u. Like a suped up PC.

Call me a pessimist, but that X monolith trailer for the Wii U doesn't seem authentic. It seems like it might of been captured on developer software and not the actual wii u. Like a suped up PC.
Seems legit to me. Did you play Xenoblade? It was amazing what they got out of the Wii in that game.

Fantomex

Awesome, I need more Wii U bros.

By the way, what do you think about Gibson playing the slot? It sounds like he's growing into the role from what I've read.

I think it will be good. I personally feel that's where you need your best route runners, however many disagree and think that should be the #2. I'm really excited for the WR core this season.

MechDX

Best WR in football:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...olling-still-somehow-overlooked-andre-johnson

over the past five seasons, Andre Johnson has belonged right beside Megatron in conversations about the best wide receiver in the NFL.

The raw totals partially support that claim. In total yards from 2008 to 2012, Andre ranks third among wide receivers (behind Calvin and Roddy White), with 6,450 yards. He’s fourth in receptions (one spot ahead of Calvin; Wes Welker is no. 1 by a mile). What hurts Andre Johnson is his 31 touchdown catches, which is only 13th.

There are a couple possible explanations for that. The first is that the Texans run the ball near the goal line more than most teams. Since 2008, 56.4 percent of Houston’s goal-to-go plays have been runs — the seventh-highest percentage in the league (Detroit has thrown 57.5 percent of the time). Of the teams ahead of the Texans, only one has a wide receiver in the top 10 in touchdown catches (White, whose 43 are even more impressive knowing the Falcons have run the ball the fifth most often). The second is that Johnson has played significantly fewer games than anyone else near the top. Among the top 10 in total yards, only Johnson and Vincent Jackson have played fewer than 70 games (both have 68), and Johnson has 1,500 more yards. That’s an entire All-Pro season.

Breaking the numbers down per game, Johnson’s edge becomes clearer. His 94.9 yards per game are the best in the league over that stretch, three more than Megatron’s 91.9 and more than 12 better than third-place White. His 6.57 receptions per game are second only to Welker’s ridiculous 7.27. And in terms of touchdowns, Johnson averages only about 1.3 fewer per 16 games than White.

Is that enough convincing? No? You want more? OK, cool. If we get even a touch more granular, we can see that Houston’s run-based offense also plays a factor in limiting Johnson’s overall production. According to Pro Football Focus, Johnson led the league last season in yards per pass route run. In fact, he’s been in the top three every year since 2008. No one else has ranked that high even twice.

Staying healthy is and should be a part of how players are evaluated. Over time, a player who plays more games has a greater overall impact, obviously. But it should only slightly discount what Johnson has been able to do when he’s been on the field, and that he’s done it as the only wide-receiving threat of the Matt Schaub era. And that's without even mentioning the smaller parts of the game — intermediate route running and run blocking — where Johnson has long been considered one of the league’s best.

The reason that Johnson is someone to get excited about this season, though, is that last season, at age 31, he had one of the best years he’s ever put together. His 1,598 yards were a career high, and his 112 catches were the second most he’s ever had (and he still wasn’t voted first-team All-Pro). He ranked second in Football Outsiders’ Defense-Adjusted Yards Above Replacement, and his 69 percent catch rate is the best it’s been in the five-year stretch we’ve been looking at. If Johnson can put together another season like that, despite the injuries, he’s still looking at a place among the best receivers ever. Just one more 100-catch season would put him 15th all time, just behind Torry Holt, and 1,500 more yards would put him in a similar range on that list. Considering what Johnson did last season, it’s reasonable to believe he’s capable of another year like that (if not two).

Ultimately, though, totals will never speak for how great Johnson has been and continues to be. Only one player, Calvin Johnson, has ever averaged more receiving yards per game, and he’s done it as a part of one of the most pass-happy offenses in NFL history. In recent years, when he’s played — and he’s played often enough — nobody has been better than Andre Johnson.

And he whooped Innegans ass. For the love of all that is holy get this man a QB!

Love the first comment:

Let's not forget that if Schaub could throw Johnson in stride on those naked bootlegs, Johnson would probably have another 15+ career touchdowns. Andre will have the deep safety beat by three steps but have to pull up for a jump ball. He wins the jump ball because he's Andre Fucking Johnson, but still.

Top Bottom