• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Will the wallaby be there? Can we name it?

Not sure when the wallaby will be there, with paying to move all my stuff across the country, paying way more then we wanted for a house, buying 2 XB1'2 and 2 PS4's, and students loan payments starting this is going to be a very expensive year. I think the wallaby might be pushed back to year 2 but it is hard to say for sure. The district I am going to be working for is in the middle of a contract negotiation so there is no way to know just how much teachers are going to have to give up.

We don't get In N Out up here as far as I know. I may be making two trips to the states this year so I guess I'd just ask if this establishment is located anywhere in Green Bay or Cleveland?

I believe In N Out is west coast only. I eat there a few times and it was okay but nothing special.

The Jets are already in full on denial mode. Rex publically criticized the receiving core for dropping passes in practice:

"It has to get better. The fact that I've told everybody about it, is it putting pressure on them? Well, the NFL is a pressure game. You should catch the football," Ryan said, adding that there were even a pair of drops during the team's walk-through Wednesday.

"That's your job, and certainly we know we have to do a better job, but I expect it to happen immediately and it never happened yesterday, either," Ryan said. "We'll have to try to fix that one way or the other. If that's with other players, so be it. If that's guys stepping up and focusing and concentrating more on doing something that should be natural to them, that's a possibility also."

"Whether it's a lack of focus, whether it's a technique thing with hands in different positions, it's probably all of the above," Ryan said. "To me, if you're a receiver, it's hard to expect to make a football team or have a huge contribution if you can't catch the football or you're not consistently catching the football."
Idzik's [amazing] response?

"There were a couple of factors. One, we have a new offensive system. Practically the entire side of the ball, save the receivers coach, are new coaches on the staff. There's a lot of newness that way and just the installation. We're relatively young," Idzik said.
And what does this have to do with receivers catching the ball, exactly?

bionic77

Adderall is a stimulant, not a nootropic.
You just made my point. The Adderol that me and you and most NFL teams can get just makes you jumpy or hyper. But the next level shit that the great cheaters like the Ravens and Seahawks get from their sources can turn a mouth breathing Jets fan into a functioning normal human being (at least for a few years until it stops being effective).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You just made my point. The Adderol that me and you and most NFL teams can get just makes you jumpy or hyper. But the next level shit that the great cheaters like the Ravens and Seahawks get from their sources can turn a mouth breathing Jets fan into a functioning normal human being (at least for a few years until it stops being effective).
I'm sure this sounded funnier in your head.

Hey vita owners did you guys try out germinator? It was a free PS+ game like a week or 2 ago. It is actually really fun, feels like Astropop a bit.

squicken

I was thinking of getting a plasma but i'm concerned about the weight, plus its longevity compared to LED.

I wouldn't worry too much about longevity, but the weight is an issue if you don't have a sturdy TV stand. Wall mounts don't matter as long as you've made sure to get the mount on the studs.

The biggest thing is they are not good in bright rooms. If you run an overhead light in your TV room, it can make for a bad picture

I have to game on a plasma. LCD gives me motion sickness b/c of the smearing, unless I use the frame interpolation, which adds tons of lag. I think it's great that CNET finally is testing for it.

BigAT

Victor Cruz will finally sign his free agent tender today. This is likely because the Giants were about to be given the option of reducing his one-year tender salary from $2.8M to $630,000. I don't think they would have though, the blow it would cause to long term contract negotiations would not be worth the money they would have saved. This does mean that Cruz is now actually on the Giants roster and will have to attend mandatory minicamp, which he would not have had to do if he didn't sign his tender.

Zoctan

Victor Cruz will finally sign his free agent tender today. This is likely because the Giants were about to be given the option of reducing his one-year tender salary from $2.8M to $630,000. I don't think they would have though, the blow it would cause to long term contract negotiations would not be worth the money they would have saved. This does mean that Cruz is now actually on the Giants roster and will have to attend mandatory minicamp, which he would not have had to do if he didn't sign his tender.

I'm just glad he realized that the Giants weren't going to back down and signed the damned thing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We already know from that .gif that cats beat Gatas in fights.
He has a reason to be afraid.
mcPHh.jpg

Hopefully they are able to get a long term deal in place but it'll be good to have him in camp along with Hakeem.

Ralph V is saying the Giants have an offer of 8 million/yr on the table. Cruz wants 9.

Hopefully a bunch of you guys get on and play tLou mp after it comes out. I am really looking forward to seeing if it really changes mp gaming forever.

MechDX

Cant wait for the Pats to cut him. After the Pats cut you your career is essentially done.

And then this madness of stubbornness that is Tebow can stop

Top Bottom