• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Man, five hours just disappeared playing Dragon's Dogma. Super addictive game.

That's how I am with Dark Souls. How the whole world connects and the sense of exploration is something I haven't experienced in a game for a long time. If you can look off in the distance you can most likely go to that spot. I was level 50, 20 hours in, passed the butterfly boss and I had totally skipped the gargoyle bosses on the roof by the tower bell. I whooped there asses with my +5 Zweihander.

This is my first time owning a PS3 so there are a ton of games I have to catch up on. MGS4 is next on the list.

squicken

won't play gtaV until they release the PC or next gen versions. i can't live with those crap textures anymore.

i clicked your thread bucket. michael's missions looked like heat, but his character seemed at least somewhat interesting. the other two are cliches i've seen a million times

Too bad it's not in Dark Arisen. :/

That's how I am with Dark Souls. How the whole world connects and the sense of exploration is something I haven't experienced in a game for a long time. If you can look off in the distance you can most likely go to that spot. I was level 50, 20 hours in, passed the butterfly boss and I had totally skipped the gargoyle bosses on the roof by the tower bell. I whooped there asses with my +5 Zweihander.

This is my first time owning a PS3 so there are a ton of games I have to catch up on. MGS4 is next on the list.
You started with the best, man. It isn't going to get much better than Dark Souls. I totally agree with everything you said about the world and how everything connects, some of that stuff blew my mind when I first discovered it. That game is a masterpiece.

Enjoy MGS4.

Sure there is, Browns fans have suffered longer! ;)

Also, go back to a Gronk avatar, those were more fun.

I want you and Gata to become adversaries so I can use this more.

ZwRIUXZ.gif

The reports/articles that Geno fired his agents after draft, kind of shine a bad light on the guy. that and his draft reactions/not coming back next day reports and all.

Also if Tebow never plays in the NFL again I'll forever hate the Jets

As usual, catching up 4 pages late
How much work is copy and pasting?
I can't tell if that is a dig on my posting skills or my work competency. Either way I do not like it, mister.
Packers-Age just lost that passion for football once Fraudgers was rewarded with a giant contract for being a fraud.

We're just waiting for the inevitable Tebow signing to rekindle our passion and signal the beginning of a new era of Packers dominance

Fox318

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.

Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.

Tebow went unclaimed on NFL waivers Tuesday.

The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.

Is Dark Arisen your first time playing Dragon's Dogma? How are you enjoying it so far? I haven't been able to really play my copy yet.
Yeah, I was always interested in the game but I waited for a price drop and once DA was announced I figured I'd just wait for that. I'm really loving it so far, I've put about 35 hours into it and it still feels fresh thanks to the great combat. It kind of feels like a WRPG made by a Japanese developer, which works out well for me since I usually prefer the combat and character progression in JRPG's over something like Skyrim, but I like having the big open world to explore as well.

But man, the combat is really, really fantastic.

Yeah, I was always interested in the game but I waited for a price drop and once DA was announced I figured I'd just wait for that. I'm really loving it so far, I've put about 35 hours into it and it still feels fresh thanks to the great combat. It kind of feels like a WRPG made by a Japanese developer, which works out well for me since I usually prefer the combat and character progression in JRPG's over something like Skyrim, but I like having the big open world to explore as well.

But man, the combat is really, really fantastic.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! The world's a little bigger, thanks for Bitterblack. The combat is very satisfying. What class are you, and what class did you make your pawn? I'm a Mystic Knight (so much fun) with my pawn being a Mage, works very well.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! The world's a little bigger, thanks for Bitterblack. The combat is very satisfying. What class are you, and what class did you make your pawn? I'm a Mystic Knight (so much fun) with my pawn being a Mage, works very well.
I started as a Fighter, then went to a Warrior, and now I'm a Mystic Knight. All of them have been a lot of fun in their own way. My pawn is a Warrior right now and the other two are usually Mages. I love how hectic everything can get with a full party, especially when you're fighting the big monsters and climbing all over them and stuff.

On our newest Corner Back Browns gaf
By Vic Carucci
Leon McFadden is seen by player-personnel people with whom I’ve spoken as about as good a cornerback as the Browns could have selected in the third round. In fact, Gil Brandt, the architect of the Cowboys’ dynasty of the 1970s and a player-personnel guru for NFL.com and SiriusXM NFL Radio, told me he had a second-round grade on McFadden because of his speed and ball skills. The biggest reason this choice makes sense is the nature of the 3-4 scheme that defensive coordinator Ray Horton is installing. By design, this defense puts immense pressure on cornerbacks, who are constantly challenged in coverage because of the abundance of defenders rushing the passer, and they must be smart and instinctive. According to one NFL source, McFadden did well on the Wonderlic test, given to all draft prospects.
It's not that I don't like you guys.

I just don't like TheBatman the least out of all the brownies
.............. Nori<3

The reports/articles that Geno fired his agents after draft, kind of shine a bad light on the guy. that and his draft reactions/not coming back next day reports and all.

Also if Tebow never plays in the NFL again I'll forever hate the Jets

He's a total douche nozzle and it explains why the Jets drafted him. Get ready for another season of Rex dodging questions about the offense while trying to pull useless stats about his defense out of his ass.

Hunter S.

I like the pick. I thought that the RBs would go a little later, but that's why I don't get paid to do this.

He's got the right size, his speed seems fine, and from what I've seen and read he's a very patient runner. He seems like the perfect guy for short yards and goaline, but seems to be somewhat all-purpose if he can block.

He states how he came back in 2012 with the drive to become a more complete back, and says that he is somewhat comfortable with audibles (from Wilson), realizes the importance of protecting the passer, and can make catches out of the backfield.

I realize now that he really wasn't asked to do much in the Badger's offense outside of running, but the guy says all the right things. I hate to compare him to TD (so many have already because of exact size and speed, even Elway compared him to TD), but the one thing that I loved about TD is that he took pride in his pass protection, so much so that he beat himself up over blown blocks. Ball seems to have that in him as well, and in this offense it is very important, so that puts me at ease about him.

I'm excited about him, and hopefully those roadgraders on the right side will help him be successful.

I think it will be Moreno, Hillman, the two Balls, and Hester.

I think McGahee is going to be released. He's older, expensive, coming off an injury, and was catching fumblitis. Moreno stays on because he's not that expensive, can pass-protect, and catch out of the backfield. Hillman will continue to develop, he's not going anywhere 1 year after drafting him. Lance Ball will stay on due to being a utility depth guy. He plays ST so he's valuable beyond just the RB position.

I think Montee will start slow and work his way into the offense. I'm sure Fox will treat him somewhat like Hillman, unless his pass protection is up to snuff. If he can pass protect right off the bat, I'm sure he will get utilized early and often (more in pass plays than just obvious run downs).

Hester will probably be back, because it seems like Fox likes having a FB.

Oh you!

Awesome reply, the main thought though behind keeping McGahee without being aware of his salary and how close the Broncos are to the cap is that we lost are main backs by the playoffs last year for the Ravens playoff game in both Mcgahee and Moreno was limited on time to Hillman. I just think that on that last drive before overtime if we were healthy on RB they would have been better. For the whole game for that matter, so perhaps, Mcgahee is the depth needed as insurance. Obviously, Manning did pretty awesome without a great back, but I cannot help thinking given the schedule they are already planning for the playoffs. I know the media is. :-D Montee should be limited of course, I as is why I think they will try to keep as much depth as possible. There is plenty of time to develop him into the system so hopefully he is more than a one trick runner. And yeah, I will not expect a Terrell Davis anything yet, Shanahan relied on the run so much more than this team ever would so of course TD's performance is way, way ahead than expectations. Once again, I have no clue on the financials.

Fox318

He's a total douche nozzle and it explains why the Jets drafted him. Get ready for another season of Rex dodging questions about the offense while trying to pull useless stats about his defense out of his ass.

There will be a clear cut starter this year.

Geno
Sanchez
Garrard
McElroy
Simms (Camp Arm)

They will roll with 3 QBs and Garrard's contract is set up so that they can cut him fairly easily. If they determine that somebody other than Sanchez is the next man up they will cut him.

It's not that I don't like you guys.

I just don't like TheBatman the least out of all the brownies

lol. you're not so terrible yourself, dat sexy Elizabeth avatar :3

I started as a Fighter, then went to a Warrior, and now I'm a Mystic Knight. All of them have been a lot of fun in their own way. My pawn is a Warrior right now and the other two are usually Mages. I love how hectic everything can get with a full party, especially when you're fighting the big monsters and climbing all over them and stuff.

There's nothing like full 4 person parties. They're so much fun. I do find it funny when one of the pawns randomly gets lost of falls to their deaths xD

JABEE

I wonder if Sanchez is good enough to even get an invite from those beef people, yet the Jets are paying out his 7+ figure annual salary.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers-Age just lost that passion for football once Fraudgers was rewarded with a giant contract for being a fraud.

Wow it's just me and ez in the top posters for Packers Age.

I figured Greg would have charted for all of his ":jnc" responses. Legendary and Shake are just lazy.

Greg

Wow it's just me and ez in the top posters for Packers Age.

I figured Greg would have charted for all of his ":jnc" responses. Legendary and Shake are just lazy.
I picked up the pace in the past few weeks, but I barely posted after the season because I was either busy or playing Path of Exile.

I won't let you down this time!

:jnc

Nori Chan

I picked up the pace in the past few weeks, but I barely posted after the season because I was either busy or playing Path of Exile.

I won't let you down this time!

:jnc
talk about how interesting Ohio is

Oh, you're done already?

Fox318

New York Jets
Troy Davis, DE, Central Florida
Mike Edwards, CB, Hawaii
Dalton Freeman, C, Clemson
Trey Gilleo, T, Northern Arizona
Roosevelt Holliday, DT, Eastern Illinois
Jake McDonough, DT, Iowa State
Rontez Miles, S, California (PA)
Spencer Nealy, DT, Texas A&M
Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College
Mark Popek, G, South Florida
Zach Rogers, WR. Tennessee
Mike Shanahan, TE, Pittsburgh
Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh
Keith Stroud, WR, Bethune-Cookman
Antavious Wilson, WR, Marshall

Jets UDFA.

Anyone who looks like the might make the roster?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.

Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.

Tebow went unclaimed on NFL waivers Tuesday.

The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.

You'd have to be a pretty sad level of Tebow hater to find this anything but douchey by the Omaha nobodies. I think even Jesus would forgive Timmy if he told them to eat a bushel of diseased whale penises.

bionic77

We're just waiting for the inevitable Tebow signing to rekindle our passion and signal the beginning of a new era of Packers dominance
Just know that even though I wanted Tebow to be a Steeler and I wanted those Superbowls in our trophy case, if the Packers actually do the smart and correct thing and take Tebow and dump that fraud then I will cede back the title of best organization in football to the Packers and a part of me will be cheering for you guys.

You'd have to be a pretty sad level of Tebow hater to find this anything but douchey by the Omaha nobodies. I think even Jesus would forgive Timmy if he told them to eat a bushel of diseased whale penises.

Tenor is a nice guy, that guy is what some people would call a 'cunt'. He might be able to teach Tebow how to be an asshole. But you have to be somewhat smart to teach, so that might be a reach as well.

Milchjon

Again? What is it this time?

I dunno, somewhere between half a thread not being able to read a simple graph, yesterday's discussions in the Jason Collins thread and this gem today, I get the feeling that more and more time is spent looking for the nuggets of insight and entertainment between all the idiocy...

Of course I have a certain amount of hyperbolic/shit posts too, but somedays it's just too much.

Top Bottom