• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

all of NFL-GAF

It's only 12 bucks!

All the malicious rumors about us are completely untrue. You can think of us as friends and brothers. You ever need a sympathetic ear or someone stabbed, we're here for you.

So I was listening to local sports radio and the question was "Who is on your team's Mount Rushmore?" Being a young franchise it's a little hard for the Ravens. Lewis and Ogden are definites. Reed feels like a must have. Number four gets tricky. Best I heard was Stover. I'd love to hear who'd you guys would put on your Rushmore.

Brady, Tippett, Hannah and Bledsoe? (Vinatieri, Ty Law?)

MechDX

All the malicious rumors about us are completely untrue. You can think of us as friends and brothers. You ever need a sympathetic ear or someone stabbed, we're here for you.

So I was listening to local sports radio and the question was "Who is on your team's Mount Rushmore?" Being a young franchise it's a little hard for the Ravens. Lewis and Ogden are definites. Reed feels like a must have. Number four gets tricky. Best I heard was Stover. I'd love to hear who'd you guys would put on your Rushmore.

Dre, and.......well that's it.

squicken

As a Patriots fan, I can't objectively judge what the fanbase is like, but I've long thought of Ravens fans as being the absolute worst, followed by Jets fans during their brief period of relevance in 2009 and 2010.

It's all relative to geography of course. BAL and BOS are thousand miles from here. But objectively and with science backing me, I can tell you that the worst of all front-runners are Longhorns and Cowboys fans

edit: haha for the Texans it really is just Andre. Watt will get there though. Duane Brown too

MechDX

It's all relative to geography of course. BAL and BOS are thousand miles from here. But objectively and with science backing me, I can tell you that the worst of all front-runners are Longhorns and Cowboys fans

edit: haha for the Texans it really is just Andre. Watt will get there though. Duane Brown too

First time ever I agree with squicken, Fucking VY jersey all over Reliant when the Titans came to play. And Cowboy fans.....complete cockroaches.

I would add Arian to Brown and Watt. Cushing also if he comes back like he was playing before the cheap shot.

Sanjuro

Bledsoe, Drew Bledsoe, Drew McQueen Bledsoe, Bruce Armstrong.

L5Wynhg.png

HZiuY7S.png

Who needs a new Tshirt?

Very nice~

Slo

Tark, Grant, Page, AD.

off the top of my head for the Skins I'd put...

Riggo, Theismann, Darryl Green and Russ Grimm since you have to have an O-lineman.

Art Monk, Dexter Manley, Sammy Baugh and (in my heart) Mark Rypien too

Fox318

Namath, Martin, Maynard, and Klecko or Gastineau

cdyhybrid

Why Hasslebald over Shawn Alexander? Or even Hutchinson? Or Dave Kreig?

Alexander was good but Jones and Hutchinson helped him out a lot. Hutch's whole poison pill contract thing keeps him off. I picked Hasselbeck over Kreig because he got us to our only Super Bowl appearance. Hasselbeck's spot is a tough one though, could make an argument for all those guys.

Alexander was good but Jones and Hutchinson helped him out a lot. Hutch's whole poison pill contract thing keeps him off. I picked Hasselbeck over Kreig because he got us to our only Super Bowl appearance. Hasselbeck's spot is a tough one though, could make an argument for all those guys.

You mean Wussle aint on it?

squicken

I just think Hasslebeck coattailed as much as Alexander. First 3 guys are locks but yeah, your fourth is tough. I remember watching the Hawks on TV in the old King Dome when they were in the AFCW. It was like they were in another country. That place was whisper quiet. Night games I'd get sleepy watching them

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How's the trophy whoring coming

dmLZt6p.png

Broke into the Top 100 in US overall
Broke into the Top 400 Worldwide overall
Got 6,000+ Bronze now
Got 2,000+ Silvers
Got 600+ Gold
@149 Platinums, about to hit 150 with Bioshock Infinite
Surpassed 8500, 8600, 8700, 8800 Trophy Collecting Milestones

Marching towards gaming goals 2.0 still in effect!
Level 40+, 10,000+ Trophies, 200 Platinums (175 PS3 + 25 Vita)

cdyhybrid

You mean Wussle aint on it?

Not yet! After he wins the Super Bowl this year though...

What, no Bosworth?

He's in the Hall of Fame. He's too good for Mt. Rushmore.

I just think Hasslebeck coattailed as much as Alexander. First 3 guys are locks but yeah, your fourth is tough. I remember watching the Hawks on TV in the old King Dome when they were in the AFCW. It was like they were in another country. That place was whisper quiet. Night games I'd get sleepy watching them

Yeah. Russell will make the decision easy though!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Green Bay is going to need a bigger monument. I can make one just out of the 60s Green Bay teams that would top half the league!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1930s Mt. Rushmore:

Hutson, Arnie Herber, Clark Hinkle, Curly Lambeau

1960s Mt Rushmore:

Starr, Lombardi, Nitschke, Taylor

(And I'm leaving off a bunch of great players for the 60s one)

1990 to Present:

Favre, Rodgers, White, Woodson

(I really could make a case for Leroy Butler instead of Woodson but I like having two from each team)

Talon

Well, given our pathetic history...

Tommy Nobis, Jessie Tuggle, Jeff Van Note and Claude Humphrey.

Yes, I've only seen one of those four play, outside of replays of that 80s playoff collapse.

Actually, Arthur Blank should be #1 for saving us from the purgatory of Rankin Smith and his screed. One day Bears fans will know freedom from the McCaskeys.

Top Bottom