• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

Bills Mt. Rushmore = a bunch of guys from those Super Bowl loser teams... because the only other choice is O.J. and that clearly ain't gonna happen

Jim Kelly
Thurman Thomas
Bruce Smith
Marv Levy or Andre Reed (I would lean Levy myself)

C'mon man gotta have OJ there. Think general rule with these is only players

RIP Jack Butler

crazy how salaries have changed

Just for some perspective and some interesting facts just in case you get to play in a game show or something.

Cost Of Living 1951

How Much things cost in 1951
Yearly Inflation Rate USA 7.88%
Yearly Inflation Rate UK 9.5%
Average Cost of new house $9.000.00 Average wages per year $3,510.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 19 cents
Average Cost of a new car $1,500.00
Loaf of Bread 16 cent
LB of Hamburger Meat 50 cents
Bacon per LB 52 cents
Eggs per dozen 24 cents
Water Jacket Heater ( Asbestos ) $4.59
Baby Diapers ( Cotton ) From $2.79
Children's Tricycle From $14.00

So a being a football player back then, made you earn a little over 15% more than the average American.

MechDX

DeAndre Hopkins new Twitter pic:

BKBgXJpCIAIAP_b.jpg:large

Very cool.

jakncoke

Banned
Just for some perspective and some interesting facts just in case you get to play in a game show or something.

So a being a football player back then, made you earn a little over 15% more than the average American.

Boy have the times changed. Now the min is what 400k and you gotta be pretty wealthy to be making those wages

effzee

Poor McNabb. He had some good year, but he's not Mount Rushmore material.

Yeah that's fucking bullshit. Dawkins but not McNabb?

Only the best QB in franchise history, holds almost all the records, and at his peak was a top QB in the league. The hate for him is ridiculous. Reid belongs up there too.

Raiders Mount Rushmore:

Al Davis (Don't care if this is only only players or not, Al WAS the Raiders)
Jim Otto
Ken Stabler
Gene Upshaw/Art Shell

squicken

Ravens Mt Rushmore:

Ray
Ed
Ogden
Stover

Maybe Suggs over Stover, and I'll hear no corrections involving Joe Flacco.

haha dude Flacco is going up. As far as the BAL Colts, that team no longer exists. Just like the Houston Oilers no longer exist, or the LA Rams. A team moves, its history stays in the old city

Godslay

Banned
I love Davis it is just that running him to a short career pulls him down unfortunately while Rod lasted so long. Elways go to reciever and he played beyond Elway's time. Davis is one of the best examples of why teams rarely draft RBs in the first round anymore. Because they average very short careers.

Hey, the Colts gave him up the same way they gave up Brett Farve. I was mad at the Packers for years for dumping him. Even if Farve had that constant retiring drama it still was betrayal. Peyton has reason to be slightly mad at the cColts as they did cast him aside for new blood though Peyton does not display it much. One Superbowl would make him a hero here even if the majority judged him as a Colt as they should. Thing is he still is the main ingredient to turning the Broncos offense into the second highest scoring last year and desreves a lot of credit by all if he wins one.

Marino only went to one Super Bowl. Elway went to 5. c

R. Smith had a good career, and he did play for 12. TD played for 7 for the record (which was really 4, the other 3 weren't the same after the injury in 99).

The reason I would take TD over Smith is TD's best three years 96, 97, 98 were prolific. I don't think Rod's best years (3 probowl years) can compare with TD. TD was the best player in football in 98, hands down. He was damn good in the two years before. I'm sure you remember, but in 98 we buried teams by the half. Rod chipped in of course, but that offense ran on TD fuel. Elway was still great, but TD and ZBS were the stars of the show.

Besides that TD was NFL MVP, SB MVP, 2000 yard club, and offensive player of the year all in the same year 98'. It was damn impressive achievement. Injury cut him short, but I think his achievements in that time period were more impressive and impactful than Rod. Although Rod does hold plenty of Broncos records, so that counts for something.

Outside of the film being riddled with filthy Eagles fans, Silver Linings Playbook was great.

It was good. Once again we all get to laugh at Cowbois fans.

haha dude Flacco is going up. As far as the BAL Colts, that team no longer exists. Just like the Houston Oilers no longer exist, or the LA Rams. A team moves, its history stays in the old city

I think, according to your logic, we keep Johnny U. Throw him up there over Stover.

Flacco ain't never cracking that top four of Ray, Ed, Ogden, and Johnny U.

cajunator

Banned
Do the saints have players worthy of mt rushmore?

I guess it would be Brees, Sean Payton, and maybe Sam Mills and Archie Manning. Or not.

Draxal

Real Giants Top Four in Chronological Order

1. Mel Hein
2. LT
3. Strahan.
4. Eli

Honorable Mentions
Roosevelt Brown, Phil Simms, Frank Gifford

squicken

Outside of the film being riddled with filthy Eagles fans, Silver Linings Playbook was great.

I just saw this as well. It's good, but I don't see how some of the football dialog got through all the actors and writers and crew and director w/o someone just correcting a few little things. It bugged me a lot.

It's also very unbelievable that any woman wouldn't love Bradley Cooper.

bigosc2k

Banned
49ers Mt. Rushmore:

Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Ronnie Lott
Bill Walsh

Honorable Mentions
Joe the Jet Perry
Steve Young
Roger Craig
Brent Jones