• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

This is kind of amazing considering how different all these schools are

BKESmlgCYAAQm52.jpg

squicken

Pitt basketball fan, also besides scenery there is literally nothing to like about WV

I passed through Martinsburg on vacation once, and it was pretty comical how much of a cliche it was. This was like 20 years ago, but all the houses looked beaten down, and everyone at the gas station I stopped at had messed up teeth. It was like their wasn't a dentist in their little crooked corner of the state

jakncoke

Banned
I passed through Martinsburg on vacation once, and it was pretty comical how much of a cliche it was. This was like 20 years ago, but all the houses looked beaten down, and everyone at the gas station I stopped at had messed up teeth. It was like their wasn't a dentist in their little crooked corner of the state

I drove through on back to PA from picking my cousin up from basic down in Georgia. Whatever route my uncle took, we drove through so many unincorporated towns, stopped at a gas station literally felt like i was about to become a real life version of some hillbilly horror film. Had the fat white clerk, the random fucked up kid running around, grocery aisles dusty with old looking foods..

McNabb has to go on that list. I know Eagles fans don't all love him, probably ahead of Dawkins

No way does Mcnabb get on over Van Brocklin, or guys like Jerome Brown. Not a chance in hell.

"During his twelve-year career, Van Brocklin played on two championship teams in the National Football League: the 1951 Los Angeles Rams and the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles. Following the latter triumph, he retired. As it turned out, his Eagles team would be the only team to defeat the Packers in a playoff game during Vince Lombardi's tenure as Green Bay's head coach.[10] Van Brocklin led the NFL in passing three times and in punting twice. On nine occasions, he was selected to the Pro Bowl."

Norm was a big time passer in an era when almost no one threw the ball, he was also a great punter, he also called all the plays on offense and even basically was the OC. The Eagles were losing in the 4th quarter of the 1960 championship game and he drove down the field for the winning score against a great Packers D. Mcnabb had a great career with the Eagles but it is silly to even compare the 2 of them.

squicken

No way does Mcnabb get on over Van Brocklin, or guys like Jerome Brown. Not a chance in hell.

"During his twelve-year career, Van Brocklin played on two championship teams in the National Football League: the 1951 Los Angeles Rams and the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles. Following the latter triumph, he retired. As it turned out, his Eagles team would be the only team to defeat the Packers in a playoff game during Vince Lombardi's tenure as Green Bay's head coach.[10] Van Brocklin led the NFL in passing three times and in punting twice. On nine occasions, he was selected to the Pro Bowl."

Norm was a big time passer in an era when almost no one threw the ball, he was also a great punter, he also called all the plays on offense and even basically was the OC. The Eagles were losing in the 4th quarter of the 1960 championship game and he drove down the field for the winning score against a great Packers D. Mcnabb had a great career with the Eagles but it is silly to even compare the 2 of them.

That's fair and you are probably right. Don't know Eagles history, but thought Dawkins over McNabb seemed wrong

jakncoke

Banned
My brother is like want a ticket to the first preseason game.. its 30. Im like fuck that.. Who pays 30 bucks to go to a preseason game.

The Packers have made no secret this offseason that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s big game in a playoff-ending loss at San Francisco has forced them to re-think things on defense. Packers coach Mike McCarthy sent his defensive staff to Texas A&M to study the read-option offense, and the decision to draft defensive end Datone Jones in the first round may have been motivated by stopping Kaepernick and other quarterbacks like him.

For his part, Jones says Kaepernick can’t keep running like he did against the Packers, when he gained 181 yards on the ground, the most ever for any quarterback in any NFL game. Jones watched that 49ers-Packers playoff game, and he told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that if Kaepernick tries to do that for a whole season, he won’t last for a whole season.

“I thought he was pretty good,” Jones said, “but I don’t think they’re going to be able to run him like that. He takes one good hit, there goes their season.”

Lou Spanos, who was Jones’ defensive coordinator at UCLA says Jones is exactly the kind of defensive end the Packers need when playing against read-option offenses.

“Oh yeah, one of the things about Datone, we played quarterback read teams like Nebraska, Houston and Arizona State,” Spanos said. “He does a great job of bending low and attacking and being disruptive in the backfield. In all those games he made impact plays throughout the game, created turnovers, safeties, fumbles.”

Those are plays the Packers will need Jones to make against Kaepernick when the teams meet again in Week One.

lulz another dumb fuck packer running his mouth. along with that nebraska/houston/arizona state footage maybe datone can watch the packers footage against joe webb! surely that will resolve the kaepernick issue!

i don't understand why there is this notion that kap is a running QB. have people not watched our games where he has played aside from the green bay game? did no one watch the NFC title game where he had 1 designed run but shredded them through the air?

Greg

lulz another dumb fuck packer running his mouth. along with that nebraska/houston/arizona state footage maybe datone can watch the packers footage against joe webb! surely that will resolve the kaepernick issue!

i don't understand why there is this notion that kap is a running QB. have people not watched our games where he has played aside from the green bay game? did no one watch the NFC title game where he had 1 designed run but shredded them through the air?
"I thought he was pretty good"

man, these Packer players running their mouths...

Nah, the Niners got this - Kap is a proven league vet

but plenty of QB's have led their team to the superbowl within their first 10 games. plus he's only the 2nd highest rated QB in nfl history through that time span so not that great. finally, kap is all we have. we really need to work on getting some more talent on both sides of the ball

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

FMT your threshold for getting offended over something someone says about the Niners is worse than OT GAF's threshold for getting offended about...well everything.

There are 4 spots.

Top Bottom