• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

cajunator

Banned
Nah, that's kind of ugly.

Our flag is the only one that's not a rectangle!
nunst058.gif

Its from the original Acadian flag.
I hug it.

Regarding the stars in the ohio flag, do they represent people fleeing from ohio?

Hotel life sucks when you pay 39 dollars a night. 16 channels, stained towels, roaches, no Internet. Thank you NFL GAF for making me get a 3DS. You dun me good.

jakncoke

Banned
As opposed to fake roaches? Like plastic ones?

I was wondering if you were just using to tell how bad the apartment is. You know how some say roach motel but most the time there isnt actually roaches just could be how bad it is. Damn that sucks though on the roaches, those things are nasty

I was wondering if you were just using to tell how bad the apartment is. You know how some say roach motel but most the time there isnt actually roaches just could be how bad it is. Damn that sucks though on the roaches, those things are nasty

I was speaking literally. It sucks. Few more weeks until my home sale closes and I'm into my new place. It's a rental, but the master bedroom is Ravens purple, which is nice.

The Philadelphia Inquirer thinks there's a chance fourth-round QB Matt Barkley could "get the nod" as the Eagles' starter.
Anything is possible, but it would be a huge surprise if Barkley took the first snap in Week 1. Beat writer Jeff McLane points to Barkley's accuracy, ball placement, and ability to throw on the run as reasons why coach Chip Kelly could prefer the rookie over Michael Vick and Nick Foles. Plus, Barkley is the only signal caller hand-picked by Kelly. It's going to be an interesting summer in Philly.
For eagles Gaf, didn't Notice it posted earlier. Idk but I think it would be a long shot for Barkely to start week one, but who knows.

cajunator

Banned
How do the Eagles not have a super bowl yet? Its kind of amazing given the consistent talent level there.
It will happen eventually.
has to.

JABEE

How do the Eagles not have a super bowl yet? Its kind of amazing given the consistent talent level there.
It will happen eventually.
has to.

Thanks Cajunator for making me feel better. I thought they were going to do it in 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2008. It just never happened. I think that 2008 team had a fair chance at beating the Steelers and the Eagles definitely would have beat the Raiders in 2002.

cajunator

Banned
The only bugs to worry about in Louisiana are centipedes, roaches, locusts, mole crickets, walking sticks, big spiders, giant water bugs, red ants, wasps,and mosquitos the size of cats.
Its not bad.

KaYotiX

Banned
You guys don't have scorpions? They're the coolest of the bugs.
I hate scorpions. I'm glad my cat loves to kill them. Only thing about TX I hate.... Rattlesnakes and scorpions lol and the occasional brown recluse and black widow spiders.... Damn bugs

Please. Baltimore is the birthplace of America. Star Spangled Banner came from us. These colors run deep, and by these colors, I mean Red, White, Yellow and Black.

Please. Philadelphia is the birthplace of America. They invented liberty and democracy there, plus it is the true capital of the US.
For eagles Gaf, didn't Notice it posted earlier. Idk but I think it would be a long shot for Barkely to start week one, but who knows.

I am leaning towards him being the starter day 1. Vick is going to need to look good in the preseason to be the starter. Matt is super mature and a real hard worker and Chip loooooves him.

PFT is saying Josh Cribbs has narrowed his potential signing location to 4 teams:

His potential next destination has been limited to four suitors, barring an unexpected development. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Cribbs, an eight-year veteran, will sign with the Raiders, Giants, Jets, or Lions.

Not to go all "fake" mod or anything but perhaps we can leave this particular conversation in that thread and get back to talking about Taco's, football and playfully ribbing each other? Nothing good is going to come of wading through suicide issues in this particular thread.

ChanHuk

Banned
Let's continue not understanding the mental state of such people and act counterproductively.

I'm all for suicide, I'm not for "attempted" suicide. If you're gonna do something right for once in your life, at least get suicide right.

I think its time for Taco Bell waffle tacos.

Not to go all "fake" mod or anything but perhaps we can leave this particular conversation in that thread and get back to talking about Taco's, football and playfully ribbing each other? Nothing good is going to come of wading through suicide issues in this particular thread.
Let's get back on track here. What do you guys think of this?

buttfumble.gif

Then why are we sneering at another thread like this?

Personally? Because Off Topic has a habit of taking a subject and trivializing it by asserting that there is one accepted way of dealing with things then savaging any dissenting opinion. It's terribly counterproductive and prohibits earnest discussion. There's a reason off topic has a reputation for posters staying away from certain threads.

Personally? Because Off Topic has a habit of taking a subject and trivializing it by asserting that there is one accepted way of dealing with things then savaging any dissenting opinion. It's terribly counterproductive and prohibits earnest discussion. There's a reason off topic has a reputation for posters staying away from certain threads.

This.

bionic77

Future is right.

Lets get back to buttfumble, Tom Brady's fashion and Patriot fans latent sexual desire for him/her/it, and a debate on whether or not Matt Stafford is the greatest obese qb of all time, or just a very good obese qb on a bad team.

Also, regarding the Steelers I just want to say fuck you Mendenhall and I hope you suck wherever you go (can't forgive you for dat fumble, I could have gotten over the OBL love, but choking away a Superbowl is the last straw) and also I wish the best for James Harrison. Not sure if he makes it to the hall but fuck them and you are one of my favorite steelers ever.

That said, I am ready to move on and fall in love with Jones and Bell. Would be so awesome to have an actual run game and pass rush again. I am getting a little too excited and imagine a 9 sack season for Jones (along with the resurrection of fat Woodley's career). I can't wait to have a running game again as well. It just makes things so much easier on offense and it might help keep Ben healthy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, outside of that I would say there's not much point in sitting down and making a well composed post when it's going to be 3 pages behind and ignored anyway. Reinforces a battle of quips environment.

Top Bottom