• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Dragon

Banned
That was awesome. But cold is meh.

vinatieri_in_snow_185-jpg.jpe

I grew up in Houston, went away for school and work for 15 years or so, then moved back. Job market is just too good here, or I'd definitely move elsewhere. Hate the weather and traffic and mosquitoes and Astros

The absolute worst thing about Houston. Everything else I love

jakncoke

Banned
And when it gets hot, you little northern bitches start whining about "OMG I have a heat stroke" or "Fuck I'm dead because of the oppressive heat!"

Wussies.

Youre a southern buffalo fan?

Also if i wanted my nuts to sag to the floor and drip sweat i'd sit in a oven.. heat is no fun.. well the only fun it is girls barely wearing any clothing

Milchjon

And when it gets hot, you little northern bitches start whining about "OMG I have a heat stroke" or "Fuck I'm dead because of the oppressive heat!"

Wussies.

Well, you can always wear another layer of clothing in the cold, but you can't wear less than nothing in the heat. Cold is objectively superior for this reason alone.

Although I must admit I almost celebrated spotting the first hot pants in public of the season a few weeks ago.

Godslay

Banned
If you ever wanted to make a gif but were too lazy, try this app

Great now even the most simple minded idiot can make a gif! The old way to do gifs still gives you greater control, but it's a pain in the ass.

Edit: Apparently you can reduce frames from within gifcam! No need for jasc.

Its not like Nawrocki wrote something scathing about Luck or RG3 or about a guy who everyone and their mother had ranked as #1.
Why would he? Those QB's were spotless coming out. Both mature, level headed, highly regarded and highly skilled prospects that completely deserved to be taken when they were taken. Smith by comparison is an overhyped, spread option QB with half the talent of either that analysts continued to pump up with the thinking that in an extremely poor draft, there was a good chance of seeing the guy get severely overdrafted (and I'm still amazed that so many bad teams showed good discipline in the first round).

Oh yeah, one of them is black, too. (though not according to ari!)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Youre a southern buffalo fan?

Also if i wanted my nuts to sag to the floor and drip sweat i'd sit in a oven.. heat is no fun.. well the only fun it is girls barely wearing any clothing

Being warm is a small price to pay for seeing ladies in their summer best. Church

Milchjon

By the way, I got my car back today! After repairing nearly 6k worth of damage, she's as good as new.

Reminder of the damage from about three weeks ago:

http://i.minus.com/iCyNway73fZjm.JPG
http://i6.minus.com/ibjYObdFTbvfz6.JPG

Nice. Although those bumpers seem like they're dangerously exposed to scratching anyway...

Why would anyone want to see a million strikeout and a loss

I never really thought about this before, but is there an actual reason why there are 160 games per season in the MLB?

jakncoke

Banned
Being warm is a small price to pay for seeing ladies in their summer best. Church

fair enough

Nice. Although those bumpers seem like they're dangerously exposed to scratching anyway...

I never really thought about this before, but is there an actual reason why there are 160 games per season in the MLB?

Dont know, maybe Eznark knows. Interesting thing to think about though

NFL = 16 because obv the body cant take much more
NHL= 82?
NBA = 82?
MLB = 162

Wonder how all came to think on their current numbers

effzee

Why would he? Those QB's were spotless coming out. Both mature, level headed, highly regarded and highly skilled prospects that completely deserved to be taken when they were taken. Smith by comparison is an overhyped, spread option QB with half the talent of either that analysts continued to pump up with the thinking that in an extremely poor draft, there was a good chance of seeing the guy get severely overdrafted (and I'm still amazed that so many bad teams showed good discipline in the first round).

Oh yeah, one of them is black, too. (though not according to ari!)

Right my point in pointing that out was that its not like he was shining light on someone who was considered that great to begin with. Geno Smith, despite his personality, was always considered either a low first round talent or 2nd round talent. Even the guys whose mocks had him in the top 10 said "only because you can't project trades and some teams might be desperate and reach". Nobody over-hyped him or tried to cover up his weaknesses.

Its not like Geno can prove him wrong easily. He isn't that great to begin with. So in a way Nawrocki will be proven right when Geno is bust in 3-4 years and off the Jets or out of the league.

Now if he had some actual information on guys who everyone else thinks will be great than it would be something to take notice on. But out of all the negative reports on Geno, only this one stood out because more than football it seemed to attack him personally.

But if these new details are true and Geno is an arse then I'll eat crow and stop cheering for the guy. I just felt bad for him considering there was up to this report nothing negative about his personality being reported then boom out of nowhere this 1 report comes out and now its excepted fact by a lot of fans as to what he is. Seems like he is off to a terrible start and hell bent on proving Nawrocki right.

Hunter S.

Snow today in Denver area. Snowing now, which is annoying.
@jacncoke Hockey is considered the most physically demanding of all the sports more so than even the NFL. In other words, they have the most fit athletes, period..

-Geno drama continues. Deadspin says he fired agents b/c they said he should skip Senior Bowl, didn't combat negative press from PFW scouting report, and felt betrayed when Daniel and Kolb signed with KC and BUF. Both guys represented by his agents, and went to potential first round landing spots

-Yahoo says when Geno went on visits, he was a know it all with coaches and wouldn't listen. Spent too much time on his cell phone looking at Twitter and texting instead of talking with coaches

I got that feeling from him when watching the Gruden QB camp. Gruden would ask him questions and he would just give a look like "you know I know this, but let me humor you anyway."

Godslay

Banned
You know what the best fruit is? Mangos! Goddamn!

As far as weather, my sister-in-law was complaining about it this morning, she lives in Minneapolis. Winter doesn't really bother me, I enjoy it for the most part. Although fall has to be my favorite 'season'.

Top Bottom