• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I had Madden 2007 or something for Wii, the one with jakncoke on the cover and I really liked it.

Unfortunately they made it into a kids-version after that and I didn't play it again.

Thought it had potential.

Not surprised about WiiU. System blows.

The only thing I would miss is the Mario games

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No Madden 25 on Wii U? Yeah....

I know Madden hasn't really been popular on Nintendo systems ever but from a consumer standpoint this is like Dreamcast without Madden and EA support. Madden matters in the overall relevance of your console whether some nonsports gamers want to admit. The Wii U will be mostly irrelevant among casuals this gen.

Godslay

Banned
I know Madden was hasn't really been popular on Nintendo systems ever but from a consumer standpoint this is like Dreamcast without Madden and EA support. Madden matters in the overall relevance of your console whether some nonsports game gamers want to admit. The Wii U will be mostly irrelevant among casuals this gen.

I think it will pick up steam as it goes on. It will never be like the Wii in terms of popularity, but I still think it can carve out it's own niche within the market. Once the games come people will come. Happened with the 3DS, didn't have the games, wasn't selling that great. Once the games started rolling in, things are looking good.

I will say if they get taken to the cleaners this Holiday season in terms of sales, I fear for it's future.

Doorman

I got a Wii U knowing that Nintendo would still make first-party games for it. Well that and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but it was pretty clear once the system actually came out that it wasn't going to be the "both cores AND casuals can use this!" smash hit that they were hoping for. At the moment it's not really appealing to either, aside from those of us that like Nintendo games. So be it.

I'm in no rush anyway, plenty of backlog to get me through until the NFL season starts back up and then I can care about that instead. Only a few short several-month periods away.

Nintendo already has an ace up its sleeve anyways. You lose EA

JerryRiceNitusDogFootballBoxCover.jpg

effzee

As I posted in the topic for it in the gaming forums:

This is symbolic more than anything else. The touchpad obviously hasn't worked and at this point I don't blame EA for bailing. Whatever partnership they were cooking up obviously fell through and now EA is taking it out on Nintendo like a woman scorned. It helps them justify it because the system isn't selling.

But man no Madden on a Nintendo system for the first time ever. Its pretty shocking. Not that I was buying the Wii or WiiU version but back when the systems were relatively even, under the hood wise, I would always pick up the gamecube version because as a poor college kid I only had 1 system. And really outside of the online mode it was identical.

Now? It doesn't make sense when the Nintendo versions are half assed and I can play the definitive version on PS3/Xbox360. I hope WiiU picks up though because a. I own it and b. I love Nintendo games and would hate for them to get out of the console business. Maybe this is the one giant kick in the balls they have deserved for a long time now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
As I posted in the topic for it in the gaming forums:

This is symbolic more than anything else. The touchpad obviously hasn't worked and at this point I don't blame EA for bailing. Whatever partnership they were cooking up obviously fell through and now EA is taking it out on Nintendo like a woman scorned. It helps them justify it because the system isn't selling.

But man no Madden on a Nintendo system for the first time ever. Its pretty shocking. Not that I was buying the Wii or WiiU version but back when the systems were relatively even, under the hood wise, I would always pick up the gamecube version because as a poor college kid I only had 1 system. And really outside of the online mode it was identical.

Now? It doesn't make sense when the Nintendo versions are half assed and I can play the definitive version on PS3/Xbox360. I hope WiiU picks up though because a. I own it and b. I love Nintendo games and would hate for them to get out of the console business. Maybe this is the one giant kick in the balls they have deserved for a long time now.

They deserved it the moment they gave core gamers the middle finger and chased the larger and more fickle audience. I feel like the Wii U pad itself was designed with that market in mind e.g. "People like tablets, lets make a tablet console hybrid".

But you can't pull a Sega and just pull the Wii U off the shelf so Nintendo is going to have to figure out what to do with the thing.

MechDX

The WiiU not getting Madden is a big deal. There is no way you can spin it and say it isn't. PERIOD.

At least the Dreamcast had the superior NFL2K series.

Vyer

After having a free Wii U in the house for the last week, I'm not as down on the system anymore. No Madden is fairly irrelevant at this point. It's not gonna be the sales monster the Wii was, but as its first party stuff trickles out and holidays come and go it'll work itself out.

The controller is an odd thing, but still enjoyable. It's like a mix of stuff that still shows Nintendo lagging behind (updating, speed of the UI, online features) and stuff that is pretty creative and more innovative (the TV/tablet comparability is pretty interesting at times).

Like its been for the last few generations, there are games I'll happily own a Nintendo system for, but it would never be my only console.

squicken

I felt like this monumental moment needed the great man's input

Bucs Fan ‏@TBBucs4Life
No Madden 25 on Wii U is just EA being cunts, not Nintendo's fault.

Bucs Fan ‏@TBBucs4Life
EA never had any real intention on supporting the thing to begin with.

Bucs Fan ‏@TBBucs4Life
Oh, and Fox can eat a dick. Buttfumble fans are almost as bad as Cheats fans.

I feel like so many great features could be made possible on the gamepad if EA actually tried to make a real Madden for WiiU. I mean drawing up your own plays on the gamepad! It's Golden!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Didn't Madden 13 sell like a few thousand copies on Wii U? I know there were only a handful of people online a few weeks after launch.

So EA is wrong for pulling Madden 25 because.....?

It's not some grand conspiracy. EA is a terrible gaming company in many ways but this is just smart business.

ChanHuk

Banned
Did you take off your shirt to show her your alpha male status?

For the most part, the nurse is alpha male, until a doctor comes into play. (Advanced Nurses and Physician Assistants do not apply, especially since PAs aren't recognize across the pond).

Basically I had a patient with a newly implemented AV fistula (kidney dialysis) and nurse didn't tell me. I took a blood pressure on the arm with the newly implemented fistula. I can definitely ruin that fistula doing a BP and have them do another invasive surgery or I didn't harm any ports.

Shit rolls down hill.

For the most part, the nurse is alpha male, until a doctor comes into play. (Advanced Nurses and Physician Assistants do not apply, especially since PAs aren't recognize across the pond).

Basically I had a patient with a newly implemented AV fistula (kidney dialysis) and nurse didn't tell me. I took a blood pressure on the arm with the newly implemented fistula. I can definitely ruin that fistula doing a BP and have them do another invasive surgery or I didn't harm any ports.

Shit rolls down hill.

I'll just nod my head and pretend to know what you're talking about.

I feel like so many great features could be made possible on the gamepad if EA actually tried to make a real Madden for WiiU. I mean drawing up your own plays on the gamepad! It's Golden!

ed34TKy.jpg

#GetOnMyLevel

The large G is Gronk, catching a TD on this play. H is Hernandez (This route is designed for his extreme cutting ability). Y is Welk...uuuh Amendola, running his patented jerk-route. X is Dobson, Z is Boyce.

Also note the McDaniels-like blocking scheme, it's genius.

ChanHuk

Banned
Dutch; put it this way, if the patient complained; I coulda lost my license and lose any chance to advance in nursing or medicine. It's a serious issue.

I actually had to write up a report to cover my end.

P.S. Taco Bell?!?!

squicken

ed34TKy.jpg

#GetOnMyLevel

The large G is Gronk, catching a TD on this play. H is Hernandez (This route is designed for his extreme cutting ability). Y is Welk...uuuh Amendola, running his patented jerk-route. X is Dobson, Z is Boyce.

hahahaha Very well done Dutch. That's why it's so hard for rookies to learn the vaunted Pats offense. What happens when that rookie runs a 5 squiggle route when Brady is expecting only 4 squiggles? Yelling and stomping, that's what

hahahaha Very well done Dutch. That's why it's so hard for rookies to learn the vaunted Pats offense. What happens when that rookie runs a 5 squiggle route when Brady is expecting only 4 squiggles? Yelling and stomping, that's what

Well, on this play, in theory the rookie WR could run whatever route he wants, because the ball is going to Gronk (Don't you dare to make an injury joke!).

Dutch; put it this way, if the patient complained; I coulda lost my license and lose any chance to advance in nursing or medicine. It's a serious issue.

I actually had to write up a report to cover my end.

P.S. Taco Bell?!?!

That's some serious business. You're in the clear now? Also, I have a hard time not picturing you as an Asian JD from Scrubs.

They do have Taco Bell in LA right?

Fantomex

Some of y'all with Wii Us must have good expendable income. You know like those times you have extra cash and just go "I feel
Like spending this on something". I am just not seeing any reason to own pick one up until they show Zelda or Metroid.

Since my train is delayed, I had some time to share another exclusive play with you guys.

SDQJ98o.jpg

In this new revolutionary 5 TE set, we'll start off with Tebow the TE motioning to the right, forming a Squadron with the other TEs. The S being Nate Solder.

Now with the 5 TEs bunched to one side, the new running QB hype and Brady being the athletic freak that he is, we're gonna fake like Brady is gonna run to the LEFT! After doing the Tebow Ghost spin-move he runs back to the right.

When in position he sees all his TEs rumbling down the seem in a tight formation, only Solder cuts inside (because he's gonna be tired after 7 yards). Then he throws the ball to Gronk for an easy TD.

Boom UNSTOPPABLE.

Fantomex

Since my train is delayed, I had some time to share another exclusive play with you guys.

SDQJ98o.jpg

In this new revolutionary 5 TE set, we'll start off with Tebow the TE motioning to the right, forming a Squadron with the other TEs. The S being Nate Solder.

Now with the 5 TEs bunched to one side, the new running QB hype and Brady being the athletic freak that he is, we're gonna fake like Brady is gonna run to the LEFT! After doing the Tebow Ghost spin-move he runs back to the right.

When in position he sees all his TEs rumbling down the seem in a tight formation, only Solder cuts inside (because he's gonna be tired after 7 yards). Then he throws the ball to Gronk for an easy TD.

Boom UNSTOPPABLE.

But what if the play press coverage on the right or blitz from the weak side?

G would be ineligible. 5 yard penalty.

You dare to doubt the new McDaniels?!

I'll just bunch the three on the right, behind the LoS.

Boom.

But what if the play press coverage on the right or blitz from the weak side?

You can't play press on Gronk. Impossible.

And the Brady spin move is there for when they blitz, can't sack what you can't touch.

The only time Gronk is inelegible is when he is behind the wheel of a car.

:jnc

Fox318

SDQJ98o.jpg

Boom UNSTOPPABLE.

"The Strap On"

Milchjon

I'll just nod my head and pretend to know what you're talking about.

ed34TKy.jpg

#GetOnMyLevel

SDQJ98o.jpg

Boom UNSTOPPABLE.

No, this is the Strap-on play.

iqOCYGY.jpg

These posts should do for you what that youtube video did for Havard Rugland.

Top Bottom