• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

11203478_1436657183296972_755516449_n.jpg

Did she get less chunky

The Ray McDonald thing is just another sad example of how some people in society, no matter how successful, will always find a way to fuck it all up.

Deuces, Ray.

Josh5890

As a Bears fan I was fine with the signing since I do believe in second chances. The contract was small and had no risk to it. Plus Brandon Marshall was a success for the most part with us in turning his life around. But yea, apparently McDonald has no respect for himself or anyone else. Let him get a job flipping burgers in ten years when he blows all of his NFL money
if he hasn't already.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
i cannot believe some players are willing to lose their job just to backhand a hoe.

Considering that many players barely got through the college classes they were required to take, it can't be that shocking.

For instance, Aaron Hernandez was just sentenced to life in prison within earshot of Gillette Stadium because he wanted to be a gangster instead of focusing on his multi-million dollar path to stardom (granted laced with cheating but I digress).

Pro athletes breh

Said it more concisely than I did.

on one hand, ray mcdonalds ex fiance (apparently) suffers from bi-polar disorder or something and he had to call the cops a couple years back on her as she was threatening to kill him (and had a gun in her possession when the police arrived) so i don't know. she is his ex-fiance now and isn't it feasible that she concocted some story to get him in trouble? i say innocent until proven guilty

on the other hand, from an NFL team perspective, where there's smoke there's fire and if you get yourself into these situations repeatedly, as mcdonald has, guilty or not it's not a headache worth dealing with.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I know most people have ruled them out against the Warriors, but Cavs have enough talent to make it a series or even win it. Plus they have the best all-around player in the NBA, sorry Steph but Lebron is still the best. Really it just amounts to who shows up, but I'm going with BG and Greg rather than Bam Bam Bakalava and Zychi on this one.

:jnc

JR Smith is going to be the key to that series IMO.

He's like the NBAs Jay Cutler. Very talented player but has that "I'll show up when I feel like it, if my team sucks I won't give it my all" attitude. But when he's on he's on. Can fuck around and drop 30 real quick and he only needs to do that one or two games in this series. I think he's in the right frame of mine when they eventually play the Warriors.

bionic77

oh bionic is back.

fuck magic
That's not nice. Show some respect to a living legend.

And Warriors are going to win in 5/6. The only way the Cavs can win is if the Warriors choke. It happens (see Mavs/Heat round 1) and Curry choked bad for 2 games after he got the MVP.

The East is straight up trash and I know Lebonaphiles can't accept it but Curry is a better player than Lebron (in 2015 not overall). Bron is obviously better at rebounding and defense but he doesn't really play defense for 48 minutes anymore so that goes out the window. But take those guys away and Warriors are still so much deeper than the Cavs. They are going to be worn out every 4th quarter. I mean the Warriors are going to the finals and Klay has not even played that well.

Cavs could be great next year if they turn Love into 2 good players, get some depth and 2 more 3 point shooters. Add a coach to that and they could be the best team in the NBA (assuming they stay healthy).

Cavs have no chance, but I will say that if by some miracle they do beat the Warriors without Love and with broken Kyrie, it will be by far the most impressive season of Lebron's career.

More impressive than the time he singlehandedly dragged Drew Gooden, Larry Drew, Zydranus Ilgauskas, and Mike Brown into the NBA Finals.

More impressive than the year after he shat the bed against the Mavs and decided to come back as GodBody annihilating every team in his path to a title.

Right now he's carrying former busts (Tristan Thompson), washed bums (Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, James Jones), never beens (Mozgov), New York Knicks castaways, Dennis Rodman reincarnated in a short white dude (Dellagoon), and a coach that doesn't understand how timeouts work.

I'll be speechless if they beat a 67 win team four times out of seven.

Cavs have no chance, but I will say that if by some miracle they do beat the Warriors without Love and with broken Kyrie, it will be by far the most impressive season of Lebron's career.

More impressive than the time he singlehandedly dragged Drew Gooden, Larry Drew, Zydranus Ilgauskas, and Mike Brown into the NBA Finals.

More impressive than the year after he shat the bed against the Mavs and decided to come back as GodBody annihilating every team in his path to a title.

Right now he's carrying former busts (Tristan Thompson), washed bums (Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, James Jones), never beens (Mozgov), New York Knicks castaways, Dennis Rodman reincarnated in a short white dude (Dellagoon), and a coach that doesn't understand how timeouts work.

I'll be speechless if they beat a 67 win team four times out of seven.

You know the crazy thing is that if you put LeBron on any team in the east they might make the finals. Every bum ass team in the East could have made the Finals of LeBron just played there. That's how crazy he's carrying that entire conference.

zychi

Banned
You know the crazy thing is that if you put LeBron on any team in the east they might make the finals. Every bum ass team in the East could have made the Finals of LeBron just played there. That's how crazy he's carrying that entire conference.
He is the best player in the world. He's just a whiny shithead too. He's the rare guy every generation who will bring his team to the finals regardless who is on the team.

Shaq, MJ, Hakeem, hell AI did it for a year too.

He is the best player in the world. He's just a whiny shithead too. He's the rare guy every generation who will bring his team to the finals regardless who is on the team.

Shaq, MJ, Hakeem, hell AI did it for a year too.

None of those guys had to carry like LeBron did but they did have much tougher competition than LeBron.

For Hakeem out west in the 90's was Charles-PHX, Karl/Stockon-Utah, and Kemp/Payton-Seattle, David Robinson-Spurs. Also Clyde with Portland before Clyde join him in Houston. He also had Sampson for the 80's but I'm not gonna talk about that since he wasn't the "leader" of the Rockets until late 80's early 90's.

For Shaq it was MJ's bulls in the 90's, and then Duncan's Spurs, and Webber's Kings in the west.

For AI he only made one finals.... so I'm not going to even put him in this discussion.

What I'm saying is none of those guys had to carry a team like LeBron has to. Now granted like I've said they had tougher competition especially Shaq/Hakeem so what is more difficult? What Shaq/Dream did against that competition or what LeBron is doing with a bunch of meh guys? I really don't know but it's quite interesting to watch LeBron will these teams to the finals for 5 straight years.

I still prefer to watch the 90's basketball to now though that's for damn sure.

Godslay

Banned
:jnc

JR Smith is going to be the key to that series IMO.

He's like the NBAs Jay Cutler. Very talented player but has that "I'll show up when I feel like it, if my team sucks I won't give it my all" attitude. But when he's on he's on. Can fuck around and drop 30 real quick and he only needs to do that one or two games in this series. I think he's in the right frame of mine when they eventually play the Warriors.

I know the frustration of relying on JR Smith for anything. He played a few years for the Nuggets.

He is a damn talented player physically, but he's streaky and loses confidence easily. He's also the dumbest basketball player I've watched, also undisciplined. Karl was a good coach, calm relaxed guy, but JR Smith and his idiocy would piss him off to no end.

He's also a shitty person.

You are right though, he can catch fire and play like Kobe. It's a treat to watch when Swish happens, but you have to deal with the other side which I've described. I'd like to see Kyrie and Lebron get hot at the same time. Could be good.

Fox318

Pretty good?

Do you have to play the earlier games to follow the stories?

nope.

I played the Witcher 1 first but the first book (The Last Wish) is a pretty good into to the universe. I've read it twice at this point.

Its nice to see Witcher 3 getting as popular as it has especially since everytime I fucking hear bloggers or anyone in the press talk about what they want games to be (storytelling dealing with racism and Sexism, choice in games, mature but not pandering, game mechanics) they always forget to mention the Witcher series.

I enjoy the books.

Godslay

Banned
nope.

I played the Witcher 1 first but the first book (The Last Wish) is a pretty good into to the universe. I've read it twice at this point.

Its nice to see Witcher 3 getting as popular as it has especially since everytime I fucking hear bloggers or anyone in the press talk about what they want games to be (storytelling dealing with racism and Sexism, choice in games, mature but not pandering, game mechanics) they always forget to mention the Witcher series.

Nice, I might have to check them out.

I'm really enjoying 3, just plodding along though, but still good. I haven't played a lot of games this year, but I'm just blown away by the craftsmanship. It's Rockstar level with it's details.

Fox318

Can the league make sure the Knicks go without a win next year?

I want the NBA to be so embarrassed they force Dolan out.

I know most people have ruled them out against the Warriors, but Cavs have enough talent to make it a series or even win it. Plus they have the best all-around player in the NBA, sorry Steph but Lebron is still the best. Really it just amounts to who shows up, but I'm going with BG and Greg rather than Bam Bam Bakalava and Zychi on this one.

I agree I think the Cavs have a great chance. Nobody on that team can guard Lebron. He had 42 on the Warriors when guarded by Green and Iguodola, yes it was in the regular season but doesn't change the fact that they got nobody that can guard the Best Player in the World.

With a healthy Curry, the Warriors are substantially better than the Cavs. It'd be different if Cleveland was at full strength, but they aren't. That series wouldn't go past 5 games, and might end in 4.

With Curry nicked up, it swings back towards being an even series. If he misses time, Cavs are obviously the favorites (but IMO, it might still go 6 or 7)

Don't underestimate how shit the East is.

Top Bottom