• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Godslay

Banned

I'm in agreement with the other guys here. I wouldn't bail right away though. If your relationship is good outside of money issues and her work troubles, it's probably worth sitting down and working out a plan together.

30k depending on where you live is probably an okay wage for a single guy. 30k for two people is stretching it pretty thin. Add kids into the mix and you'll be stuck.

I would start by having or even helping her find something that is part-time and something that she's even remotely interested in. If she's not willing to look or hold something down like that, either you'll have to scrimp by, make more money yourself, or bail. Really it just depends on what your relationship is like and what it's worth to you.

Good luck!

cdyhybrid

Pick it up, sure. Will I return with just an empty box? More than likely.

love that chicken from popeyes

We all love it friend, we all do.

I'm in agreement with the other guys here. I wouldn't bail right away though. If your relationship is good outside of money issues and her work troubles, it's probably worth sitting down and working out a plan together.

30k depending on where you live is probably an okay wage for a single guy. 30k for two people is stretching it pretty thin. Add kids into the mix and you'll be stuck.

I would start by having or even helping her find something that is part-time and something that she's even remotely interested in. If she's not willing to look or hold something down like that, either you'll have to scrimp by, make more money yourself, or bail. Really it just depends on what your relationship is like and what it's worth to you.

Good luck!

Another thing to think about is that in addition to paying for kids, you'd also want to be saving for retirement.

And if the relationship is going well I'd give her a chance to pull it together and contribute to the family pot, but if you've been together a while that ship may have sailed already.

MechDX

Praying for all the people in Houston... Healing is on the way!--Russell Wilson a Twitter

Such a good guy. Love me some Russell

cdyhybrid

Praying for all the people in Houston... Healing is on the way!--Russell Wilson a Twitter

Such a good guy. Love me some Russell

He missed OTAs today because he's with Jimmy Graham at the funeral for Jimmy's mentor, and then they're going to visit Cliff Avril, who missed OTAs because his father passed away last week. Russell is representing the Seahawks players.

Godslay

Banned
We all love it friend, we all do.

Another thing to think about is that in addition to paying for kids, you'd also want to be saving for retirement.

And if the relationship is going well I'd give her a chance to pull it together and contribute to the family pot, but if you've been together a while that ship may have sailed already.

I agree.

Retirement is important, ideally you should pay down any debts first (mortgage and student loans might not be realistic right away). Then build up an emergency fund for at least 6 months. After that you can save or invest, reason being that you'll be able to invest more and more comfortably. If you are already strapped for cash, tying up that money into retirement isn't helping your current situation. I get that you'll lose all that interest in the meantime, but being burdened by debt without a fallback is worse than not investing in retirement.

His girl might not even know that this is something that worries Nakazato. I typically let someone know the issue and let them attempt to solve it before kicking them to the curb. You always have to give someone a chance to fix something you see as a problem. If they know and don't care or don't fix it then you have to reevaluate if it's working or not. Assuming that everything else is working out.

MechDX

He missed OTAs today because he's with Jimmy Graham at the funeral for Jimmy's mentor, and then they're going to visit Cliff Avril, who missed OTAs because his father passed away last week. Russell is representing the Seahawks players.

Better man that Kaep and his comments. Russell shows all class. Must be a Sconi thing. What the hell happened to our sconis here?

Malalaw

Cross post for thoughts

So I have been dating this girl for 5 years. When I 1st started dating her she said that she didn't like to work. I kinda blew this off thinking it wouldn't be an issue. Fast forward 5 years we are getting to the point we likely should get married. She hasn't held down a job more than 2 months in the last year and have quit 3-4 she just started a new job last week and it already seems like shes in the process of quitting that one.

So my question to you is...

Would you stay with her or would you move on. Cause no matter what happens you would be the only one working.

Trying to get all the answers and thoughts I can.

Thanks

I've been with my girl for 3 years now. Having our first kid in August. She held a job for about a year, quit it due to a miscarriage she had from all the stress. Hasn't worked since, but she helped when she could. I've been the one paying for pretty much everything billwise and beyond after that. She plans on going back to work after she has our son, but depending on what I am making I might tell her not to worry about it and maybe just do some side work.

Go with your gut man. But if things get to stressful have a serious discussion with her. Hell, keep tabs of all your bills and pretty much show her how things are and how much things can be better with her holding a steady job. Good luck man!

Also I've been meaning to tell you Grover, but your avatar has been bothering me. You had my sword in the playoffs after the Lions were robbed by the referees against the Cowboys but Restoring the Roar is something only the Lions can do, not the Panthers.

The Panthers having a Restoration of the Roar would imply there was a Roar to begin with. The Panthers are an expansion team from 1995 whereas the Lions are trying to Restore the Roar from the glorious 1950 Bobby Layne Lions.

A) I didn't pick this avatar

B) I only have it because I put my faith in your scrub franchise in doing something it's shown it's utterly incapable of, having a good season. Somehow miraculously, it came down to the last game of the season but yet again your fat, slob, Jabba the Hutt looking quarterback did what he always does, fall woefully and pitifully short against a team worth a damn on the road.

I have no claim to "Restoring the Roar" because quite frankly, I couldn't give two squirts of piss about whatever slogan you use to maintain the delusion that the Lions will ever be worth a shit.

btw, my expansion team from 1995 won more playoff games in the past four months than the Lions have won in the past twenty four years.

cdyhybrid

FMT is shit shaming? Is this what we have come to?

FMT is just upset that he wasn't invited.

B) I only have it because I put my faith in your scrub franchise in doing something it's shown it's utterly incapable of, having a good season. Somehow miraculously, it came down to the last game of the season but yet again your fat, slob, Jabba the Hutt looking quarterback did what he always does, fall woefully and pitifully short against a team worth a damn on the road.

I have no claim to "Restoring the Roar" because quite frankly, I couldn't give two squirts of piss about whatever slogan you use to maintain the delusion that the Lions will ever be worth a shit.

btw, my expansion team from 1995 won more playoff games in the past four months than the Lions have won in the past twenty four years.

:jnc Grover going in!

:jnc

JABEE

DAMN!

Bread

Banned

illK6U.gif

the lions have 1 playoff win in the last 57 years. let that sink in a bit before you go in on kas. imagine if your team had 1 playoff win in 57 years... i dont even know

:jnc

Can all of you just shut the fuck up for once
What's ailing you, friend?

I'm a lifelong niners fans but I lived in michigan for 5 years so I like to wish the lions well. I actually almost had an internship with them. 1 playoff win in 57..damn son that's depressing. Here's hoping taco bell has HGH in it #StaffordPlayoffs

Bread

Banned
Bread friend, what is your opinion on the Warriors? You've been a devoted Cavs fans, you were with me in the Boston series.
They are great, it's going to be a very tough series for our Cavs. I think it will need to go to 7 and Lebron will put in an all-time great performance, scoring 89 points on 35-36 shooting to bring the trophy home to Cleve.

MechDX

Damn. Just damn.

bionic77

he has less playoff wins than tommy maddox
Tommy has more professional championships than anyone that has played for the Niners in the past 20 years!

Many have won a regular NFL championship (debatable whether they are more or less valued than high school championships, no one outside of Wisconsin knows who won any championship before the merger, but all of us can recite by heart how many TDs Al Bundy scored for good ol Polk High so that should tell you were I land for this debate). And even Superbowls are not that hard to come by. I can think of at least 2 quarterbacks that have 4 legitimate, unstained Superbowl wins. But there is and will only ever be one champion of the XFL. Do you really think Kap will ever be able to boast about anything nearly as impressive?

Talon

Tommy has more professional championships than anyone that has played for the Niners in the past 20 years!

Many have won a regular NFL championship (debatable whether they are more or less valued than high school championships, no one outside of Wisconsin knows who won any championship before the merger, but all of us can recite by heart how many TDs Al Bundy scored for good ol Polk High so that should tell you were I land for this debate). And even Superbowls are not that hard to come by. I can think of at least 2 quarterbacks that have 4 legitimate, unstained Superbowl wins. But there is and will only ever be one champion of the XFL. Do you really think Kap will ever be able to boast about anything nearly as impressive?

I missed you, pops.

Sorry to all other friends in here, but friend Grover has more than earned the right to captain NFLGAF in June for this. Well done

Top Bottom