• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Qbdm48Z.png

JABEE

Peterson physically abuses a member of the most vulnerable class of humans on the planet and gets reinstated into the league.

Now he wants more guaranteed money?

Godslay

Banned
I didn't know Clark graded higher in his season starting at LT, then Clady did last year. So that's promising.

The main thing I remember about Clark that year is getting beat badly by a drugged up Robert Mathis. So maybe he can go back over there if Sambrilo or Schofield can't hack it.

The other silver lining is that with Clady going out early, it means that we can adjust and the next guy in line gets all the reps. Better now than at the middle or towards the end of the season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow AP really has no clue how NFL contracts work. Bitching about the system that your union agreed to isn't going to change anything.

Peterson physically abuses a member of the most vulnerable class of humans on the planet and gets reinstated into the league.

Now he wants more guaranteed money?

He knows his next paycheck's his last, and he's trying to make it as big as he can and see if any team's dumb enough to give it to him.

Unfortunately, considering how stupid we know people are, I can't rule out some team proving him right.

I didn't know Clark graded higher in his season starting at LT, then Clady did last year. So that's promising.

The main thing I remember about Clark that year is getting beat badly by a drugged up Robert Mathis. So maybe he can go back over there if Sambrilo or Schofield can't hack it.

The other silver lining is that with Clady going out early, it means that we can adjust and the next guy in line gets all the reps. Better now than at the middle or towards the end of the season.

True. I hope the Broncos can figure out a way to address this loss and get the O-line right like you have been saying. I still have concerns myself but I hope the rookies step up.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow AP really has no clue how NFL contracts work. Bitching about the system that your union agreed to isn't going to change anything.

To be fair I see why he's mad. The Vikings threw him under the bus before his legal proceedings even started and now they want him back all of the sudden.

Won't matter anyways because the Vikings are still a 6-10 team.

Godslay

Banned
True. I hope the Broncos can figure out a way to address this loss and get the O-line right like you have been saying. I still have concerns myself but I hope the rookies step up.

It does suck that Clady is gone. He's a veteran, he was experienced with the ZBS, and he was damn good.

I've being saying the line would be okay generically, and that I trust Kubes and Rico to get it done. They have a history of taking lower round talent and forming a cohesive unit that not only gets the job done, but has been proven year over year to be within the top 10 of the league.

It's more than that though. We are still thinking in terms of protecting Peyton where he can just hang in the pocket. We still have to do that, but the thing with the ZBS is that it is partially designed to mitigate pass rushing with rushing the ball. Also with some misdirection, and play action. If they counter the pass rush with rushing Peyton will have time to get rid of the ball on passing downs. Which leads back to Peyton stilling have the quick release, so that also mitigates the pass rush. They'll also run some 2 TE sets a for extra protection if necessary (just a guess).

The main things I am worried about is that if the line can't spring the RBs, effectively shutting down the run and 3rd and longs (obvious passing downs). Right now it only scares me in principal, because someone might emerge from the group and take over LT.

I'm not going to pretend it's a great thing that he went down, but I think the Broncos will adapt and being that we have this new offense it makes me less worried then if we still ran Gase system.

Only time will tell I guess, and I could very well be wrong, but that's how I look at it at this point.

Not Pictured: Calvin Johnson, Larry Warford, DeAndre Levy, Stephen Tulloch, Ameer Abdullah, Riley Reiff, Theo Riddick, Tahir Whitehead, Glover Quinn, Kyle Van Noy, Travis Swanson, Corey Fuller, TJ Jones, Joique Bell, Eric Ebron, Haloti Ngata, Tyrunn Walker

We're stacked

Restore the Roar
Not Pictured:

Ndamukong Suh

Godslay

Banned
Looking strong in May is one thing. Will he return to noodle arm form come October?

His arm strength has increased yoy, since 2012.

This is his second year with the Broncos strength coach, and he's also working with a longevity coach.

He looks bulkier with wider shoulders and looks stronger in general.

So while it is May, it's not a stretch to think that the extra conditioning will help to offset the grind of the season. I don't think he's going to be throwing at the rate he has either. Hopefully he'll be fresher.

He was also fine last year up until his thigh injury.

His arm strength has increased yoy, since 2012.

This is his second year with the Broncos strength coach, and he's also working with a longevity coach.

He looks bulkier with wider shoulders and looks stronger in general.

So while it is May, it's not a stretch to think that the extra conditioning will help to offset the grind of the season. I don't think he's going to be throwing at the rate he has either. Hopefully he'll be fresher.

He was also fine last year up until his thigh injury.
PeyPey won me the Shirtless League last year, he was great!

SummitAve

Banned
To be fair I see why he's mad. The Vikings threw him under the bus before his legal proceedings even started and now they want him back all of the sudden.

Won't matter anyways because the Vikings are still a 6-10 team.

The Vikings didn't throw him under the bus they've been stupidly supportive the entire time up until recently.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You're delirious, go to bed!

Haloti Ngata is a 5 time Pro Bowler and has been one of the best defensive tackles since coming into the league.

He's not Suh, no one is, but he has been consistently one of the best defensive tackles in the league the last decade. I'll miss Suh but our defense won't lose a step with Coach Austin calling the plays.

There is a reason our defense went to probably the best in the league statistically after being middle of the league even with Suh as soon as Coach Austin came into the picture.

No!

Also, I'm sad the Dutch female squad isn't in FIFA 16. We could battle with the women squads against each other!
That is a shame... You'll have to be some other team!

Haloti Ngata is a 5 time Pro Bowler and has been one of the best defensive tackles since coming into the league.

He's not Suh, no one is, but he has been consistently one of the best defensive tackles in the league the last decade. I'll miss Suh but our defense won't lose a step with Coach Austin calling the plays.

There is a reason our defense went to probably the best in the league statistically after being middle of the league even with Suh as soon as Coach Austin came into the picture.
We'll see. You were the one who always talked about how irreplaceable he was.

jakncoke

Banned
That is a shame... You'll have to be some other team!

We'll see. You were the one who always talked about how irreplaceable he was.

Till the end of time or kas quits or gets permed we'll have to hear how stacked the Lions are regardless how little chance they have. Lions should hire him for PR on days its below 50 so he can earn on all days

BigAT

Not Pictured: Calvin Johnson, Larry Warford, DeAndre Levy, Stephen Tulloch, Ameer Abdullah, Riley Reiff, Theo Riddick, Tahir Whitehead, Glover Quinn, Kyle Van Noy, Travis Swanson, Corey Fuller, TJ Jones, Joique Bell, Eric Ebron, Haloti Ngata, Tyrunn Walker

We're stacked

Restore the Roar

Not pictured: Super Bowl rings.

Top Bottom