• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

bionic77

This is true. Bionic deserved to be here during that time of great victory and unbridled celebration.
I got banned for taking too much delight in their downfall.

I probably would have been permabanned by whatever Pats fan mod who is banning me these days.

There is only so much hurt the buttocks can take.

But the main point to take from this is not that I was banned when the Patriots organization was exposed, but that dreams really do come true.

bionic77

You probably got banned for your obsession with the word 'cunt'

Deflategate is working well for us, it gives Jimmy his chance to shine. A Steelers fan wouldn't understand
I actually did get banned for calling the Pats cheating cunts. Which is strange because it is clearly the truth.

ampere

I actually did get banned for calling the Pats cheating cunts. Which is strange because it is clearly the truth.

If you ain't cheatin'...

You know you could replace cunt with a different pejorative and you'd probably not get banned for it. You have to learn the rules to fit into society. Just friendly advice, friend!

His arm strength has increased yoy, since 2012.

This is his second year with the Broncos strength coach, and he's also working with a longevity coach.

He looks bulkier with wider shoulders and looks stronger in general.

So while it is May, it's not a stretch to think that the extra conditioning will help to offset the grind of the season. I don't think he's going to be throwing at the rate he has either. Hopefully he'll be fresher.

He was also fine last year up until his thigh injury.
IMO, he'll be great as long as they keep him clean.

Problem with old QBs is that they get brittle.

In the Pats fan parallel universe, everyone is always cheating, and the Pats only got caught and punished because they won too much. Under this delusion, their problem wasn't cheating, it was cheating too well.

Lance Armstrong probably wishes he had such loyal followers!

Godslay

Banned
IMO, he'll be great as long as they keep him clean.

Problem with old QBs is that they get brittle.

That's probably why he bulked up a bit. To be less brittle and be more durable throughout the season.

As far as keeping clean, I'm confident the line they build will be able to do so through the ZBS and Manning's release/short game. I know Kubes likes his deep shots through the play action, and those might be there if the run game is working. If not I think he'll default back to shotgun and the short stuff.

We have options to work with. I'll be optimistic until I see first hand any issues with the line.

If you ain't cheatin'...

You know you could replace cunt with a different pejorative and you'd probably not get banned for it. You have to learn the rules to fit into society. Just friendly advice, friend!

Cunt is on the green list, and In Bucket's honor (RIP Ginger Warrior), I'll be damned if we let some newly minted Pat's fan take it from us!

Godslay

Banned
You also have Ant-Man as your quarterback. The smallest, squirmiest dude on the field at all times.

Broncos have a statue for QB

Sure, but Russ hangs on to the ball much longer than Peyton does on average. Probably part design, part continuing a play, part not having much at WR, part having a weak line.

In the Broncos situation, it will probably work out where the run becomes more important. If it's working, then there will be time to throw. If it's not we go back to Manning quick release from shotgun. If that gets shut down, well then you'll see the sack count tick up or more 3 and outs, throwaways etc.

It's going to be a different offense for sure. Not revolutionary or anything like that, but I'm curious to see what melds between Manning and Kubes. Could be great, or just okay.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Vikings didn't throw him under the bus they've been stupidly supportive the entire time up until recently.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_26550116/vikings-suspend-adrian-peterson-again

They suspended him for the whole season before his legal proceedings even started.

Fuck traffic, which idiot approves construction in the middle of rush hour

It boggles my mind every time I see construction or work being done on the 210, 405 etc. at 2 PM on a fucking Wednesday. Can't do this on a Saturday or Sunday at 9 PM?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Detroit Lions rookie Quandre Diggs an early standout

According to ESPN, Quandre Diggs "was consistently with the first unit as the nickelback" on Wednesday. With Bill Bentley and Nevin Lawson still limited, Diggs has a really good chance to make an early statement that he should be the full-time nickelback going forward.

"I like that guy. He's scrappy, he's tough, he's got good ball skills, he's got good football sense that I've seen so far,'' defensive coordinator Teryl Austin said of Diggs. "So, we'll just see how once we get into pads, once we get him in game situations, but I think he's got a great background. Obviously, he's got a great resource in his brother in terms of how this game is played – what you do, what you need to do to be successful, so it looks like he's used that. I'm pleased with where he is right now."

http://www.theoaklandpress.com//sports/20150528/detroit-lions-rookie-quandre-diggs-an-early-standout

Diggs was our 6th round pick out of Texas. If him or Alex Carter can fill in and play immediately it would bolster our already strong secondary.

All we need is two impact players from this draft on each side of the ball (one on offense and one on defense) to go from an 11-5 team to a 12-4, 13-3 team. Based on Martin Mayhews track record as GM I think that'll happen.

Crisco

Banned
Why does anyone care about the Eagles or think they are good? Their QB, RBs, and WRs all suck and I can't name anyone on their defense.

Why does anyone care about the Eagles or think they are good? Their QB, RBs, and WRs all suck and I can't name anyone on their defense.
Tebow.

And Tebow's goodness is unimpeachable.
YYvCJ.gif

Crisco

Banned
Thibodeau is a great coach and a class act through and through. If I cared at all about any professional basketball team, I'd want them to hire him.

Detroit Lions rookie Quandre Diggs an early standout

http://www.theoaklandpress.com//sports/20150528/detroit-lions-rookie-quandre-diggs-an-early-standout

Diggs was our 6th round pick out of Texas. If him or Alex Carter can fill in and play immediately it would bolster our already strong secondary.

All we need is two impact players from this draft on each side of the ball (one on offense and one on defense) to go from an 11-5 team to a 12-4, 13-3 team. Based on Martin Mayhews track record as GM I think that'll happen.

Kas is actually right on this, with one caveat: we also need to make sure Ngata and whoever lines up alongside of him don't shit the bed.

squicken

Seems like there's some concern in Philly about Bradford's recovery. If he doesn't throw next week in team drills, it's probably time to consider the Sanchez Future as the likely occurrence

e: h/t to PD

giphy.gif

bionic77

In the Pats fan parallel universe, everyone is always cheating, and the Pats only got caught and punished because they won too much. Under this delusion, their problem wasn't cheating, it was cheating too well.

Lance Armstrong probably wishes he had such loyal followers!
Its so bizarre how they are only concerned with justice and the burden of proof when they are caught cheating.

I don't recall this passion for justice from them before spygate!

bionic77

Nice to see Tom pointing right at the ball boys as if it say "I couldn't have done it without you guys!".

Even though he is now a confirmed cheater at least he is giving props to the rest of his (cheating) team.

Top Bottom