• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

January 15, 2010

AFC Divisional Playoffs

Ratbirds 24
Steelers 24

2:07 remaining in the game.

The Steelers are on their own 38 facing a ridiculous 3 & 19.

Ben takes the snap and heaves the ball deep down the right sideline.

canon_10_wk_19_05.jpg

And a legend was born.

I remember that well enough, thank you, don't need any reminders.

God, they gave that game away to you.

Also, it was 2011.

Spinluck

I hope you didn't hope that someone would create a ketchup flavored cofy

Let us set our differences aside on this beautiful morning MRSA. We may not see eye to eye but anyone who hates the Pats and their cheating ways must be somewhat reasonable.

Let us discuss our hate of the Pats over some freshly brewed cofy and a delightful breakfast made by me.

Good morning Witcher enthusiasts

I am 5hrs into W3. GOTY (I still love you Bloodborne but I is sorry)(no clue why we keep crowning every new game GOTY when Batman, MGSV, and Battlefront still have yet to be released but whatever!)

So worth it. I like it so much that I'm going back to play the others before I push on.

Don't know if I'll pick up the books, but as it stands I'm sold on the franchise.

Godslay

Banned
I am 5hrs into W3. GOTY (I still love you Bloodborne but I is sorry)(no clue why we keep crowning every new game GOTY when Batman, MGSV, and Battlefront still have yet to be released but whatever!)

So worth it. I like it so much that I'm going back to play the others before I push on.

Don't know if I'll pick up the books, but as it stands I'm sold on the franchise.

I'm in the same boat, with roughly the same amount of hours. I have a huge book backlog which I make progress with in spurts, so I'm not sure if adding the Witcher books would be a good idea at this time. I'll play through 3 and see if the hunger to explore that universe still exists.

Great game though. I want to get my hands on some of those Gwent cards too.

I hope you all have a great day

Same to you Greg.

So I've never really cared for games like Skyrim/Oblivion/Dragon's Dogma and haven't played any of the Witcher games before, but Bloodborne/Souls series are some of my favorite games of all time. Would you recommend?

I love Witcher 3 thus far and I've poured every ounce of free time I've had into it.

....it still has a long way to go before it touches Bloodborne for me.;)

You know what else happened in 2011?

Matthew Stafford threw for 41 TDs, 16 INTs, 5,038 yards at a 64% completion rate at the age of 23 leading the Lions to the franchises first playoff berth in over a decade, just 3 seasons after the 0-16 2008 Lions.

Matthew Stafford highlights complete with a Drake soundtrack

bradying.jpg

eli-manning-superbowl.gi.top.jpg

ampere

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/715/bradying.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/2012/02/06/news/companies/eli_manning_endorsements/eli-manning-superbowl.gi.top.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It should have been us vs the 9ers... goddammit.

Godslay

Banned
So I've never really cared for games like Skyrim/Oblivion/Dragon's Dogma and haven't played any of the Witcher games before, but Bloodborne/Souls series are some of my favorite games of all time. Would you recommend?

I typically despise open world games. The only three that have held my attention and kept me on task are Sunset Overdrive, Witcher 3, and to a lesser extent Red Dead. This is my first time playing a Witcher game and I'm pretty damn impressed. Different feel than Souls games obviously, but good.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Hmm hard to say. Skyrim/Oblivion were okay but disappointments for me personally and Witcher 3 does share things with those type of games. I think the quest in witcher 3 are a hell of a lot better and so is the world.

50/50 on you liking it or not i guess. Why not rent it if you can? I did.

bionic77

I typically despise open world games. The only three that have held my attention and kept me on task are Sunset Overdrive, Witcher 3, and to a lesser extent Red Dead. This is my first time playing a Witcher game and I'm pretty damn impressed. Different feel than Souls games obviously, but good.
I am the same way.

Though that shit blew me away on the PC (Daggerfall) and the PS2 (GTA3) when I first started playing them.

I greatly prefer stuff with precise level design where it feels like every inch of the game is integral to the gameplay.

Respect

I can't stop playing the ingame card game (Gwent)...but what I have played so far is good, the few quests I have done are more more interesting than most open world games and according to what is being said, they stay interesting for the most part. Haven't been sent on any "collect/harvest 10 of these" type quests yet.

There don't appear to be "collectibles" other than rare cards for Gwent, which if you get sucked into, you'll be working on anyway. You can completely ignore the card game as well, it isn't relevant to the story or get you gear in anyway that am aware of.

ampere

Sending a post interview thank you card a good idea or too much?

If you send one it can hurt you (spelling mistakes etc), and if they want to hire you and aren't airheaded idiots they probably won't care if you send a thank you card.

Counterpoint.

After my in-person interview at the company I currently work at, I mailed a thank you note to the entire group of folks I spoke with. I was subsequently hired and found the note hanging out on the fridge when I went into the office that first day.

Take the time, write a nice note (you don't need to suck up), and mail it out. It can't hurt your chances (assuming you have a solid understanding of grammar/spelling), but it can certainly help.

If you don't like those games you might not like The Witcher. I'd wait for a sale or something.

Hmm hard to say. Skyrim/Oblivion were okay but disappointments for me personally and Witcher 3 does share things with those type of games. I think the quest in witcher 3 are a hell of a lot better and so is the world.

50/50 on you liking it or not i guess. Why not rent it if you can? I did.

I can't stop playing the ingame card game (Gwent)...but what I have played so far is good, the few quests I have done are more more interesting than most open world games and according to what is being said, they stay interesting for the most part. Haven't been sent on any "collect/harvest 10 of these" type quests yet.

There don't appear to be "collectibles" other than rare cards for Gwent, which if you get sucked into, you'll be working on anyway. You can completely ignore the card game as well, it isn't relevant to the story or get you gear in anyway that am aware of.

Sweet deal, thanks for the input guys. Maybe I'll wait for a sale. I remember the big praise for Dragon's Dogma, and ended up doing something stupid like buying it full price off PSN. The game just didn't not entice me at all and I was out $60. Ironically enough, it went on sale shortly after.

The game seems pretty cool, I'll see if I can't find a way to check it out early.

If you felt like you connected with the interviewers, I'd do it. It can be a nice touch after a solid interview. It won't help you much if you didn't make a good impression, but it can separate you from multiple good candidates.

Just write a sincere thank you. It helps if you can point out moments in the interview you really enjoyed that might show how you fit with the team well (ie. maybe you had a group discussion that went well that shows you work well with the team).

Top Bottom